Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 03:44 PM   #61  
Is it Friday yet?

Arabella - Exactly, it's the voice... yup. I could just close my eyes and listen to him talk for hours. If you haven't seen Dogma you've GOT to - he plays the Metatron, the voice of God. Hysterical...

Ellis - I'm workin' on getting over to the Alternachicks thread more!!! Great bunch over there.... work's been insane - good insane, but still. Busy like crazy - our newest client just added almost 1/4 more to my workload. I'll take it!!!!! Now show me the MONEY!!!!!!
There was a family behind me at HP last week - 2 little girls younger than 7, and I kept hearing "Daddy I don't like this" over and over and over and over... poor kid was scared to death over the spiders and snake - Dad just sat there. Tonight's show starts at 6:30pm (instead of the 3:30pm that I went to last time). Hopefully I'll catch the *entire* movie this time - for $4 it's not a problem to see it again (and yes, again to oogle).

Terri
Old 12-02-2002, 04:24 PM   #62  
deleted2

Hello Friends!

Welcome Ellis and Autumn! And Hi to Flower; I remember you from the Alternative thread from a few months ago. I still read your journal, BTW.

Wildfire, I love my silver hair--I have a salt and pepper thing going now and can't wait for it to get whiter. So who knows, you might want to give it a try sometime!

Senamay, thanks for posting the Dr. Phil stuff--I like him a lot.

Cybele, I have a fitness ball and I haven't really mastered working out with it yet--I like it though. Strangely, I use it as a chair. Really! It gives you perfect posture like one of those fancy ergonomic ones!!!

Punkin, Best of luck to your mom. I'll be sending her and you the good stuff!

Congrats, Amarantha, on the weight loss. Here's a bouquet of bananas!

Punkin, Arabella, and Ellis----Do not get me started on Alan Rickman. Yes, I'd just like to lay back and let that voice drip over me like warm honey............sorry, I went away there for a while!

Old 12-02-2002, 05:29 PM   #63  
Is it Friday yet?

Thanks Eydie for the thoughts - she just called a few minutes ago. She's out, the procedure took just about 2 hours (called a mamatome, fancy hollow needle into which they insert a scoop to take out the "spot"). She sounds good and was going to get some food, then home.
Ha! She's more worried about my stupid BP appt. than her appt!

My surrogate Grandma is a lab tech/diagnostician and last time, 3 years ago, she got the lab results back and called us 3 days before the Dr. did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she gets them again - the less waiting the better!

Terri
Old 12-02-2002, 06:02 PM   #64  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Eydie!

Terri, I'm glad your mom's procedure is over with. Hope she gets the results really soon. love and hugs...
Old 12-02-2002, 06:35 PM   #65  

Smile Mon evening

Hello All!

Punkinseed! Glad the medical issues are looking up this Monday- for your Mom and yourself! And yes, you will wonder how you ever managed w/o a computer at home very quickly!

I guess I'm the only one who doesnt know who Alan Rickman is!
Guess I have to do a Google search on him so I can stay current!

Arabella- glad you're feeling better- Housework can be a good thing-- if you say so!

Cybele, welcome back from your trip-

Wildfire- did you tell us what the dress looks like?

Ceara, please mark me for .5 loss. Not complaining, its still a loss!
And I have no idea where "proctoring" came in- We have beagles, mixed breeds who pretty much are enjoying the proverbial "dog's life". The only competition these two know is who's going to get to the chow first!

Need to pay some bills so I'll stop here--

Till later!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:48 PM   #66  
Hot Stuff

WOW, is this thread moving!

Ceara...300 kids? That's amazing! What a great thing!

Senamay, congrats on surviving Thanksgiving break with the kids! How did WW go? I haven't seen a lot of Dr. Phil because I'm still at work when he's on here, but the odd time I've been home early enough to see him, he was good.

Flower Power, great research! I'm thinking about getting an exercise ball. They're supposed to be good for strengthening your back, too, just from balancing on them in a seated position. I'll check out those links, thanks! I used to be a pro at the Captain's Chair....10 years ago when I was into weightlifting....makes you wonder where it all started to go wrong...but I digress.

ellis, yes, I can sit in the dress. I plan to dance all night anyway, though, so it doesn't matter. Did you make it to the gym tonight? I'd heard that this HP was darker and scarier than the first. Hope the little one doesn't have any lasting effects.

Welcome back, Cybele!

Kaylets, you're up as early as me! I know why I'm insane, but why are you up at that early hour? The dress is actually kinda plain. This party is at Glen Abbey Golf & Country Club (where Tiger won the Canadian Open tournament last year), and it's a formal thing. It's a dress and jacket combo...black, fitted, sleeveless, knee-length dress with just a little bit of red embroidery on the chest...the little vine has flowers that look like mini pointsettias...and the jacket is the same length as the dress, long sleeves, fitted, with a single button at the chest and nice soft lapel. When the jacket is buttoned, you can see the embroidery on the dress. It's in a crepe fabric that drapes beautifully. Most years I wear a full-length evening gown (last year's was silver lace lined in black), but this dress was SUCH a steal and it's kinda tux-like, so I think it will fit in nicely. Sexy shoes and a sparkly bag, and I'm all set. Hey, congrats on the .5lb loss!

Punkin, keeping for your Mom. How was your appointment?

Arabella, glad you're feeling better today.

Eydie, how are you? We seem to pass each other in the halls but never have time for a chat!

CONGRATS, Autumn!

Had a good day, hoping for another tomorrow. We went to Wendy's for lunch today and I had a Jr. Hamburger and a small chili....hubby had a cheese & bacon baked potato, biggie fries, and a chili with cheese. Think I'm gonna win this one.

Hey...I bowled a 212 tonight!

Gotta pack lunches. Catch y'all on the flip side.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:53 PM   #67  
Empress/Queen

Default Report from spaland ...

Amarantha be inspecting the Imperial Fitness Spa this afternoon as she hath not a lick o' work to do till Wednesday, really! Had a lovely spa dinner prepared by Elberta Crone (aka Lean Cuisine Lady). It was almond chicken and rice and only 6 points! Followed by WW Frozen Cookie Dough Sundae (also prepared fresh by Elberta Crone, who hath resumed her former position as spa nutritionist and chef). Hath had two walks around the spa grounds (replete with doves, peace lilies and views o' the Sea o' Tranquility in the distance). One walk be 60 minutes, the second several hours later be 40 minutes! Amarantha be counting each 20-minute walking segment as 1 point, just to be on the safe side, though the first walk was really a jogwalk. She ate four of the activity points and banked one so's it be not lost, HRH WN Arabella, thou be so right about that WW policy being nuts. Amarantha is banishing such a policy from her empire.

Punkin: So glad thy mom's procedure be over with and also crossing fingers for good news on that front! Mayhap when that good news comes, thy BP situation might also improve, as the stress of not knowing might be having an effect on that front?

Wildfire: Floating in the peaceful spa whirlpool bath, Amarantha realizeth that she forgot to congratulate thee on thy dress! She most heartily does so now!!! It soundeth beautiful and I bet you look smashing in it!

Kaylets: Congrats on the half Amarantha seeth retreating from thy environs! Woo-hoo!!! No has a chance in this Yuletide Gathering!!!!

BTW, Amarantha doth not know who Alan Rickman is either, or didn't until she read this thread!

Eydie: Thanks be for the Banana Bouquet!!! BTW, I've seen those strange ball chairs in office supply catalogs ... they have legs and arms and the ball thing as a seat. Dost thou remember also a few years back they had those office chairs where you basically had to kneel forward and kind of sit on a slanted seat and there was no back to them? I think your idea of just using the exercise ball as a seat is much more sensible.

Ellis: Love it that thy mom be in her 70s yet remaineth a babe! Good for her!!! That's a reminder of how good life can be when we maintain a fit and healthy body! No soapbox intended, just makes one think!

Arabella: Glad thou be feeling better, sorry thou hast to clean though! Amarantha be feeling like calling the Imperial Cleaning Crew in tomorrow herself, but shopping would be so much better.

Autumn: Actually, Amarantha didn't mean to correct thy math as she didn't note thou had posted on the topic o' the day!! Amarantha was just asking if it was the 23rd day because Amarantha's math skills be pitiful ... worse than anyone's she be totally sure!!! But, after all, that's why nature created calculators, is it not?

TO ALL IN AND OUT O' THE HALL!!! FOL-LOL-LOL-LOL-LOL-LOL, ETC.!!!

Off to read my mystery novel now. Rising gently from the Imperial Whirlpool! The towel boy awaits, bearing fresh terry cloth ...
Old 12-03-2002, 12:26 AM   #68  

Default hello all!

WOW. i found the right bunch of people to talk too. well i have to be honest i decided to wait another week to join ww, because of christmas presents for my kids. must keep the kids first you know . But im still very excited about joining. have not forgot it.

You all are most welcome for the Dr.Phill quets there pretty cool. Did anyone see the show today, it was about overweight people that couldnt stay on a diet. or lose weight. i taped it. to watch again. One thing he said that was neat, (ITS NOT WHAT YOU EAT, ITS NOT WHEN YOU EAT, ITS WHY YOU EAT , THATS KEEPING YOU FAT!) thats me i eat for reasons like sad mad stressed you get the point hey i even eat when im happy.

anyway, well i must post i lost 3 pounds now my weight being 245 .I start

my excersize back up tomorrow. Glad to see everyone had a safe turkey day, welcome back punkinseed. i dont know who alan richter is either if i got his name right and im a huge movie fan. HIs name is so familiar id have to see his face then id know who he was.

Amarantha.. i be jealouse for i have no towel boys waiting for me after my spa treatments.

again always a pleasure talking to you all, i always forget what every one talked about when i post,hahaha all i know are your all great, and i enjoy hearing your chit chats, here in ohio we are getting hit pretty good tonight with the white stuff just hope there is school tomorrow,hahaha my kids always want to stay home, like theres a circus that goes down the road and the clown that entertains me while i fold the laundry you know they miss all that fun stuff that i see while there inschool????

well goodnight all i will keep you posted, on my losses,counting my memorey in that one. haha

later and lighter
senamay
Old 12-03-2002, 06:06 AM   #69  

Smile Targetting Tuesday!!

Weatherman is already calling this eveing 's weather the Tuesday Night Teens! We're breaking records weather wise here in Delaware! Spent some time digging for a real winter coat and was pleased that a favorite bought on sale is wearable! If you can count only being able to button one button! But it does appear to fit when tied and frankly, we've had such mild winters lately, the bigger size coats have been gone awhile. Did find a big scarf that matches the coat perfectly. So glad the scarves are back again. This one was given to me by a niece when she was small. She's a junior in highschool now so you know how old the scarf is! As long as I'm just running to the car, I'll be fine-- It would be different if I had to wait for a train or walk a distance.

Senamay! Isnt it the truth about what the children thinks happens while their away! and to add to Dr. Phil's comments- dont' remember who said it, maybe Emeril but the quote is" If we really are what we eat, I'm afraid a lot of people are frenchfries"
And Congrats on 3lbs down!

Wildfire! The dress sounds so classy! and you know what, you won't regret wearing it this year! Because it probably will be too big next year!!! DH will be green when he hears about the bowling score!
As for getting up early-- My previous job had lots of extra hours, and I found I got so much more done b/4 anyone else got there-
As well as DH's schedule had him at his job for 6:30-- Then I learned, Monday mornings were easier if I didn't sleep in on the weekends. Which is perfect for yardsales and etc because often the best buys are the first buys. When I had to change jobs, the extra time in the am became mine. Ideally, using the bike and Total Gym a few times each week too.

Autumn! Congrats on 1.5 down! Its a beautiful thing when we're rewarded!

Eydie! Glad to see you about the boards! It's not the same when you don't have a chance to stop by!

For everyone ( including the towel boys) - here's to making the best choices:

"If your house is on fire, warm yourself by it" -- Spanish Proverb
Old 12-03-2002, 06:34 AM   #70  
deleted2

Wildfire, your dress sounds great!

Senamay, I saw Dr. Phil yesterday--sort of. I was in and out of the room making dinner, but I recorded it and will watch it today. I figured that maybe there's some piece of the puzzle there that'll get to me. In essence, it seems he was saying to "grow up"! and stop overeating and/or eating badly. Sigh.....Speaking for myself, I know all the right things to do yet for some deep dark reason I resist.

Woke up with a sore throat this morning. Ick. And I just got over a really bad cold a week ago. Drat, I don't want this to be one of those winters where I stay sick all the time. Time to get serious---I haven't been taking really great care of myself lately. But today's a new day!

Old 12-03-2002, 06:59 AM   #71  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Morning!
Already running into banana problems!

Amarantha - start 163, goal 159, Current 159.5
Anagram - start 224.2, goal 220
Arabella - start 211, goal 204
Autumn609 - start 210, goal 204, Current 208.5
Ceara - start 187, goal 178
Cybele - start 173, goal 169
Dollar - start 197.4, goal 190 (?)
Ellis - start 189, goal 186
Eydie - start~150, goal 145
Flower - waist start 41.5", goal 39.5"
Kaylets - start 176.5, goal 170.5, Current 176
Punkinseed - start 242, goal 237
Senamay - start 248, goal 236, Current 245
Scooby - start 186, goal 180
Tipper - start 205,
Wildfire - start 174, goal 171

Last edited by ceara; 12-03-2002 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:44 AM   #72  

Kaylets, you are so right. Have not yet had time to even scan all posts. Must be the most active thread!

Won't have time today either. Dh in hospital. So I'm off for quick shower and then over to see what happens today.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:58 AM   #73  

Smile HAPPY TUESDAY!

What a great thread! So much activity, so many different interests, and lots of success with losing weight!

Thanks for all the congrats and support. You guys are great!

IT IS DARN COLD HERE TODAY IN CONNECTICUT! YIKES! I'd rather have the cold than the heat and humidity of summer, but the cold temps this AM tests that preference to the MAX. I imagine that all the Elfetts from Canada are smirking on my definition of Darn Cold!

Off to another good start: got up and did my exercise (even tho the warm covers were oh so inviting), got the girls off to school and now am waiting for my 10:00 mammogram appt. Not expecting any problems - it's a 6 mth follow-up to an infection I had in May.

KAYLETS: Congrats on your loss! Every .5 counts towards your goal! You go girl! BTW - How's DH feeling? Hope he is moving quickly on the road to recovery.

SENAMAY: Way to go your loss as well! You're doing great - keep that up and your 26 Days of Christmas challenge is a done deal! I don't get to watch Dr Phil but when I've seen him on Oprah, I've liked his style. I agree that he's basically saying "Grow Up Already!" and you know what? He's right. It's just hard to get past those inbred habits.

CEARA: what a great thing that our thread's weight losses has created an over-abundance of bananas! Thanks again for keeping the tally for us.

EYDIE: Hope that sore throat was a flyby thing, perhaps related to turning the heat up! Stay healthy!

AMARANTHA: Your postings are "glowing" with your good mood. You are doing great! It's amazing how motivating a loss can be. (BTW - if your math is as bad as mine, we're going to be great friends! I married an accountant to take care of anything related to numbers!)

WILDFIRE: Congrats on your bowling score. My DH is a former bowler and quite good too so I know a little about bowling. And I agree with Kaylets - your dress sounds gorgeous! You are going to look awesome!

PUNKINSEED: Hope your mom is doing welll after her procedure. How did it go with your BP test? Here's a group hug from all of us to let you know you're in our thoughts!

ANAGRAM: Hope all is well with your DH!

ELLIS, CYBELE, FLOWER, DOLLAR, ARABELLA (and anyone else I missed): Hi there and hope you have a great day!

For all the Alan Rickman fans: I too think his voice is divine. I loved him in Die Hard, RobinHood Prince of Thieves (he was the best part of that movie!) as well as Harry Potter. He's terrific.

22 Days to go! WE CAN DO IT AND WE WILL!

Have a good one! Make the most of it!

Last edited by autumn609; 12-03-2002 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:03 AM   #74  

Wow you have been busy on the threads. Hi im back from spending time with my parents. Things are still a little crazy witht he passing of my grandma, moms breast cancer and dads bi pass. But i think im recovering and ready to have a successful weight loss and get back into my old routine. So im still at 186 and really would get down to 180 by christmas. Im not sure how im going to pull it off..but i will try.

Amarantha, you are inspiring me to try WW again! Sounds like you are doing so awesome! That makes me feel happy and gives me hope.

Pumpkinseed i am praying for you and your mom and im truely sorry that you have to go through all this. As i was reading through all the threads i was looking for your postings.

Eydie yea im sorry your throat is sore...its seems to be the time of year for that. It snowed here in boston...so cold...so sad.

Alan Rickman what part did he play in harry potter? yea i hear the second one is darker and scarier which i dont think is good for the kids...oh well.

Hi to all i will post later..just wanted to to get back in touch.

Sheryl
Old 12-03-2002, 11:09 AM   #75  
Is it Friday yet?

Hi there!!

Chilly frozen fog here today! Creepy stuff - it's wet, then hits the ground and freezes. Drove home in it last night which makes for some interesting driving. Think I'm staying home tonight until it lifts.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts on Mum... she's doing great, crabby, but great. Should have results back soon...

As for me...

White coat hypertension!!!!
They tested my monitor against theirs and they're almost dead on. For 4 days I checked my BP and it was between 118/75 to 126/85. Yesterday at the Dr.'s it was 175/89 (my monitor showed the same). My Dr. comes in, looks at my chart, looks at my post-it note with my readings from the 4 days I checked it at home and started laughing! She said "thank goodness, I don't have to medicate you". She said to monitor it myself once or twice a month and that's it. She also said to keep up the good work at Curves and that it didn't matter that it's taken me 10 months to loose 18 pounds - what mattered was that it was *happening*.
I felt so good that I drove to Curves after my appt. Feeling high because I no longer felt like a walking time bomb...

Kaylets and Scooby - Ok, Alan Rickman was in a few things, mostly theater though. He was the bad guy in the first Die Hard, the Metatron in Dogma and Professor Severus Snape in Harry Potter. The man can snear like no one I've ever seen...

Senamay - Dr. Phil is so right - it's not what or when, it IS why. When the Dr. called about my BP I went into a tizzy, then after calming I sat down and had dinner (Taco Bell, great choice ). I felt medicated... drugged. Bad sign. I do use food as a drug and that instance really opened my eyes.

Eydie - Echinacia tea and honey!!! NOW!!! You can't be sick during the holidays!!

Anagram - How's hubby? Keep us posted ok?

Scooby - Welcome back sweet. I'm glad things are starting to settle some - it takes awhile to resume "normal" life after someone passes. I don't think my Mom was "normal" for almost a year... Thank you for the thoughts for my Mom.
Alan Rickman plays Professor Snape in the Harry Potter movies. You're right - the 2nd movie I wouldn't recommend for kids younger than 8 or 10 (depending on maturity). I think it's funny the amount of adults that are into it!

Ok, time to get some work done... big ol' hugs to you all!

Terri
Closed Thread