Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'7

Smile Mistakes I make

Ok, so I have finally found out what has thwarted my weight loss before!

1. Trying to eat way too little- like if I ate too much the day before I'd try to make up for it by eating less the day after. This did not work, because I always binged that night.
2. Binging- I am a binge eater, and I'm working on that.
3. Fad diets- I was always one to try the fad diets, this also led to me binging later on.
4. Starting to exercise too much- When I exercised I would go hardcore the first day which made me not like it and eventually resent exercise.
5. Messing up- Every time I messed up I would always just binge eat, because I would wonder what the point was since I already messed up.
6. Getting to excited- Whenever there was company over I would eat a lot.
7. Restricting myself too much- whenever I was trying to eat healthier I would always make sure that I never ate anything that was 'fattening'.
8. Weighing myself- Whenever I lost a few pounds or gained a few pounds I would eat to celebrate/ accept defeat. I will now only weigh myself twice a month.
9. Not planning ahead- Planning ahead is golden! Sticking to a schedule will help lots!

Ok so I'm going to try to work on all of these since I signed up for the 90 day challenge yesterday! Good luck everyone! Two weeks from now I'll tell you how much weight I lost, and I'll update frequently on how well its going.
Chaselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

It's good that you have identified your "mistakes". For me, if I eat a few too many cookies then I'm like "screw it" and then I am off track the rest of the day.
I'm an all or nothing kind of dieter. I, too, am working on it.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #3  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

I can definitely identify with some of those.
I "tried" to lose weight many times before but never researched/planned and did it the right way so I never succeeded.
I finally got into a weird rut where I thought "I'm always going to be fat, I might as well be happy and enjoy myself" Such self destructive behavior.
I love my new healthy life
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

I can relate with a lot of the points you listed there. It's great that you're aware where you've made your mistakes in the past. I also agree that planning ahead is golden. Good luck with your 90-day challenge!
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggzz View Post
It's good that you have identified your "mistakes". For me, if I eat a few too many cookies then I'm like "screw it" and then I am off track the rest of the day.
I'm an all or nothing kind of dieter. I, too, am working on it.
I know same here! Ugh we really need to get a hold of this, but admitting is the first step
Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie90 View Post
I can definitely identify with some of those.
I "tried" to lose weight many times before but never researched/planned and did it the right way so I never succeeded.
I finally got into a weird rut where I thought "I'm always going to be fat, I might as well be happy and enjoy myself" Such self destructive behavior.
I love my new healthy life
I am very happy for you! I am really happy that you have a new lifestyle, and more than that I am happy that you love it
Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne78 View Post
I can relate with a lot of the points you listed there. It's great that you're aware where you've made your mistakes in the past. I also agree that planning ahead is golden. Good luck with your 90-day challenge!
Thank you!! I think what I struggle with is something many people do too. I'm making a list of the foods that I plan to eat this week so that I am prepared! Thanks for the luck! Good luck to you too my friend