Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! Please stay safe in the Winter storm.

Sum Hi and Welcome! Great job of planning your foods ahead of time with the pending storm. You will not be caught off guard and end up eating junk!

Pint Great job on the .2. I'm glad to hear all is well with your friend. She is already home? That's amazing!

Krampus I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Belly Ha Ha on the kids being your prisoners.

Diana(LA) How did your WW meeting go? How are you feeling, now? I hope the dizziness has subsided.

Larry Great job on the walking! It's easier now to eat out since the nutritional information is available online. Congrats on a job well done.

Vixsin It seems that I don't have the confidence in myself yet. I will work on that. Great job staying on plan.

LLBoldAsLove Hi

BerryBlondBoys I hope everything is OK with your little one.

MsJuicyD There ya go! That's the way to get motivated! Great job on doing the Leslie workout. Did you make it to the gym, too?

Eurydice It sounds like you have had enough of the cafeteria food. What are your other options? Do they have salads and healthier alternatives at the cafeteria that you can get?

Lady Hi You can get it back! Hang in there!

Novelista Congrats on the new scale!

Stacy Great job on getting that workout in!

Cincimini Hi

Debbie Hang in there. There are constant changes and improvements in medicine. Things are different even from 6 months ago. I will say a Prayer for you and your DH. Take care. Update us when you can.

Lindsey Congrats on the 5 pounds in January!

Helen Hi and Welcome! Maybe you can do your own plan. Something between what you are doing now and Zone/South Beach. See how that works. It doesn't have to be all one or the other. Make the plan work for you.

Shells Hi Did you do the Leslie workout?

Jomatho Congrats on the 20 pounds!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
6 ounce sirloin 400 calories
2 Orders steamed veggies 200 calories
peanuts 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ
Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #48  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Food is within 1800 calories (all I'm really concerned about at the moment, since I'm still figuring some things out and trying to determine how much I actually need with the amount of exercise I'm doing).

Need some more protein though... will see if there's anything downstairs...

Also... first time doing Zumba tonight!! It was so much fun.... but HARD.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #49  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Oh my! Today was definitely an off day!! I knew soon after breakfast that it was going to be "one of those days" because the usual breakfast didn't fill me up at all. Usually I can barely finish it. I didn't snack off plan or anything between breakfast and lunch. After lunch, things just kinda went off plan. Not as bad as some days, and not NEARLY as bad as my "off days" were before, but it was definitely a struggle.

B: Raw Oats oatmeal, 2 egg whites, 1 cup fresh blueberries

L: 1 Spicy Chili sushi roll

S: 1/2 Peanut butter sandwich on 100% Nature's Own Whole Wheat

Lunch was a struggle. I wanted more more more. My stomach was growling not even an hour after eating, even though I KNOW I should've been satiated. So after 2 1/2 hours of wanting to eat eat eat, I allowed myself 1/2 a sandwich. I gave my daughter the other half, then we painted nails. I was STILL wanting to eat. I knew by then that there was no way I was *really* hungry, so I ignored it. Then dinner happened...

I had to get an in-state driver's license to purchase a handgun (which I've been planning/trying to do for 2 years now) and to have when I apply to the police department. (Which is the main reason I'm getting a gun now, so I can have it to practice with and carry.) We drove all the way there in heavy traffic, only to have some (I'm really trying to be nice) #%@!#%% at the desk give me ****. First she complained that I showed up 15 minutes before they closed, but when I asked her exactly how long the test takes, she completely disregarded THAT and complained that I needed my insurance card. I said I could run and get it very quickly, she disregarded THAT and asked if I had $32 EXACTLY IN CASH. I said, uh, no, I don't. She said they don't accept credit/debit cards or checks, so I'd need the cash. She then smiled rather smugly to herself as I smiled sweetly and said I'd just come back tomorrow. I was seeeeeeeeeething inside. So anyway, having that blown to bits, hubby, kids and I decided to get something for dinner out. He offered some places that I KNEW I would struggle in, so I suggested a new place that I thought would have at least something healthy. As soon as I walked in, the smells drove me to want anything and everything fried and covered in mayo. Even though I really wanted the deep-fried spicy breaded shrimp tossed in a spicy mayo sauce and wrapped in a flour tortilla that ALSO came with fries and extra dipping sauce, I ended up getting a smoked beef sandwich with au jus, but I did get fries. Their order wasn't overly large, maybe a cup and a half of fries, and I let my daughter share. I inHALED all my food, then wanted dessert. However, my husband very politely said, "Since we've eaten a big meal, maybe we should just head to the bookstore now." So we left. I've been fighting binging/cravings all day, and I still am fighting them. When I got home I drank 34 ounces of water, allowed myself a 70 calorie orange sherbet and a banana. I picked up a book about knitting. Gotta keep my hands busy!!

I reaaaaally hope tomorrow is better and I'm more in control!!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 02-01-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Deb I'm really sorry about your husband. Stay strong. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing. Since it's slow-growing, does that mean it's less aggressive as well? Hopefully it's something that can be cleared up soon. My prayers are with you and your family!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I do 100% of the cooking in our house and have been really trying many low cal and diabetic recipes (my wife is diabetic). Some recipes are "Keepers" as my wife calls them and some will not be tried again in our house.

I just bought a George Foreman grill. Will try it today with skinless and boneless chicken breast marinated in 15 cal per tsp Italian dressing.
I bought this because of the claims about reducing fat while grilling.

Any experience out there with these grills??

1295 Calories today

Larry,
-------------
You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Author Unknown
Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #52  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am starting to have signs and symptoms of TTOM. I went to bed cold, woke up hot and I woke up earlier than the alarm clock. So, I know what that means. I will stay on plan, but expect a slight gain from water weight. It is what it is. Time to get psyched up for it.

Weight: 160.8 (no change)

Yesterday I went to pick up some shirts that I ordered from JC Penney. To get to the pick up area, you have to go through the lingerie area. I saw something that I thought was really pretty and wanted to try on. Remember, I'm the person that doesn't like anything. It's a chemise. I hate all lingerie like that because it doesn't fit me right. I don't like molded cups, they don't feel right. I don't like the nondescript triangle cups, they don't fit me right. This chemise is perfect for me. The material is stretchy and the top fits perfect while making the most of my "small assets". The bottom area is A-line. It really looks nice on me. The upper back is black lace. It was also on sale! Here's a picture of it. (Hmm, the link isn't clickable, so you will have to copy and paste. http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1977d2a&DeptID=70659&Cat ID=71377&SO=0&SelDim=4~&x5view=1&Ne=4+29+3+11+1031 +586+966+18+904+949+833&shopperType=G&N=4294953589 +4294966918&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70659|71377

Now, for the "feel good" shopping moment. When I was checking out I told the SA that I couldn't believe I found something that fits so well because I am weird shaped. She looked at me puzzled. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? She said 'You're not weird shaped. Your shape is perfect'. HUH? Me? I know she was just saying that, but for some reason, yesterday, it really felt good to hear that. I whispered that I have lost over 130 pounds and then her jaw dropped. She said that you would never know by looking at me that I had lost weight, let alone that much weight.
It's obvious under my clothes, but we won't worry about that, will we? I try not to run around nekkid too often.

Hmm, I need to shop at JC Penney more often. I am starting to feel good about this shopping business!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-02-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post

I just bought a George Foreman grill. Will try it today with skinless and boneless chicken breast marinated in 15 cal per tsp Italian dressing.
I bought this because of the claims about reducing fat while grilling.

Any experience out there with these grills??
Larry I have one, but because of our busy schedule I don't use it often (we eat out a lot). I think it also comes with a recipe book. Any of your regular grill recipes can be modified down to work with the grill. In my personal opinion, the big thing is to make sure you don't overcook your food. It cooks from the top and bottom. Small pieces of meat can cook really quickly and end up dry. You will have to experiment with it on cooking times. I would try a couple of the George Foreman recipes at first. They have been tested and you know they will work. From there you can experiment. I have a regular grill pan that I use more often. I LOVE grilled zucchini and squash. Well, now that I mention it, I pretty much like a lot of grilled veggies. I need to grill some this weekend. Look what you have started now! I am going to be thinking about grilled veggies. At least it's healthy, right? Have fun with with your new grill!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #54  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jo Indeed....Very nice!! -- This website keeps me from eating, I log in when ever I really want to eat...so having active thread will help so much!!

I have to forgo all personals until I get to know you all.

I woke up sick. No exercise for me, and my food intake will be crazy. Somehow I just eat and eat when I am sick. I will try though!!

We have atleast foot of new snow . My driveway has huge drifts, maybe 4 feet high. Luckily husband is home and he can tackle that one

Everyone have a fab day!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #55  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Woke up... 219.0 according to my scale. And that's after a couple swigs of water (the bottle was there... I was thirsty... ). I was 219.5 the past couple days, and before that 220.0.. Me happy. And SORE... so much exercise...
Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #56  

Diana, congratulations on all your success it has been awhile since I have been on the forum. WOW what dedication!!

I have been absent for quite awhile. I had a little success back in the fall(lost 10 lbs) but when the holiday's came round all my good intentions went by the wayside. My day passed away just before Christmas and even though it has been quite awhile seen I lost him I guess you never quit missing them especially around certain times but I am glad I am back. I am not dieting perfectly my effort pales in comparison to yours but it is a start. Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Bonnie Hi I remember you. Welcome back! It's good to see you again. I'm sorry to hear about you losing your Dad. It's always hard to lose a family member, but at the holidays is even harder. I lost my Dad 3 1/2 years ago. It's still hard, but time makes it easier to think about the good times and to appreciate the time you spent together. Give yourself some time, don't push it. You will get there.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-02-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I was up a pound this morning. POOH!

The electricity is out in our whole city. I guess we will just hunker down in bed for the day! Hope we can get the gas fireplace lit. Guess I am not working out either. Not sure how I will eat... don't want to open the fridge and spoil everything!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
The electricity is out in our whole city. I guess we will just hunker down in bed for the day! Hope we can get the gas fireplace lit.
Stacy That's not good! Try to stay safe and warm.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Helen – It sounds like you have a great plan in place, and I’m sure you will do great in February and beyond! I have heard that Atkins is very restrictive, so like you mentioned, maybe South Beach would be a better option. Best of luck to you! I think you will really like this thread!

Shells – Darn DHs stealing our computers! Mine is always doing that – right when I want to post on 3FC!

Jomatho – Congrats on 20 pounds!!! That’s excellent!! You’ll be in Onderland in NO time!

Diana – Thanks! Hopefully there will be at least 5 pounds in February! That chemise is LOVELY! I love the lace detail on the back! I want one now. So pretty! That is such a nice comment to hear!!!! I think sometimes we don’t give ourselves enough credit for how good we are looking, and until someone says it you don’t feel “pretty” or “perfect.” Then once you hear a comment like that, you think “I’m lookin’ goooood today!” I think it’s certainly a confidence booster!! Maybe I should go to JPC…

Serbrider – I really like this calculator for figuring out how many calories I should be eating. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Zumba sounds fun! I’m not coordinated enough for it… Congrats on 219!!

Pint – I’m sorry to hear about your day yesterday. I think going out to eat is so hard, all this delicious food that you know you “shouldn’t” have but.it.looks.so.damn.good…and DH never helps because he gets something that is looking crazy good! Oye…hope today is better for you!

Larry – That is great you’re doing all this cooking! We pretty much cook 6 nights a week…sometimes 7. I have a GF grill. They are nice, although I feel they are hard to clean. (I wish the grill plates came off…but mine is a few years old). When I’m done cooking, that little tray is full of juices and fat! I think it does help! You did great yesterday, 1295!

Sum – Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear you’re sick! Get well soon!

Bonnie – I’m so sorry to hear about your father. I can’t imagine how you must feel. I agree with Diana…give yourself time. Here’s another hug!

Stacy - Awwww. Stay warm!!!

I'm back down to 148.8#. Woo hoo! I'm not sure what's up with me...but my appetite is not very good lately. Things just don't sound good. Weird. But, I'll keep on truckin' along. I finished A LOT of homework yesterday, just have to finish my 8-10 paper and this class is DONE...onto the next 5 weeker.

Here's my plan of attack for this lovely Wednesday...

B- strawberry oatmeal w/milk 350
S- banana 90
L- 1 1/2 - 6" cheese quesadillas w/RF sour cream & salsa 435
S- mixed fruit cup 70
D- 1 1/2 servings, French onion soup w/”crouton” & provolone 450
30 minute walk with the pups

Have a lovely day everyone!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-02-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Closed Thread