3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Mistakes I make (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/224862-mistakes-i-make.html)

Chaselove 02-05-2011 07:47 AM

Mistakes I make

Ok, so I have finally found out what has thwarted my weight loss before!

1. Trying to eat way too little- like if I ate too much the day before I'd try to make up for it by eating less the day after. This did not work, because I always binged that night.
2. Binging- I am a binge eater, and I'm working on that.
3. Fad diets- I was always one to try the fad diets, this also led to me binging later on.
4. Starting to exercise too much- When I exercised I would go hardcore the first day which made me not like it and eventually resent exercise.
5. Messing up- Every time I messed up I would always just binge eat, because I would wonder what the point was since I already messed up.
6. Getting to excited- Whenever there was company over I would eat a lot.
7. Restricting myself too much- whenever I was trying to eat healthier I would always make sure that I never ate anything that was 'fattening'.
8. Weighing myself- Whenever I lost a few pounds or gained a few pounds I would eat to celebrate/ accept defeat. I will now only weigh myself twice a month.
9. Not planning ahead- Planning ahead is golden! Sticking to a schedule will help lots!

Ok so I'm going to try to work on all of these since I signed up for the 90 day challenge yesterday! Good luck everyone! Two weeks from now I'll tell you how much weight I lost, and I'll update frequently on how well its going. :D:D:D:carrot:

saggzz 02-05-2011 08:07 AM

It's good that you have identified your "mistakes". For me, if I eat a few too many cookies then I'm like "screw it" and then I am off track the rest of the day.
I'm an all or nothing kind of dieter. I, too, am working on it.

KellyMarie90 02-05-2011 08:46 AM

I can definitely identify with some of those.
I "tried" to lose weight many times before but never researched/planned and did it the right way so I never succeeded.
I finally got into a weird rut where I thought "I'm always going to be fat, I might as well be happy and enjoy myself" Such self destructive behavior.
I love my new healthy life :)

marianne78 02-05-2011 01:16 PM

I can relate with a lot of the points you listed there. It's great that you're aware where you've made your mistakes in the past. I also agree that planning ahead is golden. Good luck with your 90-day challenge! :)

Chaselove 02-05-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saggzz (Post 3695751)
It's good that you have identified your "mistakes". For me, if I eat a few too many cookies then I'm like "screw it" and then I am off track the rest of the day.
I'm an all or nothing kind of dieter. I, too, am working on it.

I know same here! Ugh we really need to get a hold of this, but admitting is the first step ;)

Chaselove 02-05-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyMarie90 (Post 3695793)
I can definitely identify with some of those.
I "tried" to lose weight many times before but never researched/planned and did it the right way so I never succeeded.
I finally got into a weird rut where I thought "I'm always going to be fat, I might as well be happy and enjoy myself" Such self destructive behavior.
I love my new healthy life :)

I am very happy for you! I am really happy that you have a new lifestyle, and more than that I am happy that you love it :D

Chaselove 02-05-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marianne78 (Post 3696178)
I can relate with a lot of the points you listed there. It's great that you're aware where you've made your mistakes in the past. I also agree that planning ahead is golden. Good luck with your 90-day challenge! :)

Thank you!! I think what I struggle with is something many people do too. I'm making a list of the foods that I plan to eat this week so that I am prepared! Thanks for the luck! Good luck to you too my friend :)