Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 07:25 PM   #1  
Hot Stuff

Default 26 Days of Christmas - Come Count Down With Us!

Ho, Ho, Ho....Just 26 days to go!!!

Welcome to our Christmas countdown thread! We're going to burn calories untangling Christmas lights , run circles around baked goods in the kitchen (with only a taste or two ), and spread good cheer to everyone who drops by , with lots of encouragement, support, and even hugs when needed!

This is the place to vent your holiday stress rather than turning to all those goodies that run rampant through the season. Former Turkeyettes as well as any new members or lurkers are welcome, so join us!

Roll call will start tomorrow, so name your goal, whether it's to lose or maintain, and we're off!
Old 11-28-2002, 08:24 PM   #2  

Smile I'm up for the challenge!

Hi all! I am a newbie at this, but I would love to join the challenge - figure it'll be a great help in keeping me focused for the next 26 days!

My goal is to lose 6lbs.

Looking forward to meeting all of you that join the challenge!
Old 11-28-2002, 08:30 PM   #3  

Default i'm ready for the christmas melt down!!

HELLO ALL, IT'S TURKEY DAY BUT I'M HAVING MY DINNER TOMORROW. TRYING NOT THINK BAD THOUGHTS . BUT WHY NOT EAT BECAUSE AFTER THAT I'M MISS FITNESS QUEEN OVER HERE IN OHIO. (i will not be a useless buckeye nut anymore). UNTILL FRIDAY MY POSTING WIGHT IS AS FOLLOWS BETTER BE SITTING DOWN FOR THIS..
FRIDAY,NOV.28....248 pounds!!! eeeks.
my goal for the end of Dec....to lose 12 pounds.
end of christmas challenge weight ...236 pounds!!!!!
THIS CAN AND WILL BE ACOMPLISHED.. GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY FRIENDS OUT THERE. LATER AND LIGHTER, SENAMAY
Old 11-28-2002, 09:00 PM   #4  

Wildfire you're right on the ball! I didnt expect to see the thread started till the morning! But this is a better idea !!

Welcome Autumn! Just jump on in!

Senamay! Looks like you're getting to be a pro at navigating the site!

Ok, time for a decision- I think I will also set a goal for 6 lbs-- I am due for a week or two of "Maintain" so that might be too ambitious but you don't know if you don't try!!!

see everyone in the am!
Old 11-29-2002, 12:40 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Well, decking the halls and singing fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-LOSE!!!! Amarantha be in for a 4-pound loss by Christmas, making her goal 159!!! This may be ambitious for as we know, Amarantha hath the metabolism of a sea cow, howsomever, her new POINTS program be very promising and she hath broken through her plateau, so ... SHE'S GONNA DO IT!!!

Hi, to Senamay and Kaylets and welcome to Autumn!!! Wildfire, thanks be to thee for putting this up tonight! Thanks to Ceara for volunteering to do the roster also!!! Ho, ho, ho, here we go!!!

Let's do the Jingle Bell Jig!!
Old 11-29-2002, 07:03 AM   #6  

Default Famous Friday!

Imagine almost everyone, even not USA friends is familiar with how today is THE shopping day of the year. I don't care much for the term "Black Friday" but that's the name. I'm not needing anything enough to stand in line at dawn although I've seen some ads for jewelry that look like tremendous bargains. Too bad I don't wear much jewlery!

But on the other hand, running thru parking lots, dashing thru stores, bending,stretching, all good ways to earn activity points!
Just be careful w/ that mall food! Last time I was in one, the very first place was also selling water and then, later I discovered the coffee shop offered a couple sugar free yummy sounding flavors!

As for me, there's an enormous "estate sale" we're going to-- A professional photographer's home- supposed to be loads of books, computer and office supplies, and who knows what else.
I don't know much about antiques but I do love a good estate sale. Just to see sometimes how people decorated or done their yards. I enjoy older houses too so its a " no strings" way of poking around w/o a real estate agent.

Still below 30 degrees here in Delaware. Last night the sky was so clear you could see lots and lots of stars, which really set the mood for WINTER!!

Punkinseed, think you're on to something w/ the BloodPressure readings at home-- Perhaps your doctor would be more convinced if you offered to keep a log for him? Then it would be very obvious that his office seems to spike your numbers?

Wildfire, you're right, there's lots of chores that burn calories ! The "untangling lights" is a big one at our house!

Aramantha- I know most weekends are work days for you. Does that include this weekend too??

I'll be checking back later to catch up w/ everyone!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!

Today's thought is:"Don't worry if you know all
the answers. You'll seldom be with someone who knows all the questions" - From Life's Little Instruction Book
Old 11-29-2002, 07:06 AM   #7  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Good Morning, Christmas Sprites!

Day 26 begins! This is my last work day of the month, because I've registered for a Reiki workshop tomorrow. So... I must get to work. The good news is that I have a doable amount of work to get done today and am confident of making it. In other good news: I have not been visited by the binge demon, and expect to escape him today as well.

So greetings and all good things of the season to all my fellow count-downers and I'll see you on the other side of this mountain o' work.

I'm going for a 7 pound loss. That would be so fabulous! 5 more from there would get me to Onederland.

Let's make this a wonderful day! Love to all!
Old 11-29-2002, 08:20 AM   #8  
deleted2

Hi all! I'm starting with 149-150 pounds and want to declare my intention to drop 5 pounds by Christmas. I normally go for something more ambitious [unrealistic?!] but it's the holidays and we all know how that can be.

I'm still stuffed from the thanksgiving feast yesterday. The only saving grace is I cooked and kept it all very low-fat but oh, the starchiness of it all!!! And I have leftovers like you wouldn't believe---time to get creative. How's everybody holding up?

Old 11-29-2002, 08:21 AM   #9  
deleted2

Almost forgot, thanks, Wildfire, for getting us started!

Old 11-29-2002, 10:52 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

"It is morning, Senlin says ..." Hidey-ho, sisters in Yuledom!!!! Wooo-hooo!!! Feeling very positive about this challenge, so positive in fact that I'm about to brave the mall in a bit. Did a 40-minute circuit weight kind of workout using Leslie Sansone to motivate me!!! (Elbertine Pep hath inexplicably gone shopping!). Amarantha's Thanksgiving dinner was (wait for it) a frozen calorie controlled dinner (turkey) and she be happy with that and stayed on her points program. (Elbertine Crone be having a fit with Amarantha eating frozen diet dinners as it giveth Elbertine too much time on her hands and threatens her position as spa food cook to Amarantha. EC be threatening to go back to the Empire o' Fit Folks and mutters about revolutions and such or to go live with her distant cousin The Hag o' The Hut, but Hago hath sent a message by crystal ball for EC to stay home as sooner or later, Amarantha be wanting a nonfrozen meal or an all-fruit smoothie and needs that grouchy ol' EC around anyway)!

Kaylets: Thy estate sale soundeth fun. I love old houses also and if there were world enough or cash, I'd like to restore a Victorian manse to its original style and condition. Have fun. I do have to work this weekend but am opting for the mall this a.m. instead. Sunday sounds like a good day to work or maybe I'll just skip it altogether (NOT)!

Eydie: I'd bet thy meal was fit for a queen and was healthy to boot (even if starchy)! Amarantha wisheth she could cook and/or had the motivation to do so! It is a skill she envieth thee!! Have a great day!

Arabella: Thou art on thy way to Onderland ... no doubt about it!!! Thy focus and success hath been great this season and it will continue through the 26 days to come, saith the Crystal Ball!!! Have a good workday ... Amarantha be procrastinating and will envy thee being done!!! But I have to go out and do a photoshoot tomorrow anyhow so might as well play today ... part of today anyway.

THE MALL CALLS!!!

Wildfire: Thankee again for the start!!!

Here's to Day 26!!!

"A new me in 2003!"

Last edited by Amarantha2; 11-29-2002 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:47 PM   #11  
Hot Stuff

You are all most welcome! Just popping in at work, will post tonight.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:38 PM   #12  

Smile It was a good Day 26!

... well, so far! I still have a few hours to go! But I am feeling very confident.

I was up early to join the crazies out in the stores today. This is the first time I ever ventured to the stores on "Black Friday" (as Kaylets called it), and you know what? I don't think I'll be doing it next year! It wasn't bad but it's not worth the hassles!

But I did find a few things and caught a few bargains and had a nice time with my SIL and her sister. We listened to Christmas carols in the car, had lunch, coffee at Starbucks... can't complain.

And I did fine, staying OP, which is, as Martha Stewart would say "a good thing".

Sounds like everyone's gearing up for the Challenge! It's going to be great!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Old 11-29-2002, 07:59 PM   #13  

Smile Friday Evening

Hello all!

Only found a few books and a really nice clip light that should come in handy when taking pictures for Ebay. One book really is a catalog for a Canadian Mail Order Company. Its a hardcover and even has a tiny piece of hide on the inside cover so you can "smell" it. Not sure if its Reindeer, and the book is still in the van but I'm sure you get the point. This house was only about 40 years old and had a formal library downstairs. Very pricey neighborhood, not ostentatious but big wooded yards and big houses throughout.

DH still pretty miserable so that was our outing for the day. I took a nap and then for dinner we tried the Fantastik Chili Mix- IMHO, fine if you don't have any spices but if you do, not needed. That's how it goes w/ trying 2 new things a week- sometimes you keep them and sometimes you don't!

Watched the last 3-4 episodes back to back of the Discovery Health Challenge and found it very motivating as well as a fair study of how different body types consuming relatively the same calories and doing the same activity will lose at completely different rates. One man thought by going below 1700 calories a day he'd lose faster but stopped losing entirely. Interesting.
Another lady lost 10% of her body weight and was able to drop her diabetic meds ( type ll) --

time to move the laundry!

Last edited by Kaylets; 11-30-2002 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:54 PM   #14  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Hi all!
Made it!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy day after T-Day!

Didn't strangle anyone or anything at the show today...have got a hole in my tongue though and a glass of red wine beside me, and one in me....... a small compensation.

Have compiled a roster of sorts.....please if I've missed you just say and I will add you. If you're there and don't want to be, just email me. And any corrections please just tell me...

Amarantha - current 163, goal 159
Anagram -
Arabella - current 211, goal 204
Autumn609 - down 6
Ceara - current 187, goal 178
Cybele -
Dollar -
Eydie - current ~150, goal 145
Kaylets - current 176.5, goal 170.5
Punkin -
Senamay - current 248, goal 236
Scooby -
Tipper -
Wildfire - current 174? goal

There......the wonders of control C. Will troll through over the weekend.....I like the Christmas sprites handle.

Ceara
Old 11-29-2002, 08:56 PM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Night falleth!!! My shopping trip was nice also, Kaylets! That sounds like an interesting catalog ... made of leather??? Fancy!

Mall was crowded but got lots of exercise and had a small size plain hot dog at DQ for 6 points and was very proud. According to my points book, I can have cappucino, lattes, etc., for very little also, but Starbucks was too crowded. Bought a new cell phone and a Beadwork mag and called it a day. Came home, took nap and never did any work at all.

Autumn, sounds like thee (thou?) had a good mall adventure, too. As for me, I definetely WILL go back next Black Friday!!! Loved it!!!

TO ALL, HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND WEEKEND IF THOU BE NOT AT THY COMPUTERS!!! ONWARD AND DOWNWARD TO DAY 25!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Closed Thread