Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #16  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I am not sure of your age - On the daily plate I entered 30 (just a guess ), with you 6 Ft and current weight 210, losing 2 lbs a week with a sedentary life style, they have you at 1600 calories perday.

Your age and how much you exercise will affect this. But reading what you ate today you were maybe at 700 calories, prior to the candy bar and soda.

you HAVE to eat more calories!!!! I would suggest like PP tracking your food. Try and stay around 1600 calories. Start adding some exercise, even just walking.

Yes fiber is good. Veggies are good, less sugar and fewer carbs can be good. Protein will keep you full longer, water is important, but you HAVE to have calories in order for your body to not protest.

Remember you did not gain weight overnight, it will take one day at a time. One meal at a time. Keep your head up, listen to your body.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

hope this helps a bit,
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Be careful with the peanut butter - there's enough sugar in there to ignite the deadly flames of sugar cravings for some people!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #18  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomachick26 View Post
Why is it that when i start eating healthy, im always still hungry?? I want chocolate and fast food and yummy stuff.....and all im eating is healthy stuff and its hard! I got upset a little bit ago and i ate a candy bar and drank a dr. Pepper and now ill feel "guilty" all night. I want to be thinner but i miss my fatty foods! please help
Read what you just typed. You're still "hungry"...but you WANT fast food. That's not hunger--it's appetite and habit. I want chocolate cake, ice cream, and I'd love to have a glass of wine right now. This time tomorrow, I'll be glad I didn't have it.

It takes about 3 weeks, sometimes a little longer, to get the cravings under control. All you can do until then is hold on by the tips of your fingernails and decide if you'd *really* rather have whatever you're craving or lose weight. If you're actually hungry, find something protein-filled or super high in fiber.

Last edited by AZ Sunrises; 02-02-2011 at 03:17 AM.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #19  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I would be absolutely starving if I tried to eat what you listed as your sample menu. Like I would eat the shingles off my roof at the end of the day! Protein and veggies!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

Smile

ready4skinny, thank you for looking that stuff up for me. And you were sorta close to my age.....ill be 26 on valentines day! So a little ways to go before 30 lol but thanks that helps me out a lot! And thank all of you guys for the advice! I see now that i am eating way to little and i will start counting my cals today....
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #21  

Height: 5'3"

I made Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken using free range chicken, low-sodium ham, and part-skim mozzarella for lunch today. So good! I used panko crumbs, which made it a little crunchy, too.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ha...n_breasts.html

Per serving: 236 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 1 g fiber; 287 mg sodium; 347 mg potassium.

Last edited by rachinma; 02-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #22  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

This is relevant to my interests....I was doing a lot of fiber before and am now having trouble with excess gnawing.

Hrmm. I think I'm gonna go get some supplements and more water bottles today.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
This is relevant to my interests....I was doing a lot of fiber before and am now having trouble with excess gnawing.

Hrmm. I think I'm gonna go get some supplements and more water bottles today.
does fiber make you crave more food? If thats the case i better lay off the fiber. Lol
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

I have 3 things a day that quench my sweet tooth. Greek Chobani yogurt it is one of my favorite meals a day and low cal and low fat. Cottage cheese and strawberries. Now it you don't like cottage cheese, I was VERY reluctant to try this also and I can tell you I have fallen in love and eat it EVERY night while I'm in bed watching a TV show. It has not slown my weight loss it's actually one of the best things you can eat before you go to bed if you are going to eat. But the secret is in the preparation. If you don't like the "chunks" blend it then I add a packet of splenda, cut up about 3-4 strawberries and it's a sweet treat! Very often I also add a tablespoon of Smuckers Natural chunky peanut butter and I swear it's like heaven in my mouth.

I drink protein shakes also, usually 1 or 2 a day and I feel like I'm having a milk shake especially when I use the almond milk that has 40 cals.

Breakfast is my favorite time of day I eat just about the same thing just about EVERY SINGLE DAY. I blog about it all. If you want to check out my daily meals they're all posted there

I've recently found couscous and quinoa and I don't even WANT rice because I will choose couscous and quinoa EVERY single time over rice. I just tweaked my meals and have added cabbage and kale to my diet a lot more. I also make sure I have a meatless side salad at lunch because again, that's also low cal.

I have a free day but I also look forward to every meal because it's sooooooo good. Last night I had shrimp, coconut flavored quinoa, and kale. I was thinking about it allll day and it didn't disappoint!

Good luck and get out there and EAT some good stuff!!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

oklahomachick,

There is some very good advice above for you concerning the number of calories you're eating and how to feel more full by eating proportionally more fiber and meat.

I increased my fiber intake recently and was very pleasantly surprised to observe how full it kept me. Some of the high-fiber foods I've been eating recently are black beans (in a salad or chili), split peas (in a soup), low-carb/high-fiber tortillas (to make a quesadilla), whole-wheat pasta, plain oatmeal with nut butter, and walnuts.

I also agree that there are food that are both healthy and tasty. I have been eating low-sugar recently so I have just switched over to enjoying high-fat foods (like nuts, salmon, and cheese). I'm not saying you have to eat foods high in fat like I do but any sustainable diet will allow you room to enjoy yourself!

Best of luck with your research into how you want to eat now.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #26  

suenos- thank you for the wonderful food ideas! They sound very tasty! i will have to try them out. And ERHR thanks for your advice! Thanks to everyone wo gave me so many ideas!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

I am going to take a little bit different approach on this....If chocolate and fast food are what you are craving, why not find a way to fit this in guilt-free? I find that tracking calories helps me to have these food without feeling guilty because they can fit into my plan. I buy one of the large good quality chocolate bars and it lasts me the week. I enjoy two steak tacos fresco tacos from Taco Bell once in awhile. Two slices of pizza can fit into your day. Whatever it is that you really love to eat, find a way to either modify it or fit a small amount into your plan a couple days a week. That is what keeps me on plan. No deprivation.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote