Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #1  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

Default Post-Vacation Thoughts

Well I did it. I went on vacation for 11 days and gained 6.5 pounds and in under 5 days I am under my pre-vacay weight by a 1/2 pound! First of all, I'm so pleased that my "all or nothing " mentality may in fact be changeable. Secondly, I think that the theory of jolting your metabolism to get things going again must be a valid one. The month before we left on vacation, I only lost 2 lbs where as before that I was enjoying an average 8-10 lb loss/month.

My baggy clothes are annoying the **** out of my co-workers so I told them and myself that I wasn't going shopping until I got back from vacation, and when I did get back, I told myself no shopping until I was at my pre-vacay weight!

Happy to report that today I shopped at EXPRESS: woo hoo! I bought a black pencil skirt, size 10 and this adorable short-sleeved blouse (L), and a cardigan (M!). I can't believe my body fits through the doors of that store, never-mind that their clothes actually fit me!!! The salesgirl there was just great too-she high-fivered me when I told her I'd just lost some weight and said she was trying to do the same It just helps so much to have a good salesperson when you have no faith in your vision of yourself or of how clothes will look on you. To top it all off, I found the perfect shoes!

I think that is what I will start doing for every 5 or 10 pound loss-it was so much fun I want to do it again!
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/188

Height: 5'2"

Smile Great job during vacation, any tips?

Good job on getting off those post vacay lbs. My coach told me that it would probably be mostly water but I will be watching what I eat to a certain extent.
We are going to Punta Cana, Feb 5 for 7 days, any tips on what you ate and drank and what you didn't?

Isn't it wonderful buying clothes in stores you thought you never would fit into... I love it and 30 more lbs to go.
msbreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/201/135

Height: 5'6"

I love this post

Congrats on having a wonderful vacation - and enjoying yourself! Be even more congrats on getting right back to it!

Great job!!
kcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #4  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for the kind words, and as for advice--the one thing I really did stick to was making my splurges primarily on food that wasn't "ordinary." In other words, I didn't eat of lot of stuff like fried eggs, home-fries, breads, pizza-that sort of thing-I almost always ordered poached eggs for b'fast and piled my plate with fresh fruit. And I always tried new things; we went to to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, so there was lots of new and exotic types of fruit to try and also a lot of fresh fish, which I love. I even liked ceviche (raw fish marinated n citrus juices) and had it for breakfast a couple of times.

For a few days, I was able to fill a plate with desserts, take a bite of each and then unload the rest on my husband Sweets are my weakness. But he caught on to me, and since they cleared the tables pretty quickly, I just had to learn to hold on until they took my plate of hardly eaten desserts away.

I tried to not to stuff myself. I did that a couple of times and it was a gross feeling and I regretted it. I almost never cleaned my plate. I did drink a lot of booze (it was free!) so I think that's where the weight came from. I tried a lot of drinks I don't normally have, like cosmos, pina coladas, margaritas, mohitos....yah baby!

Have a ball, and if you go overboard, know that it's possible to get back on the wagon whenever you want to, either while you're still on vacay or when you get home!
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote