Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/130

Height: 5'3"

Red face 2 Month Hiatus

Hey Everyone,

I just got back to the 3FCDsite after being gone for two months.
I've been so busy with work, travel, and the holidays that I haven't logged on. (Bad excuses I know.) And during my absence, I've been yo-yo-ing within a 15lb range.
I found this site really gave me support because I haven't been this heavy in several months. So I'd like to ask for any suggestions or advice to get me going again.
I'm up to trying anything: motivational, exercise, diet, ect...

Thanks
KattoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

welcome back. just stick to plan and that weight should melt off a lot faster then it did first time. i suspect a lot of it is water weight unless you've been binge eating like crazy. In order to gain 15lbs in two months you needed to be eating around 900 extra calories a day.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

think about what makes you want to change. write down those feelings. maybe even write a letter to yourself, then when you want to overeat, skip a workout etc. read that letter to yourself.

remember, we never regret a workout!

you! are better than this!

also, one of my fav. weight-loss bloggers wrote a 101 list. 101 things she wants to accomplish in 101 days. it could be just a few things. the point is to dream big! get out of our comfort zone to have great life experiences. examples: fit into an air plane seat, try jet skiing, take a spinning class, walk/run a 5k, swim a mile, wear a bathingsuit without shame....some of these are trying new things, improving fitness, many have to do with overcoming social situations.

and don't forget the power of music to get you going
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hey Katto,

I've been yo-yo-ing and binging too. If I recall you were having some serious trouble back there...I'd suggest being kind and lenient with yourself. Instead of going into a new day thinking "I'm ONLY going to eat 1200 calories and absolutely NO XxxXxX food!" and constantly disappointing yourself or overrestricting etc, it might be good to relax about the whole thing. You're not at risk of death from obesity or anything, it's okay to take your time and be a bit マイペース as long as you can do it the healthy way. Add in exercise and healthy habits gradually.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies.

I've decided to do a detox today and then get myself back on the healthy and relatively low-cal plan, with plenty of exercise. Nothing strenuous or boring to where I'd quit.
I've already started to keep a diary. Not just on food, but on exercise as well. And I think I'll even write up that 101 day idea. Thanks Katy Trail.
:hugs:
KattoS is offline   Reply With Quote