Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Happy to here you have refocused. Hang in there.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #17  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Hope today has ended well for you TooManyDimples! Don't let anything your husband says make you feel pressure to be thin. I am sure he is just being encouraging, and you probably know that. Don't worry about being thin, maybe just worry about making healthy decisions. That is tricky enough, but if you are back to planning meals, that is the right step. Don't buy junk for the house and just keep trying to stay on plan, one meal at a time. Maybe don't worry about your weight, just worry about being healthy. Maybe then you won't feel pressure to lose weight. Just take it one healthy meal at a time!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #18  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i have days where i want to 'eat the furniture' as they say. i've noticed sometimes this happens right after a new lowest weight, a really cool nsv. like you were saying. this has happened quite a few times now though. so it doesn't alarm me so much. it depends what we have, but i try to make really good choices. legumes, greens, veggies. lots of things i can eat a huge amount of, nothing like i used to, but alot without doing much damage. i try to remember how far i've come and read these forums all the time. it passes, soon i'm having an 'easy' day again.

and exercise and other stuff to do is important too.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #19  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
I really don't know what my problem is. I feel like this always happens though. I've reached a new low weight. I haven't seen 235 in a long time, my husband is gushing about how great I look and says something along the lines of, "I'm loving this new body, keep it up." And for some reason that's when I start going backwards. I don't know if that has a negative effect on me and I feel like the pressure is too much and it's just easier to be fat.
There were times during my journey that I had those feelings. I would see a new low on the scale and sort of panic--it still does happen sometimes. I'm trying to retrain my thinking to accept the new lower weight without hoovering up all of the food in the house.

I'm glad you are back on track. It's clear that seeing lower weights is scary to both of us. For me, my fat was like a protective outer coating--a way to keep people away, even my husband. I'm an adult survivor of sexual abuse so sex can be tricky for me. To the outside world I appear kind of bada@@ and very sure of myself but inside I'm a puddle of mush. DH knows that and is very nurturing luckily. When I'm really struggling foodwise I try to treat myself very gently. I pamper myself with bubble baths, a good book or movie in bed with clean sheets--you get the idea.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #20  
~Kim~

Getting through yesterday was definitely a good start. I'm feeling back on game today. Super thankful for that. Hopefully this is the start to another long streak of doing great, and another bump in the road is a long way off.. =}

Thanks again everyone.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote