Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/153/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Moving on up!

Yes, sad but true, I have been gaining weight over the last 3 weeks since beginning my workouts and eating changes. I read the sticky on weight gains, etc. and while that is comforting...it still sucks to see the number going in reverse.

My clothes don't feel like I'm gaining, so I guess I just wanted to rant a little. I am a BF momma to an almost 2 yr old, so I can't do anything super drastic NOR would I want to - but I hoped to see a little progress on the scale by now.

On the flip side, I *feel* the muscle burn and I know that is a gooood thing! One day soon, everything will catch up and I'll see the progress - I just know it.

Thanks for listening LOL!
bullylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I'm still at 134 when I started back on my weightlifting program 6 weeks ago (I had a baby not long ago). You're doing great - the scale truly lies when you introduce an exercise program (water retention, etc), just keep focused on your workouts and you will start to see the downward trend.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/147

Height: 5'-2"

I have been working with a personal trainer for 4 weeks now. I too have been frustrated I have not lost much weight, I havent gained at this point but I feel your pain.

He told me it will catch up, and it might take a month or two but it will drop. If your clothes arent fitting tighter than something must be working, you are building muscle. Try measuring yourself instead of stepping on the scale. I took measurements week 1 and last night, week 4. I have only gone down about one and half lbs in that time but I have lost 1 inch in almost all areas of my body. While I would love the scale to move my body is changing and Im hoping the increased muscle will help my metabolism and I will eventually see the lbs go away.
skigirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/153/170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ladies. Yes, I need to do the measurements. I am tracking my progress both ways...I just happened to be putting the scale away this morning from my toddler dragging it out and I decided to step on it...BAD! Just say no! Ha Ha.
bullylady is offline   Reply With Quote