Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Pint - Awww I am sorry to hear you are having a rough evening. On a different note, thank you! I was kind of feeling hesitant to post my before pics...
Old 01-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Ugh. He brought home Pizza Rolls and other snack foods. Pizza Rolls are a MAJOR trigger food for me. Like, number 1 on my list of foods I can't have in the house. He knows this. Oh well. I can do this... Think of the long-term, not the short-term... I know I will regret eating even one in the morning when I wake up all swollen from the sodium... I can say no. I can say no.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #33  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

HI ladies - Had a pretty good day, though I need to go grocery shopping, so dinner was high sodium I'm sure. I found a ring of kielbasa in my freezer, made the last of the potato buds, and added some green beans. I am 45 calories shy of my goal, and pretty happy full wise, so not too bad. We had company over tonight before dinner, and the kielbasa was something I could put on the stove to cook and kinda let it go. Tomorrow is band practice, so it will probably be sandwiches, then maybe thursday I'll make the pollock into fish sticks and then go grocery shopping on friday.

On the plus side - our band has a gig this weekend, so I went looking for clothes, and most of the pants I tried on were too big. Plus I found this adorable cami, in size M, and I was sure it would be too small, (Aka not hold in the girls, AND make me look 4 months prego), but I tried it on anyway, and it fit! It looks pretty good! I need to remember to work on my posture, but thats been getting better and better with working out. I went to maurices, found the cami, a cute pair of fingerless gloves, and an adorable necklace that will look great with this crop military jacket I picked up last week. Plus, in the last week I have decided that two pairs of pants that I love will have to go to goodwill because they are starting to FALL DOWN! WOOOOO (That also means I get to buy new pants! I didn't find any today so I'll be heading out again on friday! WOOO)
Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Andejean... that is AWESOME! That must feel so amazing to go down a size!

I'm pretty sure that I will still be a size 4 even after I reach my goal, primarily because of my bubble butt, which should tone up but I think will stay a bubble. :-)

BUT I can't wait to feel comfortable in tight dresses and jeans! Right now I tend to wear almost exclusively dresses out, and the type that sinch at the waste and bell out. I'll be supremely happy when I can wear something form fitting on bottom and still feel confident!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #35  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey pretty ladies.. I hope you don't mind if I just jump right back in from here. There are about 10 pages I'd have to catch up on! This day hasn't slowed down for me, and I'm expecting my mother at any moment. She's going to be staying with me while my dad works out of town. They live about 1.5hrs. from me, and while he'll be a 9hr drive away.. he doesn't want her to be alone for the next 1 to 2 weeks... she doesn't drive. So better safe than sorry! Besides.. I'll enjoy having her around.

Lindsey, you have had quite the transformation! Way to go! You look great! And thank you, btw!

Hi Stacy!

Lauren, thanks!

Pint, thanks! I'm sending you loads of . Stand your ground girl!

Ande, wow.. tonnes of shopping! So much fun finding cool things in new sizes! It sounds like you're going to look Rockin' at your gig this weekend.

My Day:

Breakfast - Kashi cereal w/yogurt topped with tbsp. crushed walnuts (300 cals)
Lunch - Egg salad Crisp & sm. orange (400 cals)
Snack - Veggies w/Hummus (200 cals)
Dinner - Jamaican Jerk Chicken w/wild rice and grilled pepper (400 cals)
Snack - Choc coconut bar (200 cals) (made with bran buds, honey, p.b., protein pwd, coconut, and cocoa) Yummy!

4.4Liters H2o
Exercise
15 minute strength training with 5lb weights
15 minutes on the elliptical
(535 cals burnt)
Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #36  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, as nice as it is to go down a size, I'm sure all you ladies know with crazy clothing designers, I have no idea what size I wear... I have anything from a 5/6 up to an 11 (oh and the 11 is too small...ugh...) so, I just kinda guess when I take them into a dressing room, LOL
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #37  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

I stayed strong. A huge motivator was chatting with a very good friend of mine, who also has struggles with weight. She and I have almost identical hangups with food, so we can generally talk each other down when we are struggling. Thank God for good friends!!

I avoided the kitchen and living room (where he was eating them) like the plague. He also told me he bought my favorite candy bar because he knew I had a headache and thought it would make me feel better. I'm going to cut it in half and let the kids share it tomorrow. I've been drinking water to cut down on the cravings. I tend to crave salty things when I'm thirsty, and I've desperately been trying to catch up on my water intake.

Either way, he ate all the Pizza Rolls and the candy bar is in the freezer so I'm not tempted.

Thank goodness. Small victory, but I'll definitely take it!!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Pint--Great job resisting the food temptations!

LadyLai and LittleLindseyLouHoo, you both have made really fantastic progress! It really shows in the pictures. You've also inspired me to start taking some "before" pictures periodically--something I've been avoiding, so I don't have to see all my belly flub, but I'm sure I'll be grateful for it once I've lost my first twenty pounds.

This is my third week of conscious eating and I'm starting to itch for the scale. I'll have an opportunity to weigh myself this weekend when I'm off campus, but I'm anxious I won't see a difference I'd be thrilled just to be in the 160 zone, honestly. I know that my body's started to change just a bit, regardless of what the scale says, since I'm down to the last notch in my 2XL belt (that size just KILLS me--I'm fat, but there's no way I'm that heavy, I wear a size 13-14 for god's sake). I just don't want to get discouraged so early on! This is why most of you recommend daily weighing, I know, but every time I have attempted that before, I get too obsessive and start cutting back my food intake too much. One of my many mental flaws

Anyway, I'm rambling. I only meant to check in and say that I've done well today. I had some cereal for breakfast and a veggie quesadilla for lunch and dinner (I'm running out of food...). I worked out for 35+ minutes, about 25 of which were spent doing intervals on the treadmill. I didn't have the stamina to last a mile today, but instead did some fast-paced walking on an incline punctured with 6-6.5 mph sprints for about a minute and a half each, averaging 4.1 mph for the whole session, which is a running pace for me. It felt reeeaaally good to sprint at my max...and yes, 6.5 is a pretty slow max, but I have short little legs.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #39  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

LLBoldAsLove87 Sometimes it takes a little while for the scale to move. Great job on the toned legs. That's a great compliment.

Vixsin Great job on the 1.6 pounds.

Diana(LA) Congrats on the pound! Enjoy the feeling of success!

ArtyKay Hi and Welcome

KaylaChristine Hi I hope you had a wonderful and healthy day, too. Did you go for your walk tonight?

Pint Keep working towards your goal. Have confidence in what you can do. Hang in there, it sounds like you are having a rough night.

Novelista I would try changing the battery in your scale. That could be the problem.

Lauren About the rash. Could you be allergic to something.
Remember my crazy food allergy? That just came about in the Summer after all these years. I hope you start feeling better with TTOM. I know you've had back issues before. TTOM is probably making it worse.

Lindsey My DH is literally scared of the way I eat. I think he thinks it will kill him. I can really see a difference in your before and after pictures. You look a lot smaller plus toned.

Lady Congratulations on the 1.5 pounds and the 20 pound loss! I can really see a difference in the before and after pictures. BTW, you are so pretty.

Stacy Hi! I hope you are OK today.

Andejean Yay! on the gig and new clothes! Have fun!

Eurydice Great job staying on plan and getting your workout in.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1540 Caloris + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 calories)
2 Grilled Pork Chops 600 calories
Collard Greens 100 Calories
Steamed Broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #41  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

1-25-11 check in

80 ounces water
a few minutes on my elliptical (still sick)

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich on a thin bagel
Yogurt
Apple

Snack:
1 oz Pretzels
Sliced Roast Beef
Cheese Stick

Dinner:
Small amount of chili
Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Snack:
1/2 Banana
1 T Peanut Butter

Total calories approximately 1590 (shouldn't have had the banana and peanut butter)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, All!

Today I have a hair appointment (cut/color). We always eat at a Japanese restaurant that I really like when we have hair appointments. I expect a sodium gain tomorrow. I have modified what I order, when we go there, since my lifestyle change. Now I order the teriyaki beef w/vegetables. It is normally served with rice not veggies.

Weigh In: 162.8

No Change

I think this is my 3rd day at this weight. I think this is a first for me. I have stayed at a weight for 2 days, but not more. I always fluctuate.

I might not be able to do much with personals the next couple of days. I'm trying to finish up some stuff at work before the end of the month.

Have a wonderful, on plan day!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #43  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Blah, hubby stole my laptop again until 1am, so I couldn't post! At the same time, he was working, so I feel bad for him working so late. Poor guy has been pulling some crazy hours trying to help his boss with a crisis project at work. If he got paid overtime, we'd be rich!

Yesterday, I was completely off plan. I stayed under my calories, but my choices were terrible! I completely expected a gain from the sodium alone this morning, but thankfully, I was .4 down. Wanna see how badly I did?

Exercise: None

Breakfast: Oatmeal, brown sugar, earth balance, coffee
Snack: popcorn w/ earth balance
Lunch: LC butternut squash ravioli, sugar snap peas
Snack: 2 mini heath bars
Dinner: Newman's Own very thin crust spinach/feta pizza (calories weren't terrible...260 for 1/3 of the pizza)
Snack: 1 oz kettle chips (honey dijon and I usually hate chips!), .5 oz nuts

Calories: 1,450

Pizza, popcorn, chocolate and chips? Gah... Today will be a better day.

Ok, I have to reboot the laptop and then I'll be back with personals!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Shells Congrats on the .4.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #45  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana--That restaurant sounds yummy! And thanks.

Hi, Kris!

Eurydice--You sound like you've done really well and I bet that you'll see that on the scale. I know I have to be really careful not to get obsessive about the daily weighing. I also can start feeling the need to cut back on calories too much.

Pint--That's amazing that you stayed so strong! Awesome job!!

Andejean--I hear ya! I never know what size to bring into the changing rooms.

Linds--Wow, what a difference in those pictures!! You look amazing!!

LaurenA--I use firefox for my web browser and it has a add blocker, so luckily I can avoid those tempting goodies! How's the rash doing? It could be an allergic reaction to something or it could be viral. I'm very sensitive to viruses and tend to break out in rashes from them.

Stacy--Thanks for checking in. When you're ready to chat, we'll be here.

Tina--I agree with Diana, you're sooooooooooo very pretty!! And look at the progress you've made! Amazing!!

Kayla--It happens. I love subway, so I'd probably have the same issue. It sounds like you have a good plan.

novelista225--Yeah, I agree with everyone else...it sounds like it could be your batteries.

Welcome AZ!!

I don't think there will be any exercise today, either. My Meniere's is acting up from my sodium intake yesterday and it's making me very dizzy. I have medicine I can take to help it, but it makes me really, really sleepy...like fall asleep standing up, sleepy. So...dizzy? Or sleepy?
Closed Thread