Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default I am now an "official" member of the YMCA.

So, mom and I went by the YMCA today, and set up our membership. I'm thinking of going tonight and work on my running. I waited too long to sign up for the Warrior Dash, but I am going to participate in a Houston SPCA 5k run hosted partly by Houston airport systems... So I need to work on my running.

Also, my aunt recommended to my mom that I go see a nutritionist. I think that maybe I should, but I'm also a bit scared of something like that... I mean, it's still weird that I am seeing a counselor for my clinical depression. Any thoughts?

I'm off to dye my hair now... Toodaloo!
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Congratulations, having a gym membership is always helpful when you're trying to exercise. If you can afford a nurtionist go for it, it certainly won't hurt anything. Hope your hair turns out nice!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Congratulations! I hope you have a blast with your membership.

I don't want to ask anything inappropriately forward, but how much did your membership cost? I'd love to join, but I looked online at our local Y and it looked like around 700 bucks a year. Did I look at the wrong figures? I thought the YMCA was a less expensive option, but when I saw that...eesh, way out of my reach.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #4  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

It's $60 a month. That's with a 25% discount. So... in short... a LOT of money. We're hoping to get the scholarship though... but... we don't know if we will.

I always thought it was a less expensive option... but... I was really surprised.

Looking forward to college and having it be a part of my tuition and fees... For a REALLY nice brand new gym.

Last edited by Serbrider; 01-30-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote