Well ive started my weight loss adventure back in November (week of thanksgiving) and since then ive become obsessed with fitness and nutrition. I'm by NO MEANS an expert but i spend a lot of time researching and coming here to learn new stuff. Well i work at the public library which is a city agency. Every year they have a Get Fit challenge from January-April. Each department forms a team and they do things together to get fit and healthy. I had no idea about this program since ive only been working there 6 months lol.
The secretary told me one day that "Hey Danielle, since u like working out so much, im volunteering you as team captain for Human Services!" I just laughed it off and thought she was joking. hahaha I was wrong lol. Yesterday I got an email from her saying that I had a meeting TODAY with the Director of Human Services to discuss my ideas! I am CRAZY nervous lol.
This is really going to be a challenge for me because im not really a take charge type of person. What if they hate my ideas? Im probably the youngest employee in the Human Services department. I need some help guys! Here are my list of things that we could do. Please give feedback and feel free to suggest more ideas! Thanks
1. Walk at Lunch Day: Staff will walk around surrounding neighborhoods. That will give us opportunity to get the library out there.
2. Im going to talk to my zumba instructor to see if she could do a zumba class in our auditorium for staff and team members
3. Find a nutritionist to come lecture about healthy food choices (I really need this! lol)
4. Participate in a local 5k
5. I want to do something like a recipe swap. We could meet at one of the member's houses and have everyone bring healthy dishes