Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #16  

Eating too little can bring your weight loss to a halt. Try for 1200 calories a day and eat a nutritious mix of lean protein, dairy, healthy fat, vegetables, fruits and complex carbs. Most granola bars are little better than a candy bar. You could take a hard boiled egg if you need portability, some raw veggies and a piece of fruit for lunch at school.

You are doing very well. I weigh every day, but I can handle the fluctuations. Just do what seems right to you, but if it bothers you to see the scale up and down, don't weigh more than once a week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/136/115

Height: 5'3

thank you everyone.
missmandiex0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #18  
...Still going...

S/C/G: 164kg/ticker/77kg

Height: 5'11

Hey miss mandie. I started losing weight in august 2010 and my weight loss since then is 32kg or 70pounds and you know what, about 99% of people who know me cannot tell the difference. Believe me when you've lost this much and no one notices it absolutely sucks. That and I'm literally only a size down. I started wearing a tight 26, most of my jeans didn't fit. To a loose 24. I myself find it hard to notice like most of the other previous posters have touched on. I hope one day I look in the mirror and think "wow, you look great".
Thebeautyandthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #19  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hang in there! Like everyone else said, 16 pounds is great! It is nearly impossible to see changes in yourself as you see yourself every day . It is a bit easier to "see" progress in the mirror. Also, have you noticed that your clothes fit differently? Perhaps you can take some measurements with a tape measure and see where you have lost inches.

Please keep it up! You are doing awesome and you will eventually be able to see the changes yourself. Keep taking progress photos and measurements and count all of the NSV like clothing size changes
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #20  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm in almost the same boat as you. I started the summer at 224 and am now 201. There were some friends I hadn't seen since this summer and NOBODY commented at all.

It's frustrating but I can certainly feel my clothes fitting better (I've actually dropped a size or so) and I try and make a point of looking at old pictures of myself and comparing them to what I see in the mirror. For instance, I had a picture from about a year ago and I had HUGE belly! More recent pictures of myself show it to be much flatter. I still have a ways to go but I'm working at it.

I'd like to reiiterate what PP's say. Add in whole foods, cut out the granola bars etc. I know how hard it is as a student to plan these things so big hugs to you! Maybe try and bake some healthy snacks on the weekend and bring them with (stuff like boiled eggs, cheese sticks, fruit/veggies also work well). Good luck!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #21  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Well done for doing so well! Do not be discouraged. Just think how well you are doing for losing weight and loving and caring you are being to yourself! It is fantastic! Keep up the good job because one day, the day will come and you will be able to see dramatic changes and don't give up now because you are worth it! And if you keep on going, one day you will be in a better place than today! If you don't, then that day will never come. You are not alone, there are many of us who are doing this together, we stumble a little, fall down, get up but we carry on one more time and it is worth it!
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #22  

thank you all =). i just need to learn to be more patient, and not be so hard on myself.

another question, has anyone ever tried hydroxycut max? ive heard good and bad things, how did it work for you? if i did take it, it would just be a helper. i will still continue to work my butt off at the gym! and deffinetly watch what i eat. i just feel like it would help me more.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #23  

Default good ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
I weigh everyday. I need that accountability. I only count a pound as lost after seeing the same number 2 days in a row. I like to know what is going on and adjust my eating appropriately. If I am staying the same weight then I try to make adjustments... am I drinking enough water? did I eat something salty? too much meat clogging me up? Sometimes I up my fluid intake to clean my system or have a veggie day with no meat or drink a cleansing teas at bedtime if I have to get things moving. Hope that helps.
I like your ideas. They are very helpful.
ptsmith59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #24  

Default WOAH. I took your advice's !!

I just compared pictures, holy CRAP.

Even though I am still not seeing 'every' change in the mirror, take a look at what I do see!!
P8260309.jpg -- 217
0114111633-1-1.jpg -- 193

wow, seeing this makes me realize i am doing a GREAT job. i would have never thought to look at old pictures without complaining to you guys, hehe.

thankyou
Old 01-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

You look FANTASTIC! Amazing!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #26  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

WOW! All I can say is WOW!!!! I can see a really big difference between the two photos! You are doing awesome!!! Remember, the scale only tells us part of the story and a lot of times, it may not budge, but you may still be getting smaller. Clearly, you are shrinking! Wooohooo!!!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Never mind, I see someone already advised you to do pics! You look GREAT!!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 01-15-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #28  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I tried hydroxycut max a while ago, and it was AWFUL! I felt jittery all the time, and had to quit taking it. Natural and healthy foods and exercise is the only way I'll tackle weight, ever again.
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote