Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #1  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lightbulb Grateful and thankful musings on weight loss

I've been thinking about this weight loss journey over the last couple of days. As disappointed as I've been with myself for gaining the weight in the first place, I think it's made me more grateful and thankful for what I have.

I remember when I weighed 155lbs, I constantly complained about my body. I didn't know how good I had it! Now, that I'm fighting my way back from 261, with each pound lost, I'm learning to be grateful and thankful for each new low. I think this journey has taught me a lot and while not easy, I'm thankful for the lesson and the new outlook on life.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm happy I gained all the weight and have to work hard to get rid of it. But, I see the silver lining and appreciate the lessons that come with hard work and a new perspective. I feel like I've grown as a person through this journey.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but I thought I'd share anyway.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

I agree. I think I'll appreciate it more this time around. And hopefully I'll take more care of myself and my body so this doesn't happen again!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I feel like this every day and I actually AM glad I gained the weight. I'm very thankful to have had the experience. I appreciate so much more about life than I did before. Like you, I complained when I was a very low weight and thought I was fat. I needed to learn what really fat was in order to appreciate what I have now.

The little things in life give me such joy now. The simple pleasure of hopping out of bed, lacing my shoes, bending over and sitting in any and every chair. I find pleasure in squeezing easily between cars sometimes without even turning sideways! I find joy in climbing stairs, running miles, trying on clothes, and just being seen in public.

I've learned so much about myself and about others. I know how to treat people who are obese and I know that obesity and laziness do not necessarily go hand in hand. In fact, I believe anyone who is obese can NOT be lazy because it takes so much effort just to move!

Great post. This is an excellent reminder.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I was thinking about this at an office Christmas party Friday night. The last time I was this weight I was in my 20's and so dissatisfied with my weight that I would feel frumpy and/or disgusted with myself for not dropping 20 lbs in time for the party...

Instead I had selected a dress appropriate for the size I am now, not one I wished I was and felt both comfortable and attractive the entire evening. Funny to finally have body acceptance at age 51 but glad I did finally get it!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #5  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Gratitude is an excellent lesson to have learned and one that can be applied to all aspects of life. Thanks for the reminder
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #6  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Great post! It is critical that we love ourselves for who we are, and that love doesn't mean a number on the scale.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote