Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 02:58 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Hey... I have been missing a lot of good signatures !!!!

I love..."Life is what's coming... Not what was"
Old 12-05-2002, 08:25 PM   #17  

You all are so sweet to include me in your posts Thanks.
I have been coming to this site for a long time. I still never seem to stick with a plan, I think they all work, its me that is lacking.
This has got to change!! Like Carly said "These are the Good Old Days!" I need to start the change it will take to become my best.

Kmart had a sale on film developing $1.99 a roll. We had over 40 rolls to be developed so we took advantage of it. We had pictures going back 7 years. I could see my butt get bigger every year. What I noticed though is even 50 pounds will make a great difference. I would look so much better. I need not think of the whole 140 I need to lose. Just 50.......for now.

Thanks for the welcome,
Cathy
Old 12-05-2002, 08:46 PM   #18  

40 rolls, Oh my gosh, Cathy.... I must say it was quite a task to just keep track of all that film for all those years.

Stick with us....we will get you on a plan....AND keep you laughing all the way!!!!

Now I shouldn't talk....NO I didn't exercise....relatives keep calling me until late at night about my Dad so I haven't been getting much sleep.

HOWEVER, I vow here and now that I will get up and exercise tomorrow morning and report to you!!!!! My eating hasn't been great either but not horrible. At least it has only been 3 days of slightly off track.....

Dad had a blood transfusion today and looked better tonight...I sure hope he is on the way to recovery. I have had enough stress for one week. I won't even go into the job situation.

Better get some stuff done and to bed so I can "March to Fitness" in the morning.

Thanks for being here.....
Old 12-06-2002, 12:40 AM   #19  

Cathy.. of course we want to include you. We are one big happy family here.... and you are one of us now.
I agree... you can't look at the total amount you need to lose.
Just take it one day at a time. Even 20 lbs will show on your face.
Hang in there.
Don't you just love those $1.99 specials. I haven't seen one in a longgggg time around here. The most I ever had was 12.

Lucky... I feel sorry for you with the stress from your dad. I am glad he was doing better after the transfusion. I remember how TOTALLY stressed I got for a while when my parents were so bad for sooooo long. My prayers are with you.

Not many here tonight. I guess I will go for now.
I am a happy camper... my daughter came home for the weekend and I just LOVE IT when she comes home. We are more like best friends now.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:12 AM   #20  
Falling, but fighting...

Cathy: any amount of weight lost will make a difference. When I started, I needed to lose almost 200 pounds to be "normal". While I don't want to be 130 pounds, I want to be healthier. I am now down 76.5 pounds and look and feel much better. I still have a long way to go, but I know that I am on the right road. I would like to lose at least another 70 plus pounds, which would put me at just under 200 pounds, for the first time in over 20 years. I would like to see that loss in the next 2 or 3 years. Why so long? Well, I am a very inconsistent loser. Mostly because motivation isn't always my best trait. I know however, that by taking it slow, I have a better chance of keeping it off. It has taken me over 2 years to lose the 76.5 pounds, but I know that I will do my darndest to not put it back on EVER! Stay aboard with us and we all will lose together. WELCOME.

Ok, so I can't sleep. I have been up since 2am and my mind is thinking about the budget. I want to sleep.....

Banked about 4 points yesterday. Should have been more, but I had the munchies.

My exercise lately has been limited to 2 days a week. I am really disgusted as to how much less exercise I am doing. I am vowing right now, that after tomorrow, I will exercise at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes or more. See what happens when you move your exercise bike out of the living room and into the basement!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:26 AM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here just don't have time to post gotta run
Old 12-06-2002, 08:21 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! It's going to be another 'fun' day. I'm taking my mother to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts). It's a 'job', but I thought it would be fun to hang out together. We haven't done that in a long time.

I'm caught up with all of my paperwork to date. That is always a plus. I have a 'showgirl' job to do today AND tomorrow, but the paperwork hasn't come in for today's yet, so I don't know what they want from me. Pain in the butt when you have incompetent companies to work for.

There is a memorial mass this morning for my uncle who passed away a few years ago. Today would have been his birthday. My mom and I and my three cousin's (his kids) are going and then going to go out to breakfast afterwards. It's always good to see them. I really do hate going into THAT church however, because I'm usually only there for funerals (my aunt, my uncle and my dad) or for memorial masses. Kind of depressing. I always end up in tears. Oh well, that's life..............and death..........I suppose.

Here is installment #6 from the Family Circle article:
Do the food shopping. When you're staying with friends or family, there's one sure way to guarantee that your hosts will have your favorite high-fiber cereal, seltzer and the fresh fruits and vegetables you like to snack on: Offer to pick up some groceries.

Well girls, I guess I better get out of here. Mass is at 9:00 and it's almost 8:15. I hope you all have a really good day. Sorry I haven't had time for individual posts in awhile. I'm finding it harder and harder to get in here. But I want to make a commitment to at least check in here once a day. Love to all.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:32 AM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys! Just hopping on here real quick this morning. Don't have a lot to say......just wanting to report in. Since Monday, I have done my WATP videos twice this week and I have been really good about drinking my water. I have also stayed within my points every day, so I am feeling pretty good!

Our town is having their yearly Christmas Parade this Saturday night and I am so excited! This is the second year that we have been involved in it in some form. Last year, we drove our car through it. Dh has a 1969 Impala in showcar condition (he's won several trophies with it) and we drove it through last year all decorated up and this year, I was looking forward to being one of the bystanders this year and watching the parade go by......BUT, since Trey was on the All Star Football Team this year, they are being sponsored by M & M Mars and they are going through the parade this year........so I still haven't decided if I will walk the two and a half mile trek with them, or stand on the sidelines with the videotape rolling...... Decisions......decisions. I think the thing that really excited me is that if I want to walk with them, I CAN. Last year, WALKING through the Parade would not have even been a consideration, because I wouldn't have even made it half a mile without my back killing me and I would have probably passed out! Makes me feel good to know that if I want to go, I can!

I've also got another little project planned this weekend. Since my granny and papaw are getting up in years, they can't go out and look at Christmas lights anymore. And they LOVE to go Christmas light looking........my papaw has been really sick lately and has even passed out a couple of times in the last few weeks, so it's not a very good idea to have him out. So, we are making a video tape for them! I'm gonna start out with me (on tape.....yes, I can do this) giving like a little opening presentation, saying something to the affect of, "Granny, we know how much you like to go out and see the Christmas lights and since you can't go out and see them.....then we are bringing them to you." And then we're going to go to some of the houses here in town that go all out for Christmas and then there are some other places where the whole subdivision (every single house) lights up for Christmas and we're gonna tape that for them too. And then each of the boys will give a personal little message and dh too. I think they will really enjoy it and it will enable me to bring a little bit of something into their lives that they miss. I love them so much.

Well gals, I'm out of here for now. Here's a {{{{hug}}}} for all of you and I will see you later. I only have to work till 1:30 today. Woooo Hoooo!

P.S. Cathy, once again, I do want to give you a really hearty welcome. You don't know it yet, or maybe you do....... but you have stumbled onto a group of amazing women and I can honestly say I love them all. I don't know what I would do without them. They are a Godsend.
We can do this.....together. There is not only safety in numbers, but there is STRENGTH.

My co-worker just offered me a chocolate chip cookie. I told her no. Not once.....not twice, but THREE times before she shut up. Why can't people get a clue? I should go over there and poke her with a pencil.........all 130 pound of her.

Last edited by QueenB; 12-06-2002 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:17 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies, I'm still around. I've been drinking my water and exercising, although not as much as I should. Food has been pretty good. We got about 7 inches of snow yesterday, which is more than we got all winter last year! I love the snow. Played outside with the kids yesterday. They loved it. Sara-here's a belated congrats to you. 101 pounds. You go Girl! At the rate you're going, you just may make your goal by New Years. I still need to by my cards, but I'll probably do that tonight and send them out sometime next week. Can't wait to start getting them cards in the mail. Mine probably won't have a picture because we aren't getting family portraits done until next weekend. My daughter had a scratch on her face that I wanted to heal before spending money on pictures. My son also needs a haircut as do I and we need to find something for my hubby to wear. Oh well! Weigh in is on Monday so I hope to report a loss of some kind.
Steph
Old 12-06-2002, 01:06 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies,

I've got a few minutes on my break so I thought I'd stop in.

It's a beautiful day here too. We are seeing the SUN for the 1st time in about a week and I think the temp is in the upper 20's. I've been pretty good except for my water. I've got a Xmas party to go to tonight at a really nice restaurant (sp?). I'm planning ahead and no matter what I get I'm going to box 1/2 of the main course before I put a forkfull in my mouth. That's the only way I can control portion size when I eat out. If I just split the food on my plate, or even worse, plan on stopping when I "think I've eaten 1/2, I'll get myself into BIG TROUBLE! The portion size is always right there tempting me. I've got to watch out for him all the time.

BAYLEE: Still exercising each day. WoW you're motivating!

SUSIE: 3/4 of 100 lbs. gone. I was almost there this time last year then a plateau "got me" and I started playing around with my points and poof I gained almost 40 of it back. Now I've still got about 30 left to relose but "it happens" and I'm back on the right track now.

THIN: I love your "Installments". They help a whole lot!

CATHY: WELCOME to a wonderful bunch of motivated ladies. Glad you joined us.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: Hello, Hello Iv'e got to get back to work or I'd respond to you all. But, remember I'm thinking of you all every day!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:39 PM   #26  

daughter won't let me post... got to go shopping. :P
Old 12-06-2002, 04:15 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

What a week! I tried to post a few times and would get booted offline by some "internal error", not sure what THAT was all about...the rest of the time was just plain BUSY! Not to mention the lovely snowstorm we got yesterday! So cool! I love being outside in it...don't even mind shoveling, but that's 'cause we don't usually get that much snow too often...I'd ask for a snow blower, but then we'd never see another flake! About 6 years ago, we had a HORRIFIC winter...incredible amounts of snow, so we bought a good sturdy 4 wheel drive vehicle...and haven't had a whole heck of a lot of snow since! (Til yesterday!)

Baylee, thanks for your concern! I'm Okay! Big hugs to you! Sounds like you are doing well...I had a very lackadaisical week, but I'm going to blame PMS...(hey, gotta blame SOMETHING!) Now that I got my period, I'm back on track. schedule...

Lucky... I hope your dad is doing better. How are YOU doing? I am SO proud of you and your exercising!

Wait a minute, speaking of proud... WAY TO GO, SARA! You must be on cloud nine!! what an accomplishment...I am in awe.

Tina... what a thoughtful, sweet gift for your grandparents! I know they will treasure it and YOU always! Have fun at the parade...

Oh geez...here we go again...son is tracking snow through the house as if I HAVEN"T been screaming about that for the last 24 hours! I'll be back...
Old 12-06-2002, 07:52 PM   #28  
Falling, but fighting...

Just popped in to let you all know that "I finished the budget". Ya Hoo.

Now it is time to get a good nights sleep.

Weigh in tomorrow and TOM is still here. I don't know what is going to happen, but I banked 16 points today.

I hope it is enough for a loss.

Wish me luck.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:25 PM   #29  

Exclamation STOP! DO NOT POST HERE!

Come and join us at 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#249!
Closed Thread