Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 05:21 PM   #76  

Hey I got an idea, you guy move down here. That would be great. We could all sit around and eat Angie's donuts have Noelle do one of those Hawaiian pig roast and Chris can counsel us. I bet Jenn and I could really get into that senario. lol
Old 12-05-2002, 06:23 PM   #77  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Kempy that sounds like a plan! and I don't even need to dig a hole in your back yard to cook the pig...i found a recipe that uses a crock pot--those ancient hawaiians would be turning over in their graves if they only knew. and for a special effect, maybe I can build a volcano for you complete with real lava (remember Peter Brady?) to give you the real hawaiian luau feeling. oh boy i could go on and on, but i won't (heehee)
Old 12-06-2002, 10:59 AM   #78  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Angry My good news

I started this summer out in a size 12 shorts, by the time summer was over I had totally outgrown a size 14. Today for fun I figured I would see if I could fit into the 14's yet. THEY WERE TO BIG!!! I figured what the ****, I might as well try the 12's then. THEY FIT. They were tight still but they do fit.

I stopped buying real jeans when I outgrew a 12. I figured I wouldn't get any bigger if I refused to buy bigger jeans. LOL
They are smaller than my 12 shorts so hopefully soon I will be wearing real jeans again. YEAH!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:01 AM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, I have always wanted to go to a pig roast. My mom's best friend used to go to Hawaii every year and said the pig was so tender it would just fall apart. YUMMY!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 12:01 PM   #80  

Noelle can you be on the next flight out? I would love to hear all about how it is over there. I have never been. The farthest out I have gone is Catalina Island off of CA. It was great but I was ready to get back to Cali. (That would be a good song hehe)

Angie I am the same way with my clothes. I stop buying them at 12. Boy somtime I have to struggle to get them on. I lay down on the bed to zip them up and when I stand up I have a shar pei puppy around my waist. Boy that does wonders fro my self esteem.

Is every one having a good day. I am so cold I am having a hard time typing. I thought it would warm up my fingers but I am just making alot of mistakes. I keep trying though.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:25 PM   #81  
Finally Fit!

HI, Here at work, people are miserable. Today's my boss's last day, and we're just blah. ALso, I didn't get breakfast into me, so I"m irrtated and tired. Now we're heading out to the Staff Appreciation Luncheon, and i"ll probably eat a hole in the place. man, at least it's Friday. I'd love to have a Pig Roast. Sounds delicious! I'd love to eat a good meal in Hawaii.

We're still digging outta the snow here. Its now slushy and slippery. SO, after yesterday's snow in, today's the dig out, slip on your *** day. Yee Ha. There's always the weekend. We're planning to go to Williamsburg on Sunday for the Grand Illumination. Big fancy dinner, great hotel stay (one night), and walk through the christmas dislays every where. SHould be fun. We're still tired from thanksgiivng, and hrere we go again!
Old 12-06-2002, 12:38 PM   #82  

Are you close to Williamsburg? I was born in Fredricksburg, VA. Are you close to that?
Old 12-06-2002, 02:02 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

Hey, I wanna join the size 12 and under club too. I guess my "initiation" would be to first lose 40 more lbs. I gotta keep on truckin'. It must be all that kalua pig I've been eating (haha).
And you wonder why the hawaiians invented the muumuu--it was to accommodate their expanding girth after all those luaus.

Angie, how cool is that? Congratulations on conquering the size 14's and entering the size 12's again. I'm jealous, but I'm happy for you. As my husband and I were out walking yesterday I was commenting to him how after I lost these 15 lbs I went from a size 18 tight to a size 18 very loose. I guess I was denying that I may have actually been a 20 (gasp!). I have a couple of pairs of 16's in my closet, which was my normal size before I had the kid. Tried to get one on the other day, OMG my calves could barely get through. I quickly shoved them into the back of the closet again. I will dig them up in another 20 lbs. Since I'm short, I carry most of my weight around my middle and legs. Do you know how hard it is to find anything over a 16 in a petite length? That's why I love shopping on the mainland. I don't know why these Hawaii retailers don't get the message that we have a lot of short, fat people here. Kemp, you'd be considered fairly tall for a woman in Hawaii. In fact, I'm only 5' 3" and I was the 3rd tallest woman in my office. There were 7 of us ladies and the other 2 who were taller than me were only 5' 4" and 5' 5" --the rest were 5' or under....I felt quite tall next to them.

Chris, you're right about us having some real great food out here. We've got all kinds--a lot of Asian influence too. And no snow whatsoever in Honolulu. Great food, sunny 90% of the time, no extreme temperature changes...don't you all just wanna come out here instead? Maybe we could time share or something. I've always wanted to visit the east coast. The farthest I've been that way was to Chicago, IL and New Orleans, LA (aside from Little Rock, AR which I don't remember anything worth a darn).
Old 12-06-2002, 02:37 PM   #84  

Noelle yo were right by me when you came to New Orleans. I live about 45 min. from there. In fact that is where I am going shopping tonight. I think the idea of moving to Hawaii is better than everyone coming here. Don't worry about the clothes size thing. You are on your way to a smaller you as we speak!
Old 12-06-2002, 03:18 PM   #85  
so close, yet so far...

I loved New Orleans or "Nawlins"--another mecca of unbelievable food. I'd love to visit again maybe this time of year since it's cooler. I was there in July 98 and it was 95 degrees at 8 am and humid! I'm used to hot temperatures but at home we've got the tradewinds to cool us off. Great place though, so much history. Have fun shopping.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:45 PM   #86  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, I think we should all come live with you. LOL The farthest I have ever been is New Hampshire, How sad is that??? Well, New York when I ran away as a teenager but if your in a truck or trying to hitch a ride back it doesn't count. haha. The stupid things I have done!!!!Now I just pray my kids don't find out about any of the crap I pulled as a teen.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:09 PM   #87  
Finally Fit!

We're about 5hours from Williamsburg. The trip is supposed to help 'bridge the gap" between my husband and his father's girlfriend, who are arch enemies for years. It's a getting to know you moment, Hubby's terrified that it'll be a bore, and worried the girlfriend will either ignore him or treat him poorly. I say, get over it, and have a good time. If he loves her, be happy for him.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:14 PM   #88  
Finally Fit!

Ladies, we outta start a new thread here... we're on a long line, and we outta start over again. I'll start another one, and look for me at the same area. Ciao!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:18 PM   #89  
Finally Fit!

Don't laugh, but I called the new thread Ya Ya's. See you guys there.
Closed Thread