3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Sucking lately= time to post! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/225592-sucking-lately%3D-time-post.html)

DaughteroftheKing 02-13-2011 11:10 PM

Sucking lately= time to post!

I always know I need to get my butt in here & post when I'm sucking at this thing...
I started my day off with the goal to say adios to sweets (my weakness!!) & remain CONSISTANT in my eating plans (trying to eat healthier; stay within 1500-1600 calories)
So I did good until dinner- my dad made his AMAZING cheesesteaks- and my sister made chocolate covered strawberries and I ate probably 10- ah I feel like CRAP! & I'm totally bummed even more cause I went out to eat last night & my weight was already sky high cause of all the sodium from that...
I feel like this weekend was two huuuuge steps backwards- but then I charged in my weekly weigh-in- and I realized, looking back- I've barely lost 10lbs in the last 3 months!! That sucks!!
If I stuck with it, I could be loosing weight QUICK- I know I could- its just such a bummer I mess up all the time! I wish I could just snap & never look back & just eat great all the time...
Ugh!
I really want to do like a 3 day cleansing fruits & veggies fast starting tomorrow cause of everything I ate this weekend, I just feel like super crap, but I know I wont stick with something so extreme, I just wish I could stick to my easy enough plan!!!
OK so, had to vent & I appreciate any replys :D

starfishkitty 02-13-2011 11:23 PM

One thing I've realized on this journey is that normal people make mistakes. Normal people don't always stay "on plan". Normal people occasionally go out to eat and splurge and don't give themselves such a hard time. Normal people live healthy normally and know when to be able to go out of bounds without killing themselves over it. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. Don't strain your body by not putting the things in it that it needs to punish it for what you did over the weekend..... just eat healthy again and keep on going. :)

doinit200 02-13-2011 11:54 PM

I know how you feel, had one of those days on Friday, ate more then twice my target, and I felt bloated and crappy and really disappointed in myself. And now I feel like I have to be "extra" good so I won't see the damage on the scale. And of course it's the time when I just want to order a pizza and lie in bed.

What I'm doing in attempt to turn the tied is eating a lot of protein, it keeps me fuller a lot longer and I'm talking myself out of my destructive behavior. "God gave you will power, you are stronger then this craving, you can DO IT!" I also come on 3FC :) Hope this helps, it helped me just to put it out there, good luck!

sonickel77 02-14-2011 04:11 AM

I'm slowly learning that a big part of the mental battle of weight loss is not beating yourself up for mistakes. Don't write the day off and binge, don't ignore the calories you ate (still count them!) and don't cross off the day in the diary... it gets harder to come back to it. Over the week, the calories will more or less even out anyway. That's how I've managed to stick to it for 6.5 weeks (!) so far..... (my diets used to last a few hours....)

xXLosingItXx 02-14-2011 04:26 AM

You've lost. That's a start isn't it?! You haven't gained, and despite your setbacks, you've still lost weight!

I would give more advice, but I've only started myself. Don't beat yourself up, gradually get yourself accustomed to a change in your eating habits. It would be harsh on yourself to suddenly stop eating what you like and go on an extreme diet. Take it easy, and don't forget, it's a mental battle. It's your mind, your brain, take control :)

LTs girl 02-14-2011 08:59 AM

Just DON"T throw in the towel!!! Get right back on plan. This is not a race. You ARE losing. The scale is going down, right? Then you must be doing something right. We beat ourselves up for the "wrong" things we do too often and don't give ourselves credit for the good things we do.

I give myself a free meal at least once a week. I wouldn't be able to stay on plan the rest of the week if I didn't. So consider yesterday your free meal and get right back on plan. It also helps if you don't weigh yourself for at least 2 days after and drink plenty of water today. ;)

marianne78 02-14-2011 08:36 PM

My parents are great cooks and when I eat with them, I can't resist eating whatever they have made. It's just too difficult. But I don't allow myself to feel bad about it because I enjoy their company so much even if a meal with them throws me off my plan. So, instead of beating myself about it, I just pick myself up and go back on track. We're only human after all.

shannonmb 02-15-2011 05:43 AM

I agree that you are doing fantastic! Not sucking at all!!! Sure, you've lost a little slower the last couple months, but 3 months is long enough to have gained back every pound you lost if you had actually thrown in the towel!

My weight loss stalled out a bit at the end of Nov, on through December. Maybe lost a pound or 2 in that 5 or 6 weeks. There were a few extra meals out, holiday treats, movie marathons, but in general I kept to my healthier way of eating. Okay, wasted time, maybe, but I really enjoyed myself and didn't go on an all out splurge-fest. At the beginning of the year I tightened up the reigns with my diet and increased my exercise intensity, and I've lost 15 lbs since then.

My point is, since this really is a "lifestyle change", there will be some ebbs and flows. Times where we maybe loosen up a bit, and times where we need to buckle down. I think this is probably exactly what maintenance will look like for me. Sounds like it's just time to tighten it up a bit for a few months and get those losses going strong again.

Again, I think you are doing just GREAT! It's not a race, and there's no finish line.

DaughteroftheKing 02-15-2011 01:30 PM

Thank you all for your encouragement! And shannon, you're right, it is the time to buckle down... I ended last night on a good note, and today I've been eating like I should too! Feels good to get back in the swing of things :)