Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 251.2/243.6/180

Height: 5'6

when someone is insecure, they look to other people to make themselves feel better!!

When I read your post I automatically looked at your height and weight, and I am sure you look AMAZING!!! Obvioudly your dad has some problems, that he does not want to face, so turns the attention on to you with those remarks....I am sorry about that and it sucks as that will stick in your head ( my mom is like that) even when you know it is not true!!! Keep your chin held high, and know you are better then him!!! and you do look AMAZING!!!!!!!! =)
Lori74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Grrrr! I would be so pissed off! I would have brought to his attention that weight gain often starts with genetics. No doubt - you cannot possibly be fat at your height and weight! Even if you had so little muscle tone that you could barely hold yourself upright, you still wouldn't look "big." I hope you don't take his comments to heart.
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I would respond with "I am 5 foot 7 and and uner 130 pounds, putting me in a healthy weight range for my height and build. I've worked hard to get here, and I'm not going to let anyone's ridiculous and petty comments take that away from me" Lets him know to butt out, and speaks a good affirmation to yourself. Plus, you're not fat.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I really appreciate the support and kind words. I think that might be the best thing to say Nola_Celeste

I took it bad since it was my Dad who made me start worrying about my weight when I was pretty young, cue 8 years of dysfunctional dieting.

I'm not blaming him, I made the choices I did, but I can't help but feel a tad of resentment still.

I'm still not able to see myself as slim, through the fear that I might be too fat and disappoint my family. I felt unlovable as a child, so I've always felt I had to strive to be thin so people would love me.

On the bright side, I had 2 work colleagues refer to me as 'tiny' today, whilst I may not agree, it was nice to hear after that
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #20  
Don't Give Up

S/C/G: 235/182.4/?

Height: 5'4

Wow-sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I just started a blog related to this in fact. My dad was really hard on me growing up particularily about my body. So I really feel for you when I read this. By the way you are not even close to fat! You're skinny. What is your dad thinking???? What next? You'll be a skeleton?

I read things like this and it's so frustrating. It makes me think that maybe my little blog may be able to actually help people who are dealing with things just like what you are going through because I can tell you right now what he said isn't the truth. You have a whole bunch of people telling you that you look beautiful and that your father is wrong. He is lying to you. You look beautiful and healthy and for whatever reason he can't admit that.

All my best to you. I thought I'd include my blog if you ever feel like reading up on the topic.http://phoenixfitgirl.blogspot.com/
SweetTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #21  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Here's my thought since it is a FACT you are not fat. I'm sorry he said that.

Is it possible what you were wearing was just a size too small? Or the fit wasn't right for your body? Could that be what he meant, but worded stupidly as men will sometimes do? I'm just wondering because his comment was just THAT off base.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

I would be trilled to be at your weight. I do remember when I was at the same weight and also thinking I was fat. That fat thinking got me to where I am now, because I just obsessed over the fact that I thought I was fat. I believe in the law of attraction. So if I think thin, act thin, I will be thin. If my mind thinks I'm thin, then the body just has to catch up and vice versa.

Your mind has to catch up with your thin body. Keep wearing those clothes and maybe just point out that the comments are not welcomed. Compliment other people who are looking good and losing weight and in return the universe will give them back to you, maybe even from your dad. :-)

Last edited by ja2ma6lee; 12-07-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: grammar errors
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

ughhh aren't dad's just great sometimes. I feel like they may not even realize how hurtful the things they say can be on their daughters. i STILL remember being 9 or 10 years old in a bikini and hearing him tell my mom "but she has the body of a 13 year old! she shouldn't wear that!" and silently crying. i blew up on him once when he made a comment after i gained 20 lbs studying abroad, literally flew into a rage screaming and stormed out... and that was the last comment he's made about my weight!! haha
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote