Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #151  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lindsey--Yay, for being down! You're right, it's probably water. It really couldn't be anything else if stayed in my calories. Thanks for the kind words, my friend.

Vixsin--I'm with ya! Take THAT scale!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells Yep, I LOVE the new 'do! LOVE IT!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO THE MOST SUPPORTIVE DIET COMPANIONS IN THE WORLD! XOXXOXOXOXOX

So far my best Valentine has been getting back to 193. I am exactly where I was last Monday moring after not seeing it for the past 7 days! I guess I somehow took a little sightseeing detour! But I am back on track.

After I got to my first graders Valentine Party, then spin class, then weighttraining I will be staining the swing set if it drys out enough. Otherwise I will be folding laundry, straightening the house and enjoying Real Housewives ATL reunion. Then back to the gym in the PM for some extra calorie burn! Definately sticking to salad tonight but will enjoy some lean brisket on top of it YUM!

Diana- We will be camping at Crater of Diamonds, then staying a couple night in Hot Springs and then camping more at Petit Jean State PArk, then going to Little Rock (haven't planned past that.) Let me know if there is something I need to make sure to go see! With 2 small children.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #154  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

WOW You guys will probably pass RIGHT by the turn off to our place. How awesome!

When did you say you guys are going? Magic Springs (www.magicsprings.com) is an amusement/water park in Hot Springs that my kids (5 and 12) love! But it doesn't open til April. There is a science museum that's pretty cool (Mid America Science Museum), an alligator park, LOTS of scenic overlook places (Historic downtown is pretty!). You can go walk around downtown where all the gifty shops are if you're in to that kinda thing. We were not overly impressed with the crater of diamonds, but a lot of people are. There will plenty to keep you busy up there for two days. You'll have fun! Petit Jean has a good restaurant! It's really pretty there. GREAT scenery! We stayed there one night during our honeymoon 17 years ago. Have been back a couple of times since then. I highly recommend the hike to the waterfall...with lots of breaks on the way back! You'll have a GREAT time.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #155  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

I'm at 155.2lbs this morning. My fingers and face are still a little puffy, so hopefully that number goes even lower once I'm done with all this water retention. I'm putting myself on a low salt/sodium diet. I have to. I feel like utter garbage when I eat too much of it.

I'm starting on my daughter's birthday dress today. It's going to be soooo cute if I can pull it off. It's been a while since I've actually sewn clothing. I'm also planning her cake. I'm thinking hearts and everything girly.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #156  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone!!!!! And Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im just in a really REALLY good mood, not because I have a valentine (which i dont!) but because im FINALLY feeling like my old self again. Ive been sick since last tuesday and I HATED the fact that I couldnt workout. Last friday on my official weigh in day I was up .8 (271.4) which had me a little down. I figured it was mostly water since I had been eating a lot of soup.

Well this morning I woke up feeling great, but still a little nervous about the scale. I like to see where I am everyday, but i did NOT stick to my diet or exercised for a few days. However, I jumped on the scale and it said 267! I was sooooo happy. I weighed about 5 times just to make sure it wasnt a fluke! lol

B: multi grain cherios and my usual banana
s: 2 cups of mixed fruit (grapes, apples, and strawberries)
L: Turkey burger on wheat and a side spinach salad with cucumbers
s: probably some fruit from the gym
d: i have no clue yet! lol

Exercise: My usual 2.5 hour gym day which consists of an hour of Group power (weight lifting) and an hour of zumba! Then 30 min on the tread
Old 02-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #157  

Shells, you look much younger with bangs! I always hack at my hair too. I always have to confess to my hairdresser so she doesn't think it was her bad haircut
Lindsey, forgot to tell you great job on the race. I am impressed with your time especially adding in all those hills! I had a similar experience, DH and I trained for a 60 mile bike ride for JDRF (juvenile diabetes research foundation) which was in Ashville, NC and the hills kicked my @ss! We trained in flatland except for a few bridges and gentle rolling miles (cant even call them hills around here), and I was not prepared for those hills. Downhill was pretty fun though. Anyways, good job, do you think you will run more races?
Larry, you are doing great on your plan! Keep it up, I like your new pic!
Vixsin, I am back up a little bit on the scale today too, but I know my muscles are holding water because they are extremely sore today! You said you were sore, so I am sure you are holding water too!
Stacee, glad the scale was kind to you this Valentine's day! Thanks, I am getting excited for our trip, makes me feel better hearing you say that!
Pint, hope your headache goes away soon!
Berry, do the best you can to keep your chin up, TTOM is a killer sometimes!
Cinci, there are worse things in life to splurge on than chocolate and wine! Both good for you too!
Diana3271, what are your valentines plans?
Diana La, woohoo on the jeans going in the dryer. I thought I was the only one who didn't dry jeans when I am fat and put them in the dryer when I am thinner! Thanks, I feel better! Big Bertha Booty! It's not too late to take measurements. Makes me feel better on a slow week!
Sum, hope the doctors scale is kind to you! Enjoy your sushi!
LL, how was your non date?
Eury, rant away! Thats what this place is for. Last week was not a waste, and you have a good plan for this week to log food and get back on track!
Did I miss anyone?

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! Nothing too exciting going on here, instead of going out, I will make a nice dinner at home. That way I know what I am eating and I will like it! I plan to make individual heart shaped meatloafs, scalloped sweet potatoes, red hot applesauce (for the boys), strawberry milk (for the boys) and a nice salad with lots of veggies. Just enough to let them know I love them, but healthy at the same time! I hope to get everyone around the table together and maybe even light a candle (ooooooh, aaaaaah)
I will stay on my eating plan today, cardio for 45 minutes to try to get some of this lactic acid out of my aching muscles and I will try to drink an extra bottle of water to combat the water gain and flush me out.
My DH is really dishing out the compliments lately! I love that! Yesterday it was, wow, your legs are reallly looking skinny! Told him it was the pants I was wearing, but he said, no. if they were bigger, they would look bigger in those pants too! Good point. Why do I always downplay compliments?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #158  

Mzjuicy, glad you are feeling better and the scale gave you a whoosh! Sometimes out bodies need a break in order to let go of the weight. Way to go!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #159  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies...been MIA for a while... Fell off the wagon, got depressed and stressed. I'm back and I'm trying to lift my mood up. TOM is right around the corner and even though I usually have an extremely chipper TOM...I have a feeling this one is going to be moody and sad.

My fiancee and I let an unemployed friend move in and all he is doing is using us and we just can't take it anymore. He isn't even trying to find a job! He doesn't even wake up until around 7 p.m. He got over $1000 back from taxes almost two weeks ago and apparently he already spent it all! He didn't even give us a little bit of money for staying with us or buying the jerk food! He bought a small package of toilet paper and that's it! He only bought fast food and NO groceries. Well, I'm sorry but we didn't buy him ANY groceries last night when we got our diet food. And he better not touch my food or I will go batsh*t crazy on him. We work minimum wage jobs, are trying to save for our wedding next year, and are still behind on all of our bills from when my fiancee was unemployed. We don't need a 23 year old man mooching off of us! We tried to be nice and help him out but he's just using us! I'm so stressed and depressed because of this. He's only been with us for a month and I already want to strangle him! We're going to talk to him and tell him to get his crap together or he is out.

.....Anyway...happy thoughts and love to all you beauties.

Breakfast
2/3 cup cereal 1/2 cup skim milk = 140 calories

Snack
Yogurt = 140 calories

Lunch
2/3 cup cereal 1/2 cup skim milk = 140 calories

Snack
Yogurt = 140 calories
Jello = 10 calories

Dinner
Lean Cuisine Pizza = 350 calories

I've also added fiber supplements to my diet...I definitely went 3 days without um going to the bathroom and weighed 8 pounds more. Finally started going Saturday. I felt miserable!

Love you all hopefully I'll be back to my cheery self soon...I miss me...I think I need the dosage of my anti-depressants upped a bit ...that or just kick the free loader out of my house..

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 02-14-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Berry: I have been on those extended stalls on past diets. You are right. It stinks!!! Remember "This too shall pass"

Sum38 AKA Kristina: I love sushi and wasabi!! Courtesty of the US Navy I lived in Japan for five years and developed a taste for Japanese food.

Shells: I like your new look! Great will power staying away from the pancakes. Bravo!!

LindseyLou: Sounds like a great evening planned. Glad your scale is finally headed downward.

Vixsin: I love roller skating! Had not been in a long time and my grandson's birthday party was a a roller rink last year. I rented a pair of skates and amazed my grandchildren. They did not know I could skate.
It can be good / fun exercise.

Diana in La: I feel your frustration but as you said you have been sick and that makes your body do strange things. You are doing great!! keep on plan and it will happen.

Stacygee: Congrats on being back on track. Enjoy your vacation! I have never visited Arkansas, just passed through several times.

MzJuicyD: Wow!! Great weight loss. Way to go girl!! Glad you are feeling better.

Jomatho: Thanks for the compliment. I like your Valentines day plans. Hope you have a Super Day!!

Diana3271: "Dinner - 3 Chocolate Dipped Strawberries 300 calories" Now that's a dinner after my own heart!! I tell people that I love this diet because I can eat anything that I wan't as long as I don't exceed my 1500 cal daily limit. If I want 1500 cal of icecream I could have it but nothing else. I feel a lot of freedom and as a result I don't get that dangerous deprived feeling that frequently starts me bingeing..

Larry,
-------------------
We never repent of having eaten too little. ~Thomas Jefferson, 1825

Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #161  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone had a nice weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

My weekend was sort of blown foodwise. I ate pretty well but I didn't count points the entire weekend. Since I knew it was going to be a high calorie weekend I ellipticaled for 6 miles on Friday and another 6 miles yesterday. So in total last week, I went for 18 miles. Hopefully this helps with any gains. I was up this morning but I'm always up on Monday because of sodium.

Tonight is my 5 course Valentine's Dinner. I'm so excited about it.

Sorry, no personals today. There are 7 pages of posts since I last read...EEK!!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #162  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Look at all the great updates! I'm getting over my little pity party over things. Life will get better simply because the kids are getting older. This parenting stuff is really tough on this marriage thing sometimes. Especially when your kids have special challenges. (One has severe ADHD = which finally my son is learnng to live with without our constant support and the other is high functioning autistic, and that is getting better too - just little by little getting there). What marriage wouldn't have rocky weeks/months? ugh...

OK, off to finish making the kindergarten cupcakes. I'll take a photo when it's done.

Oops! Forgot to add - while the scale was up to 243.0 on the first day of TTOM, Mondays are measurement days. In three weeks I've shaved off one inch a week in my waist - 3 inches! Hips and chest are down now a total of 1 inch and thigh 1.5 inch and biceps .75 inch. I'm getting my hour glass figure back - more like a 12 hour glass figure (46-40-49), but getting better than what it had become 47-43-50 (just three weeks ago).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-14-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Lindsey... Yummy dinner! You sure you can't think of some kind of dessert you two can share? Why dont you get some strawberries and Cool Whip, and some chocolate dip, you can just avoid the chocolate but that way you both have dessert together! Or you can get some SF chocolate syrup!

Larry... You're doing great! I'm also proud!

Shells... the new do' looks awesome, I'm always too scared to do anything more than a trim...

MzJuicy... Glad you are feeling like yourself again!!!

Anyways, I have a hectic week ahead... I'm taking a week-long Supreme Court Litigation short course on top of my regular classes, have an article to edit for the journal I'm on, and I REALLY need to start the process to apply for the bar/fill out my character and fitness application. I signed myself up to babysit my little niece on Friday so I know I'll can't go out and then be un-productive on Saturday!

Plan For Today:

Breakfast - Chocolite Protein Bar + 1 TB Peanut Butter + Tea - 235 cals
Snack - Atkins Advantage Shake - 160 cals
Lunch - Chicken Salad Sandwich using low-sodium canned chicken and free Mayo with 35 cal bread + brussel sprouts - 230 cals
Snack - Apple and 1TB Peanut Butter - 190 cals
Dinner - Egg White Omelet (with baybell cheese) with Baked Portabella Mushroom topped Summer Squash - 215 cals
Dessert - Vitatop Brownie with Cool Whip Free - 115 cals

... Around 1200 I think? I did the counting earlier...
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
LINDS!!!!! How was the race???!??!?!?!?!?!
It was awesome! It was a beautiful day, about 38-40 degrees, very HILLY route! I came in at 34:26! I'll take it! It felt great crossing that finish line! I didn't stop at all, jogged the whole thing!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Lindsey, forgot to tell you great job on the race. I am impressed with your time especially adding in all those hills! I had a similar experience, DH and I trained for a 60 mile bike ride for JDRF (juvenile diabetes research foundation) which was in Ashville, NC and the hills kicked my @ss! We trained in flatland except for a few bridges and gentle rolling miles (cant even call them hills around here), and I was not prepared for those hills. Downhill was pretty fun though. Anyways, good job, do you think you will run more races?
The hills get ya for sure!! Downhill is nice, uphill is killer. Thank you! Yes, I will definitely run more, I'm already looking for future 5k and 10ks!
Closed Thread