Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/128/119

Height: 5'3"

Default Vacation (5 weeks!) question

Hello,
I will be going on vacation next week for a total of five weeks. I will be in Tokyo for a week, Bali for 10 days and in Thailand for the remainder of the time. I'm terrified of what will happen weight wise while I'm there. As of today I have lost 80lbs in 7 months. In the last month and a half I've cut my carb intake considerably and sort if by accident really. I still eat fruit, but no bread, pasta or rice and this is why I'm worried.

I plan on working out everyday like I do now and sticking to not eating past 6 and not snacking. However I want to have a vacation and not limit myself completely so I can really enjoy being in other countries. I plan on eating noodle bowls and some rice dishes but will only allow myself to do this once a day and only eating a small serving and try not to eat any carbs for dinner. I'm not sure if brown rice and noodles will be as easy to come by either but aain I'm not planning on binge eating like my old self -moderation all the way! If I start eating a moderate serving of carbs will this make me gain a bunch of weight? I'm also afraid that eating out for every meal will make me gain a ton of weight. I will stick to eating fresh foods and local foods but I know each region I'm visiting uses a lit of sodium and I will see my weight fluctuate. I will stick to drinking my 100-140oz of water a day to help.

I'm really hoping not to gain and try to just maintain until I get back and then it's back to my diet/plan/goal.

I also would like to know if my body will be able to pick up where I left off after five weeks. I've never been on a diet so I'm not familiar with taking a semi-break. Will the time off maintaining screw up my chances of returning to a 10-12lb weight loss a month? Will I be able to just start again without any consequences?

By the time we leave i will be 159 an I'll have 45lbs to go and I really am scared of screwing it all up. We bought these tickets either a week before or a week after we started this diet journey and I honestly didn't think I would last this long and that's why it's almost in the middle of my diet timeline.

Any feedback is appreciated!!!!!

Does anyone have any experience with this that they could share?

Last edited by mca10; 01-04-2011 at 03:00 AM.
mca10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 AM   #2  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I am a North American living in Asia and I just got back from spending my Christmas vacation in Tokyo.

Te great news is that most Asian food is super healthy. Sure they often use rice and noodles as a base, but the majority of everything else is super healthy. Fresh fish, vegetables galore? You can fully enjoy eating new things without eating a ton of carbs, I assure you. There are also a lot of protein only dishes, if that's your thing.

Now, I have been living here for about 3 months and I haven't lost weight because I have been eating crappy north american snacks and drinking on top of all the healthy food. So as long as that's not your issue you should me set!

Enjoy, and if you do want to indulge in the carbs a little bit - go for the tempura in Tokyo. So amazing! On the super delicious healthy end: sushi and sashimi!

Have a great time!
ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/128/119

Height: 5'3"

Thank you! That's great to hear. I don't drink alcohol to begin with and I dot eat poultry, beef or pork even before I started my diet I never ate western fast food. So I know that won't be a problem for me at all because I will avoid all western food as soon as I land. Im mostly concerned about going from no pasta/rice/bread to having a little almost everyday and eating out for almost every meal. Ish -Did you gain at all in Tokyo and did you try sticking to your diet? Was it hard ordering without an English menu? Thanks so much for your insight!
mca10 is offline   Reply With Quote