Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Vixsin – The 5k is at 10am. I’m nervous! I think you may be right about the comments. It was just so weird because I kind of felt “out of the crowd” when I would turn down cookies at her house and my choices when we ate out. Oh well…I wonder if that has anything to do with why she hasn’t returned my calls since we came back home...?

Pint – Congrats on 155! That omelet sounds so yummy!

Jomatho – Thank you! I’m not too worried about “racing” but I would like to beat 34:29 which is my most recent time for a 5k. I’m eating a decent amount of carbs today, oatmeal for breakfast, some protein at lunch (chicken) and potatoes and mixed veggies (carbs). Tonight I’m having a grilled chicken salad with fruit.

Berry – Sounds like you got great deals! I really need to go buy some new clothes. My jeans are getting too loose and I have pants that literally fall off. My shirts look too big on me. I really want to get to 139 before I buy anything though…maybe I can find some deals like you did! I have to plan my meals. One time I went out without planning and guessed on some calories (turkey burger) and it was WAY more than I ever thought it could ever be…from then on I plan. I will be calling the vet in a couple hours, they told me to call in the afternoon and get the results

*Runners:* Any suggestions as to what I should eat tomorrow before the 5k? I was planning on two packets of strawberry oatmeal made with milk. What would be the best thing to eat to give me energy? Carbs? Throw in some protein?

Here is my plan for today...

B- Strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, banana 100 (280)
L- LC meal (chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, caramel apple crisp) 340
D- Caribbean Salad w/Grilled chicken (Chili's) 610

Next week I'm starting my high protein, low carb, high fiber diet. It's around 90-100g of protein per day, 70-80g net carbs, and 30-40g of fiber per day, and around 1200 calories. I'm going to take a break from running and focus on toning. I'll be doing weight training 3 times per week, and plan to do Pilates 2 days per week with 2 rest days. I have my menu planned out and everything. DH is even going to do the meal plan, just with more calories.

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-11-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 175/175/135

Height: 5 9

What would you recommend I eat at lunch from this menu? I don't like seafood...other than that, I'm not too picky.

oooo get the capri torrados... its portabello wrapped in spinach with guacamole and provolone! yum. and if i was going there id get that without cheese and itd be vegan
Old 02-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #48  

Lindsey, I think eating light is the way to go, and not too close to race time. Your body is used to oatmeal, so go for it. Not sure about the protien, not sure you need it for energy, but it will slow your digestion (protien and fat), so if you like to have an empty stomach, avoid it. Good luck and have fun!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #49  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

As much as it pains me to come and confess this, I SERIOUSLY BOMBED last night. Okay, semi-seriously. Went out for supper (I have come down with the flu and was really sneezy and such yesterday so I told hubby after we got off work that I was NOT cooking...I want comfort food when I'm coming down with something...) So we go to a catfish restaurant. I did good in ordering grilled catfish, BUT I ALSO HAD baked potato (w/a little butter), salad with FULL FAT RANCH (not just a little), bean soup and probably 5 or 6 hushpuppies (GREASY ONES!!). The rest of the day was fine and totally on track and this morning I'm only up about .4 lbs. I feel like I'm gonna throw up today and have absolutely NO appetite, therefore I haven't eaten yet today. If my appetite doesn't show up, I may just not eat much of anything. I'm so utterly disgusted with myself. I know it wasn't the worst bomb I could've had....but I'm wondering why I even did such a thing. I really think I just wanted some kind of comfort in coming down with this mess I have. I even thought on the way to the restaurant, "I'm getting sick. Screw the diet! I don't feel like caring right now because I don't feel good!" Yesterday ended up being a terribly stressful day, too, which I'm sure played in to it. Soooo, I am getting up, dusting myself off and climbing back in the saddle. It's a new day!

Larry
, I am VERY proud of the way you handled your potluck!!! I wish I had had some of your strength yesterday!

Diana, I think when we make our goals we should definitely treat ourselves! You DESERVE those jeans as much as anyone I know! I hope you do this nice thing for yourself! I just told my husband yesterday that when I reach my ideal body weight (IF I EVER GET THERE! LOL) that my gift to myself is going to be having any residual "loose skin" surgically removed. It'll be expensive, I know. I don't even know if insurance will pay for it. BUT I will have earned doing something nice for myself! I really hope you do this for yourself! Especially if you're not planning on losing very much more weight. Someone said if you plan to lose much more, then wait til then. I agree. But I certainly encourage you to do it! Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us. If I were closer to you, I'd go buy them for you and surprise you with them just as a thanks for your encouragement and commitment to us.

I'm missing Tina (Ladylai). Haven't seen here around here in a while. Anyone know if she's here and just posting somewhere else? As long as she's here and committed, that's the important thing.

Stacygee, I think my father in law thinks that the last time I dieted, he made me quit because he remarked to me shortly before I went off plan that time that if I lost anymore weight, I was gonna blow away. I love the compliments....they haven't started for me this time yet (only have lost 16 lbs this time) but I'm looking forward to them. Of course, I've never experienced those comments after having lost as much weight as you have. I'm sure, from what you've said, that it would make me as uncomfortable as it has you. Hang in there and be PROUD of what you've done! Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. It's a good thing we're doing!

Sum, glad your daughter has found out where her troubles are coming from. Sounds like a pretty easy fix. Glad she's gonna be okay.

Well folks, I was supposed to be at work around 9-ish, but because I didn't sleep much last night and I feel so rotten, I'm going in late....I need to get there before the day is completely over, though. Still have to do payroll for all our guys. Have a great, on target day everyone!!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-11-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #50  

New NSV: I was getting ready for the day and wasn't looking forward to putting on my jeans due to the fact they are getting really loose, so I decided to try on a pair from my "grow into pile", or in my case my "shrink into pile" and they fit!! I just tried these jeans on about 5 pounds ago and they were a little too snug. I am so excited. So to heck with the scale, the jeans were much more exciting!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Hey guys.... I got dragged to a breakfast place with my girlfriends and had a stack of pancakes :-( so today is definitely going to be a cheat day. Kind of beating myself up about it. My visiting friend (Ian) wants to do dinner out TONIGHT instead of tomorrow so it will only get worse. At least I'm stuffed so I'm probably going to nap through lunch!

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 02-11-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #52  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
New NSV: I was getting ready for the day and wasn't looking forward to putting on my jeans due to the fact they are getting really loose, so I decided to try on a pair from my "grow into pile", or in my case my "shrink into pile" and they fit!! I just tried these jeans on about 5 pounds ago and they were a little too snug. I am so excited. So to heck with the scale, the jeans were much more exciting!

Ah, that's fantastic! How things fit tell the better part of the story anyway! you are getting smaller and fitter! yay you!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #53  

Quote:
Old 02-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #54  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Me too!!

I put on jeans on that have been fitting, and today they were just too loose. So I dipped into my size 8 pile!

I am still between sizes, 10's are big, but 8's are snug...another 3 pounds and they will bit pretty good.

High five!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

oh and congrats jomatho!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #56  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post

*Runners:* Any suggestions as to what I should eat tomorrow before the 5k? I was planning on two packets of strawberry oatmeal made with milk. What would be the best thing to eat to give me energy? Carbs? Throw in some protein?
_

I'd do your oatmeal and throw a little protein in there like a string cheese or something small. Eat atleast 45 mins - hour before race time so that you wont feel too full and will feel good to run. Eat protein after your run.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #57  

Height: 5'1"

Hi ALL! Sorry I don't have time for personals today. I am so happy it's Friday! I wish TOM would just get here already. Today I didn't have so much restraint. I think I will probably go over on points a little today. Just so I'm accountable, here is what I had to eat so far today:

Egg White on English Muffin with Ketchup
Two Cups of Coffee with half and half and splenda
Vitatop Banana Nut Muffin
Flat bread and 2T Guacamole
Salad
3 Sweet Potato Fries
14 Seaweed Rice Crackers

Looking at it now seems like I'm overreacting but I feel like a HOOVER! And I don't think I'm done yet.

On the bright side, and least I'm washing it all down with a TON of water!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Lindsey: Isn’t family funny??… I have a sister in law that I think hates me b/c I ‘ve lost weight. I am smaller then her now and she is pregnant. Makes me giggle though b/c she has always been one to try to sabotage me. Thanks for the support… I do deserve the compliments. I just don’t want to give up now that it is getting to be more of a struggle with every pound. I think you are supposed to carb up the day before a race. Not sure. My first 5K is April 10... Tell me what I need to know! What is the eating program you start next week? How did you come up with those numbers?

Vixsin: Sorry you are so sore! I can’t imagine having to spend any length of time outside. I can’t stand the cold! My car is a terrible mess inside b/c I can’t clean things out b/c I am too cold! I think losing some of my fat made me lose some insulation b/c I can’t remember being this miserably cold! Hmmmm- not sure about your parent… does it hurt you feelings that they don’t acknowledge your weight loss? I have a hard time talking about it to my mom. She is a size 0 and looks hot in a bikini at age 66. She doesn’t understand… but she is supportive and just tells me how pretty I look.

Pint: I have a 6 year old dinosaur party to plan… My daughter is March 10 and I am March 9. Mine is mostly forgotten these day!

Jomatho: I really don’t hate the comments about losing weight. I haven’t even thought to differentiate between “you look good” and “you’ve lost a lot of weight.” I am proud of what I have done. I just still have a long way to go. Pretty much everyone knows that I am working on it. My food and my workouts take so much time that I can’t imagine those around me not knowing! The losing weight seems to get harder at some points. Stick with it! You know when you start lifting weights the scale won’t move down as quickly too. Don’t let that surprise you or discourage you. Lifting weights is the right thing to do. We went to Costa Rica the past two summers in a row. LOVE IT! Have you been before? Where are you going? CONGRATULATIONS about the jeans! I totally know how good that feels. I am still waiting for my next size down (my belly is in the way). GREAT for YOU though!

Berry: That’s the WHOOSH… when you lose a couple pounds all at once. Don’t really know why it happens- but sure do like it when it does!

MzJuicyD: Glad you are feeling better. The cold got my husband and it is trying to get me but I am still fighting it. I had a bit of a sore throat when I woke up- but gargled and haven’t been bothered since. Hope your gym workout went well!

DianaLA: Remember we all BOMB every so often… the important thing is to get right back to your program! You had grilled catfish! Look at the positive! I would have opted for FRIED SHRIMP! That was funny about your father in law! Thats how I feel I am going to be. Someone compliment me and then I STOP! But don’t get me wrong. I love the attention and compliments. I also love that my workout pants feel like they’re falling down when I am bouncing on the elliptical!

LLBold: It is good to have friends even if it means breaking your diet sometimes… try to get right back to you program and enjoy friend time!

Novel: Seaweed Rice Crackers… Seriously??? LOL!! I would want to slather that with guacomole!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #59  

Raine – Thanks for the idea/recommendation!

Jomatho – I think you’re right about eating before the race.

Vixsin – I’m going to have bring a little snack with me in the truck. We have to drive about 45 minutes to the 5k so I’ll eat a snack on the way. Good thinking!

Stacy – Yep, family is funny like that. I don’t know if that is the way they mean it, but it sure does come off that way! Let ‘em hate! The eating program I’m starting is something I came up with by researching recipes and getting ideas off low carb sites. Gosh, it took me a LONG time to come up with those numbers, just kind of guessing at it now. I had to put all that in fitday to see if I was getting enough carbs/protein, calories, etc. From what I read I think that is a good number to shoot for (about 100g protein, and less than 80g net carbs). I’m going to be eating mostly non processed foods except for some PB here and there and the occasional treat (sugar free, fat free pudding).

Still waiting to hear from the vet...

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-11-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #60  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I've had less than half my calories today and it's 4:30 pm I think this flu stuff is effecting my appetite....or maybe I haven't recovered from my splurge last night? At any rate, I got on the scales a minute ago. I'm right back where I was, so hopefully it didn't spoil anything. It may say something completely different in the morning, though. All I've had today is a healthy choice cafe creation (260 cal) and a pkg of cheese crackers (180 cal) and a diet coke. Going under target today is going to be purposeful and easy. I'm hoping it'll make up for the splurge. (If you can't tell, I'm still beating myself up over it. lol) stacygee thanks for your encouraging words. I seriously needed to hear them today. I got to work today and had a mini-meltdown (with crying! ). I had about 4 people in my office telling me it was all going to be okay. Keep in mind that I'm NOT a drama queen...period. It was rather humiliating. Again, thanks for the encouragement. It is MUCH appreciated.

I'm going to lay down. This flu is kickin' my butt!! I'll bbl.
Closed Thread