Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 12:36 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hello All- Gosh I feel so lonely here. Just got back from a 3.2 warm-up walk with my wife. Should be ready to go in the race tomorrow at a fast snails pace!!! We will be going up to the area today to pick-up our tee shirts and goodie bags so we won't have to carry it after the race. Then we are going to get hot on desserts for our church service tonight, mash up 40lbs of potatoes for our dinner tomorrow at my mom's, whip up some pumpkin pies, etc. Should be a fun day off. I even went to Starbucks already. Well off to church to get some bible studies copied while my wife goes to the dr. for her check-up. I will check in later--THERE WILL BE SOMETHING FOR ME TO READ--IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU--HAHAHAHAHA-kiddin'-Gary
Old 11-27-2002, 06:15 PM   #17  

Angry [b]Happy Thanksgiving!!!![/b]

Hope Everyone Has a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

How is everyone this eve before Thanksgiving??? I worked half a day and have been cooking all afternoon. Just took a break to come check in. Gary looks like you have been pretty lonely here. Sorry I haven't checked in more often. I have been really busy. But the next few days things should slow down. Thank goodness!

WILMA~ Glad to have you back. CONGRATULATIONS on the house!!!!! We knew you would find just the right one! Praying about the job situation.

GARY~ Wow, good thing you like sports with your weekend. Ha Ha. Good luck with your walk/race tomorrow!!!! 40lbs of potatoes?!? Wow, my hands would go to sleep peeling all of them. LOL

Sami~ I used to post and lose them too. I guess your posts and mine are out there in cyberland somewhere and now Gary's too. LOL Praying for you and a good outcome. Hang in there, and keep looking UP!!!!

SUE~ Continuing to pray for your pastor.

ZOE~ Where are you my friend?? Miss you!!!

I hope God blesses each and every one of you in a very SPECIAL way this Thanksgiving!!!! We ALL have SO much to be THANKFUL for!!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:38 PM   #18  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello all.....(I'm here Sherry.......)

Just wanted to say, have a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for as I know you all do. Let's just thank God for the small stuff, those "stupid" blessings......you know, the ones we tend to forget and not thank Him for.....just the fact that we wake up each morning. That we get to work safely, and yes, even when we get into the faster line at the bank.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!
Old 11-28-2002, 07:03 AM   #19  

Angry Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi to all of you! Hope you hsave a blessed day!. I have to make this quick as am off to work, yahoo!
Gary- Hope all goes well with your race today sounds like fun Here is some extra energy, just don't eat to much you 'll get an upset ummy! you know me couldn't leave the chocalate out. Thanks for all the support with pastor, I know God is in control, and He is so good, but its nice to hear, congrats on turning your nephews life around, He got great marks! Hi there Mrs. Hummer! thanks for all your prayers too, I so appreciate it! I pray God Shines on you today! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Zoe- unfortunsately we often take God for granted and turn more to him in times of trouble, and that isn't a good thing. It is wonderful that He understand we are simple and loves us anyway! You have a great day! Sami- Been there done that (as Gary says) with the postings it isn't fun pray the Lord lifts you up and heals you! it is awful to have problems with your stomach in general, but even worse around the holidays, so much of which is c entered around food. God bless, your in my prayers! Happy thanksgiving all! Hi to everyone else.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:25 PM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! Just a quick post to let you know that I haven't forgotten any of you. I really appreciate your prayers!! Things are going really well with the house purchase. We still don't know when we can move in but that's okay. I'll try to be patient. I find out by tomorrow whether I have the job or not. I had myself all prepared for rejection and then the boss left a message on my phone last night saying I had been short listed and that he would call by Friday. Now, I'm nervous and trying not to get my hopes up.

DH got home last night. It's so nice to have him home for a while. Because you my friends in the USA have your Thanksgiving my DH gets a long weekend. He drives truck into the US and because everyone has things shut down he can't drive down there. So even I have something to be thankful for on your Thanksgiving day.

I want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. We should be thankful everyday but it's nice to have a holiday to celebrate God's goodness to us.

have a wonderful day!
Old 11-28-2002, 10:26 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry HAPPY THANKSGIVING

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - Everyone,
I have finished my usual Thanksgiving MEGA meal for at least two people!!! I was able to work off some of the calories this morning in our walk/race. The race went pretty well, it was a 3.2 mile one, my son ran it in under 20 minutes (pretty good for him since he is coaching now and not training) my daughter and I walked it in 45 minutes (about average for us) my wife had to pull out after 2 miles because her hamstring muscle got tight and she didn't want to force it. All in all it was good but the times for us were off--it was really crowded in the race, there was 7,000 entries which isn't that large compared to some of our races, however, the course didn't have much room so we kept running into people and STROLLERS. We have alot of runners here that push their kids in strollers, no problem here, except they really need to be in a separate race-- we were in their way just as much as them in ours.
The weather was great, we were only 3/4 of an hour from home so we were back in plenty of time to have turkey with my family at my mom's.
Church last night was cool and everyone raved about the pumpkin pie I re-heated for the dessert--you know-- the one Mrs. Smith made
WELL,WILMA, ZOE, SUE, SHERRY, and SAMI May your week-end be blessed along with the up-coming holiday season.
HE SHINES-Gary
Old 11-29-2002, 06:29 AM   #22  

Angry Happy black Friday!

Glad to hear the race went well, EZ. Mrs. Smith sometimes bakes pies for me too! We must know the same lady. She is a great cook, and saves so much time.
Wilma glad to hear everything is going well, you let us know when you hear from your job, I'm praying all works out well.
Hi to everyone else. I am off to work, happy shopping if anyone is starting early. Have a great day!
Old 11-29-2002, 03:50 PM   #23  

Angry

Happy Friday to ALL!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!! No matter what you ate, I hope it was good and you were thankful!!!!! I know I was, but I managed to do really good. I ate a little of everything but only a LITTLE!

Looks like everyone is out busily shopping? Walking? ? Whatever you are doing, I hope you have a good day!!!

Talk atcha later!
Old 11-30-2002, 05:20 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi All- Glad to see Sherry and Sue out there doing well-- how 'bout the rest of you? Just got back from my step-D's soccer tournament over the last 2 days, she won 1, tied 1, and lost 1. They only scored 1 goal though so they are finished-- no play on Sunday (sad for her but glad for wife and I-- with church, etc tomorrow it would make for a really busy day which we have had for 4 days now. There has been alot of rain here in the last 2 days -- the first soccer game was postponed for 2 hours-- of course they didn't tell us in advance and since we are 2 hours away from home we weren't about to go back so the wife and I got in an extra 3 mile walk we hadn't scheduled.
Got to visit with my daughter this week-end a little-- her and that boyfriend had dinner with us last night-- they will head back to school tomorrow. Our son is 10 hours away at the state cross-country races so we won't see him until tomorrow.
Well gotta run to home depot for stuff--check in later.
Love to all of you--In Christ , Gary
Old 12-01-2002, 11:02 AM   #25  

Exclamation Happy Lord's Day!

Happy Lord's Day to ALL!!!

Today is a beautiful sunny day here in the central south. And although I am sick I'm loving the sun and of course the SON. I have come down with sinusitis and bronchitis. I can't breathe very well unless I take breathing treatments frequently. *sigh* Our weather keeps changing back and forth - cold to hot- dry to wet - etc....And the gusty wind has blown something my way. Anyhoo.............................

How is everyone else today? Sure is quiet around here this holiday weekend. Good to see you GARY and SUE!! EVERYONE else check in when you can. I weighed this morning and have lost ONE lb. That is not terrific but with it being a holiday week, not too bad. I'll still take it!

Well, I'm going to lay back down for a while. Just getting up for a while has worn me out. Hopefully I can make it to the DR tomorrow and get some antibiotics. I'll try to check back in later.

Have a good day!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:49 PM   #26  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello friends ~

Just a quick note to let y'all know that I'm still here. I've been so busy with my Christmas decorating and shopping that I just haven't even thought about getting online.

Yesterday was my weigh in and I lost 1 lb. I guess that's good with Thanksgiving week and all but I really stayed within my program so I'm surprised it was so low. Haha..... I guess I am being greedy.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Lord's Day. God bless you all.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:09 PM   #27  
Quit counting at 45!

Way to go on the losses, ladies!! I maintained my weight again this week. I thought I would lose but I ate too much at a friend's house last night.

We've been busy sorting through things and packing. We still don't know what date we get our house but I'm trying to be really patient about it. The couple selling the house has 2 young children and it's easier for us to find a temporary place to live than it would be for them.

I find out tomorrow if I get the job or not. The manager called me on Friday and said it's between myself and another lady. They do have 2 positions posted so hopefully I will get one of them. It would be so good to have a job waiting for me instead of having to search when I get there. Please pray!

I have a very important prayer request for you. A guy we know was in a very serious vehicle accident and is doing very poorly. Please pray for healing for him. He took a turn for the worse this a.m. after coming through surgery really well. He's only 23 years old and has so much to live for. DH left early today so he could go see him in the hospital tonight. The family is devastated by this. Thanks!

Well, I should go get something done. Take care!
Old 12-02-2002, 10:15 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry MONDAY

GOOD MONDAY MORNING-- to all of you!
I am home today doing chores, my next project starts tomorrow so that means I had a whole week off with Thanksgiving and all. Boy it sure went fast. With the extra time off of work plus Thanksgiving dinner and leftovers I managed to put on 4 pounds. All the eating out at my step-d's soccer tournament didn't help either!! Good thing I did the race and the wife and I did a couple of other 3 mile walks during the week.
My son got home safe from his trip to the state championship for the cross-country team he coaches. His team came in 8th in the large school division so they were pretty happy about that, they had been ranked 6th in the state this year but fell out when some of the boys decided to "mess" around at practice-- they were held out of a big race and the team lost--learned a great lesson though!!
Church was good yesterday- one of our members' dad is a pastor in another state-- he came for his grandsons baptism and gave the sermon. The little boy is 6 months old and has had several heart surgeries, one more and he should be in the clear. This was a baptism to recognize an emergency one he had at birth-- the drs. didn't think he would live.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:34 AM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry I"M BACK!!!

I didn't want to lose post I just hate that-- Anyway service was nice. After, my wife and I sat with my ex and sold tickets to our raffle and progressive dinner we are putting on this Sunday-- I am going to be really busy the end of this week.
SHERRY I am sorry to hear you are sick-I hope this finds you feeling better I know what you mean about the weather changes- we have had all the same here with rain, wind, sunshine, overcast, etc. Makes it exciting-- ya never know what the day will bring-- at my step-d's tourney we were in tee shirts, then sweatshirts, then back to tees then rain gear then sweats, etc for the whole week-end.
ZOE - I have to put up the Thanksgiving decorations today (orders from the boss ) and get out the Christmas decorations. You are way ahead of me-- good for you!! Hey 1 pound is a LOSS no matter how you look at it
WILMA - I hope you got/get the job that is available today that you want. I am also praying for your friend. We had an incident in our town last week-- two boys, 16 and 18-- I don't know them-- were loading stage sets on a truck (volunteers for our local drama group) and a drunk driver hit them-- the wreck took off 1 leg of each boy It was such a sad story. One good thing though is that amazingly one of the boys is a christian ( not sure of the other-- he hadn't done interviews yet) Any way the 18 year old was already doing interviews with the t.v. and paper people 2 days after it happend-- being drivin' all over the hospital in his wheelchair saying what tradgedys happen from drunk drivers and how he is going to continue acting and helping and saying how thank-full he was to have faith!! How awesome is that- anyway I know it may set in and his days will be bad at times at least he has support from NUMBER 1!!
Well off to chores-- Hi to everyone that hasn't posted-- can't wait to hear from you--In Christ-Gary
Old 12-02-2002, 04:43 PM   #30  

Red face Monday afternoon

Good Afternoon My Friends!!!!!

How is everyone this afternoon? I'm am so tired. I spent all night trying to breathe and every time I laid down I started coughing and couldn't breathe. It was a very long frustrating night. :crying: I tried to get in to see the Dr but the earliest appt was Wed, so I made that one. I hate not getting in to see Drs when you are really sick. I switched from my other Dr in Sept cause when I was sick I would have to wait 2-3 days to see him and now this one is doing the exact same thing. The day is now catching up with me, and I'm yawning

GARY~ Good to see you here today. Sorry about the gain but it's really hard when you are forced to eat out alot, because you NEVER know what is really in the food you eat and the fat calories, Thank goodness you did get in your exercise!!! You are still an inspiration!!!! Yeah, I start out nearly every morning with a coat and then switch to a jacket later, then off with the jacket, on with the jacket later and then where's the coat? Plus, the sweet little old folks I go see are very cold natured and run their gas heaters till they are ORANGE!!!! And they are comfortable and I'm stripping off. LOL

WILMA~ You know if it's God's will for you to get this job you will. I know it's easier said then done, this waiting, but you know . . . . . . . .whatever he has for you will be the best. But just between you and me, I hope you get it too. You bet we will pray for the young man that had the accident. It's very difficult at that age for something so serious to happen. Nineteen years ago last month I loss a 22 year old husband from a bad accident. He lived 32 hours in a coma. It was terrible!!!! My heart goes out to the family and the young man. They are all in my prayers!!! Hey Wilma, keep looking up . . . . . .your answer will come soon.

ZOE~ Hey there!!! So you got your Christmas decorations all done. Good for you. My dh and oldest dd got all ours on the outside of the house up this weekend. I didn't feel well so we still have the harvest fall theme on the inside. Soon. . . . . . very soon . . . . .I'll catch up. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ONE LB LOSS!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

SUE~ The last we heard from you, you were off to work. I hope you have got to come home before now. Check in when you can. We miss you!

EVERYONE~~ We miss you all, please check in when you can!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good evening!!! And a good Tuesday!!! Wish me luck I have a bad Anatomy and Physiology exam!! But only 3 more classes this year!!!!!
Closed Thread