Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Anna, isn't it New York state law that chain restaurants must list calories on their menus? If not, a lot of big restaurants list specific nutrition information on their websites so you can track sodium (a big one), carbs, fat, protein blah blah.

3FC is an excellent support system. We're all buddies here!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I agree with krampus, 3fc is amazing because there's always at least one person (usually many people) who can relate to your struggles and successes. Everyone here is going through the same thing. Stick around here and check regularly and I guarantee you will gain a ton of knowledge and be successful. Good luck to you in your weight loss efforts!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #18  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey, I was born in upstate NY! My family fell off the boat from Germany and stuck in upstate NY, so I have lots of family still there. They're all in Elmira, Syracuse and Buffalo.

This is a great and supportive place! It's extremely informative. You'll learn so much about yourself and about how your body works. I think you're off to a fantastic start!

I want to share my own little "secret" to my success. My problem with weight loss was never that I couldn't lose weight but that I the weight was always too slow for me so I'd quit. Then one day I got really curious about where I could be in a year's time if I just didn't give up. So I made a commitment to be on plan for one year without any excuses. Once I did that, the scale lost all its power and the weight loss was relatively easy.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #19  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Anna, Eliana has the right idea! Small permanent changes can be life changing! Commit to it. When I started, I decided that I was only able to commit to small, incremental changes--baby steps. When I had one good habit in place, I would add another. It sounds like you are off to a great start by adding a good breakfast. Stick around here! The support on this board has been instrumental ( I cannot stress it enough.) to my success and it will be to yours too.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 343/338/150

Height: 5'3

I am so excited. I stepped on the scale for the first time since 12/6 and i went from 343 to 338. I lost 5 pounds!! That really brings home to me that the small changes, not buying soda, counting calories and actually measuring portion sizes, is working!!! I am happy. Last night i ended up eating a grilled chicken sandwich and apple slices, minus the caramel, from mcdonalds last night. Tonight i am going to try a stroganoff recipe i found. We'll see what happens. Thanks so much. It means alot to me.
annalobdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #21  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I am a very emotional eater as well. Some days are better than others. I have learned to try to work through my feelings instead of reaching for food. Sometimes when I am sad, upset, or angry about something I make myself think about it and why I am feeling that way and I try to get rid of the feeling by working through it and not grabbing something to eat. It can be very, very difficult and it doesn't always work, but it's getting better. Good luck to you!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #22  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Congrats on the 5 pounds Anna!

Search around the 3fc's site and you will find lots of "rooms" for various topics and issues specific to certain people (weight, age, interests, etc.). It is a fun place and we are all here to support each other.

YOU CAN DO IT!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote