Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default No More compliments

I have gained this extra weight in the last year. Before that I can remember getting compliments like "you look nice today" or "I like your outfit" at work. Now I noticed that I havent gotten a compliment in a long time. I know it isn't just in my head because I just now noticed it. I think if I were imagining it I would have noticed it sooner. It really hurts my feelings because even though I am bigger now I still feel there are days when I do look nice. Has anyone else shared this same experience?
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #2  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

I've never been "skinny" to be complimented... but... are you sure it's not because of something else? Like... you haven't worn something new lately or... have ya'll been busy or stressed lately?

I'm really sorry to hear it though and offer you some e-hugs.
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #3  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Thanks I think you are right I havent had as many nice clothes since I have been "fat" because I dont want to spend money on something that I hope wont fit me soon lol
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

If you've changed your surrounding or routine at all, that could also be it. I got hit on regularly when I took public transport. Now, pretty much never, and I'm almost back to my lowest weight. New clothes make a huge difference too. Especially if they fit well. My friends were all insisting I'd lost more weight this summer when actually I'd backslid about 10 lbs. But I had new clothes that made a huge difference.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #5  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

Don't let it get to you! *hugs*
To be honest, this happened to me too, for a while in the middle of my weight loss the compliments stopped and I got kinda discouraged. This was before the compliments started to annoy me. Its really just that while you are working hard and this is a priority in your life, its kind of old news to everyone else. Not only that, but how many times would it be appropriate to compliment someone on the same thing.
Also be aware that it has nothing to do with your gain. People generally don't notice a little gain or even a little loss.
Keep your head up!
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

When I was a little bit younger and a lot lighter, I used to get honked at a lot when I'd walk down the street. It's rude but flattering. I really doubt that would happen anymore, but I also don't do much walking. I can't wait until I get one of those rude street honks or a whistle or something. It seems weird but it will let me know that I'm really looking good .

I got some compliments at my family Christmas this year on my weight loss. That felt really good but I'm still morbidly obese and need to lose a LOT more. I needed those compliments though, it made me realize how much progress I've made so far. Just keep going and you'll have the same experiences I'm sure!

Last edited by Linsy; 01-24-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote