Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Default My personal food goal for this month is . .

truly pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth. Experience every part of it.

That may sound silly, but I've always been the one in the family that eats the fastest. The reasons for that are varied: first coming from a yo-yo diet background I have developed the mentality that I want to hurry and eat before I start feeling guilty and also, I've had stomach issues in the past (because of eating disorders) and I got used to food hurting me (upset stomach), so I would hurry up and enjoy it before it started to hurt.

Because of this, I have sort of lost the ability to really enjoy what I eat. The taste. The texture. The simple pleasure of just eating a meal.

This month, I'm going to focus on enjoy and experiencing what I eat. The crunch of an apple. The warm comfort of sipping some soup. The smell of cinnamon toast right before I bite into it.

I want the fun of food back!!

What about ya'll??? Anyone have any goals for themselves this month that will help you refashion your lifestyle and make this change permanent??
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My food goal is to be able to relax around it! I shouldn't feel every muscle in my body tighten with anxiety because someone is giving out sweets in the office and they might come to my desk. I should be able to sit at a table with communal plates without constantly taking bites or overanalyzing when I am going to take my next bite. And I really want to get rid of the mentality that once a container is open, I have to finish all of it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Krampus, I have similar feelings about food. When food is laid out, I have anxiety about getting up and taking some. The most recent example I can think of is when I was in high school last year and teachers would bring in food. I would feel embarrassed to take any in case people noticed the "fat girl" getting food, even though everyone else took some and it would have been more noticeable if I didn't take any. I vaguely remember eating it in a strange way too...one little piece at a time instead of shoveling it in like I would have at home. I don't know who I was trying to fool, I didn't get to be 280 pounds by slowly eating a small handful of trail mix.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-04-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

That is too funny Linsy - I have done the same thing, as if I was foolin anyone! I'm all for admitting it these days, I love my food! I do love my food more slowly though, that way I get to love it longer, lol.

My food goal is to cook more. It was actually one of my New Year's resolutions. I did really well last month, we only had dinner out once. My goal for February is to do the same. I'm gonna let hubby have the Valentine's dinner out thing if he wants it, but otherwise, all dinners at home!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #5  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

My food goal this month is to stick to the healthy plan I have chosen, no matter what the scale says. I am really trying to get the message through to my emotions that this is about changing my lifestyle and sticking to it.
My goal is to eat slower every meal and realise when I am satisfied and then stop eating no matter what is left on the plate.
Oh and to stop picking when preparing meals (especially dinner)<---this is so annoying as it does add up!
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote