Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #1  
~Kim~

Default Fair warning, PMS and TOM related post. =)

I'm just wondering if losing weight has effected anyone's TOM.

My period has always been irregular. Usually coming between 5 and 6 weeks apart. Somtimes more, hardly ever less. And I usually get pretty serious PMS the week before it starts.

Last month I started on the 5th. I got completely surprised with it starting today. I usually know it's coming because of the PMS. Not one single symptom though.

I would absolutely love to think that losing the weight is helping get my hormones under control and that the PMS symptoms might really be reducing.

How has losing weight effected it for you?
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Yes. For YEARS when I was morbidly obese my periods got further and further apart. 5 weeks, maybe 6 or 7. Quite irregular. After losing weight I am every 4 weeks like clockwork. Very predictable. I am sure losing weight is good for our hormone balance
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

My periods got lighter and closer together as well. Now I am every 28-29 days like clockwork, and no more gushing blood and awful PMS... It's all gotten more mild.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Mine are closer together as well
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #5  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

My periods were super irregular for years, excepting the times my doctor put me on birth control to help regulate things. There'd be times when they'd be eight weeks apart, then other times they'd show up after three weeks. But the past few months, they've been much more regular, 28-30 days apart. I got used to being able to predict when they'd show up too, but I started taking vitex to help with the PMS a couple months ago and now the PMS is lessened (due to that or the weight loss, who knows) and it's harder to tell, but I can still guess based on the 28-30 days between them. The periods are definitely lighter and less painful too.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #6  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Mine are still irregular, but I have noticed that while irregular, and still bad and heavy, not AS bad and heavy. I am not laid out for a week like before. Working out during TOM is still an impossible feat, but before standing during some days was equally impossible.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

If you need another reason to lose weight and keep it off, this is it. Talk about incentive! If the PMS is better, that alone will help you stay on plan.
Yes indeed you are right, regular weight helps regular cycles.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #8  
~Kim~

Well hopefully it works out that way for me. The PMS was getting bad... really bad. My husband and I would end up in a fight every month because of my moods. I was starting to think I might have to get on meds or something for it. If just losing the weight is going to help with that then yes, it's definitely a great incentive! =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #9  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

My PMS use to last for about
six or seven days. Now I'm
surprised it's only been lasting
about three or four days. But
it's still quite irregular.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:50 AM   #10  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

My TOM is a work in progress. For the first couple months into losing some weight it didn't seem to change. Still ~35 days apart, heavy, blech. After that couple months, it was 28-30 days, HEAVY, and OMG I was a beast with the PMS. This last month it was about 30 days and I wasn't nearly as intolerable to be around as the previous couple months. I am hoping that the hormones really start to settle out as I continue to lose. Then again, I'm almost 40 so I don't really know what changes to expect with age, either.

I am finding it really interesting, even though TOM just sux!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #11  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Mine is totally different. I have less cramps but I get more nauseated (I actually thought I could be pregnant a few times because it was so bad!). My period actually snuck up on me this time too (It's also my TOM right now).

It seems like my period is shorter too. I tend to get a lot of heavy flow and then it stops all of a sudden. Oh, and I have shorter cycles now too. I used to be 28 days like clockwork (even when I was skinny too) but now it's more like 24-26 days. I really wonder if it was all the sugar? Because even when I was skinny I ate a ton of sugar...
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote