Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 11:54 PM   #1  
We can do this..and will!

Default Christmas Lites Unite

Hey Gang....Calling all excited, helpful, positive, supportive people to join our string of Christmas Lites!!!!

Some of you may remember this from years past....we invite you to join our string of Christmas Lites, by taking the Christmas Lite Challenge.

It's easy, it's fun, and more importantly, it's do-able!
Just simply come up with a goal for you. If you are a weight loss type person, state how many pounds you would like to lose by Christmas Day. If you are a one day at a time, these are my goals for the day kind of person, state how many days you plan to stay on goal between now and Christmas. Each week, we will report in and see how everyone is doing!!!!

So come on...jingle those bells...deck those halls....set those goals! Join the fun and string along with us!

C'mon...you can do it....hit reply! Make our tree burn brighter!

PS...Since Christmas falls on a Wednesday....Let's have our "check in" day be on Wednesdays! Each Wednesday we will come up with totals of how many days our "OP Lites" stayed on program and how many pounds our "poundage goal Lites" lost total!
Old 11-28-2002, 11:56 PM   #2  

Talking I'll start!

I am in for ten! I promise that by December 25th, I will weigh 10 pounds less than I do right now! I can do this, and so can you....join me! Joanie
Old 11-29-2002, 12:59 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Yo, Joanie!!! I like thy idea of a dual weight or days challenge. I've pledged to get to 159 on the 26 Days to Christmas thread so I'd like to pledge a 26-Day On Program Streak here! I'm currently doing WW at home, having just been pleased to discover the POINTS program is much to my liking, but I modify it somewhat to suit myself! So simple. I really like it.

See yule later!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 08:38 AM   #4  

Ho Ho Ho Amarantha....so glad you just made the little string a little brighter! You are doing great...I am jealous! We can do this together! Thanks for hopping on board! Love J
Old 11-29-2002, 01:29 PM   #5  
One day at a time

I'm in, I'm in. although how active i'll be i can only wait and see. I'm in for 10 lbs.

by the way, i'm officially a clutz. I tripped over my dumbbells yesterday and broke my toe. It's nice and purple today, so i may not be to active for a few days. although, it didn't stop me from christmas shopping today.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:20 PM   #6  

Default Yeah Sheila!

You Go Girl! Thanks for making our little tree burn a little brighter! We can do this! Sorry about the toe....I can't believe you went shopping! I have been decorating my house all day...literally! It feels good when it is done! but right now, I am dead! nor am I done! Oh well...think of the calories! Well....ho ho ho ...Skinny Santas unite! Joanie
Old 12-01-2002, 12:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

HO HO HO WEIGHTS GOTTA GO. I am in for 10. We gotta do this there are way too many people to make envious of us when the events surrounding Christmas take place. I just need lots of support I am on meds that love that weight and I dont want that weight so I am hoping that you all can help. Amarantha is there some place on the web that gives you access to the points and how to figure out ho wmany points are in something without paying for it. Yes, I am cheap, but hey I can stand the thought of all the money the local ww wants here, plus hey it's that time of year when we have to find santa, even if it is only for our children. Any info on the points will be greatly appericated. Also how do you figure out how points you can have a day? I will look forward from hearing for you all.

sandy
Old 12-01-2002, 10:52 AM   #8  
stbakd

Lightbulb

sandy: try going to the w.w. forums in this site or weight watchers web site.
i look like santa clause, so i'll try 5 lbs. good luck to all.
glen
Old 12-01-2002, 03:21 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Looks like our tree is burning brighter. Well it's december 1 and you can definately tell, it's been snowing for 2 days straight and it's still coming down. I also put up my christmas tree yesterday. But then my dh does work on a christmas tree farm, so I can get whatever kind i want.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:42 PM   #10  

I'd like to join.. I have recently gained about 2-3 pounds, so I'd like to take those off plus maybe a few more pounds on top of that. I am going to start walking with my mother (me and my mother normally don't get along the best) everyday, and this morning i walked 3 miles with my dog and I'm planning 3 more miles tonight if the snow lets up.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:00 AM   #11  

Glen, Sandy, Gilly....Welcome! Thanks for joining....Sheila...your snow story makes me cold just thinking about it....but it is so beautiful...especially at Christmas time! Ara...how was your weekend? I decorated for Christmas... I am sore all over...all that up and down....think of the calories. I hope everyone has a great day....I could have/should have been better yesterday...but today is another day! Be strong! J
Old 12-02-2002, 07:56 AM   #12  
stbakd

good morning alll
jilly: i jelly beans Where in ont. are you?
i am keeping my fingers i'll lose. i am going to a chinese food buffet on sunday if i eat alot of salad first, i should be ok.
see you losers (in a good way) liter.
glen
Old 12-02-2002, 09:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening all. I wish that I was some place a little warmer, I just can't even think about getting out and walking in this cold weather. Gilly how do you do it, I think that I would be a Sandycicle by the time I got thru. I guess that is why that I am thankful that I have some workout tapes. The seasonal depression has set in here I need lots of support to keep for overeating. Maybe I will get lucky and will find a way to get myself out of this funky mood. Any ideas? Thanks Hefty I will check out some of the thread and see what I can find out about figurin the points out.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:40 PM   #14  
stbakd

gigglez: if you can find a noise maker that attachs to your fridge which sounds like a pig to keep you out may help try keeping busy or go for a walk. eat healthy snacks or smaller meals.
hefty
Old 12-04-2002, 11:47 AM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Default It's Wednesday ...

Ho, ho, ho!!! Time to report to the United Lites!!! Woo-hoo!!! Amarantha be reporting that she's doing great on POINTS and hath not deviated substantially from her program since last Wednesday, so she hath seven OP days under her belt for this challenge!!! Woo-hoo!!! (Lost 3.5 last week, for a total of 5.5 since being on WW! Almost at my 26 Days to Christmas goal but this could be a fluke and I may gain some back next week).

Sheila: So sorry about thy toe!!! So much for the health benefits of weight lifting! Sorry about thy snow, too! (Unless thou likes it). That's neat about your dh working on a Christmas tree farm. Motivating for a Christmas challenge. Hope thy tree this yule be all that thou desireth!!!

Gigglez: Hi!!! Sorry thou suffereth from seasonal depression ... hope you can get all the light and fresh air you can to counteract that. We get that in Arizona also, but going outside is always possible here. I love to workout at home also with Leslie Sansone tapes ... I have about 30 of them, all the way from the oldies to the new Walk Away the Pounds. I'm pledging myself to get back to doing at least two a week for awhile as mostly I just like to walk. I also walk and jogwalk on my "Hall Treadmill" ... which just is a long circuit through my kitchen, living room, long hallway and gym room and then back. I turn on some loud music and just go for it ... just getting back into adding jogs ... really good for staying in shape when I don't want to go outside.

Hefty: I love your idea about a noisemaker on the fridge! What'd really be cool would be to have a really loud sound and light show set off when the fridge is open during what Amarantha liketh to call "The Desert o' No Food From 9 P.M. to Midnight" ... then if it were set off, one would feel like dancing and laughing and singing instead o' eating some useless thing!!! Hmmmm ...

Gillybean: That'll be so neat, walking with your mom ... what a great way to build fitness and deepen your relationship at the same time. Good for you for doing the three snowy miles with your dog also. WTG!!!

Joanie: Thanks for starting this thread! It's a great idea!! My weekends are all the same lately, as I always have deadline stuff to finish up so I work. That sometimes leads to too much stress eating, but since doing the POINTS, I've been able to keep things under control! Not sure why, just works for me so far.

Well, here I go for another seven days OP (the WW POINTS plan at home, as modified somewhat by ME!!!). Woo-hoo!!

And, as I posted on the 26 Days o' Christmas thread awhile back: "JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY, OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO LOSE A POUND O' FAT TODAY!!"

Have a banana, everyone: !
Closed Thread