Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default Thoughts while I am having a Craving Attack

While I am having a bad craving and I want to pull over to McDonalds or go grab an icecream(yes I love it even in the wintertime) I have this thought while I am in pain "in order to lose weight I am going to lose 1 lb have to say no to my cravings a 100 more times it seems impossible!!!. So I might as well give in now" So basically during this time of agony I am thinking to myself "even if I don't give in right now, I still wont be successful because the next time I have one of these cravings it will be just as difficult and I will probably give n that time" so I am saying it is not worth it. But I realized something trying to lose weight this time around. I said no to a craving 3 days ago and I have not had a bad craving since! I am really happy that I have not had to deal with that again. Although I have given into a few minor cravings(had a cookie yesterday and an iced coffee today) But this wasnt as bad as the 600+ cals I would have used on my big craving
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Sounds like you had a Eureka moment. I'm so happy for you.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #3  
The cake is a lie

S/C/G: 268/237.2/150

Height: 5'5"

That is wonderful! Good for you
sperrin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #4  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
Sounds like you had a Eureka moment. I'm so happy for you.
Yes It was Thanks guys! I am glad I said "no" that one time and realized this. Another thing I used to do when I lost weight before was trick myself into thinking it was just one more day. Everyday I would tell myself just one more day of not eating what I want and exercising and I would trick myself into thinking that. I guess thats the saying "take it one day at a time"
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have a food addiction and even as I approach the home stretch, I still doubt myself and if I can even get there. The reason? Those urges to binge. I've gotten a lot better since cutting down drastically on carbs since I used to just binge mostly on carbs. How much can you really binge on chicken? Anyway, I'm so glad you have been sticking to it! Well done!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote