Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #46  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Social situations and "surprise food" are still my downfall after all this time. Sometimes I do okay, and sometimes I don't. I just remind myself that one night of cheese, wine and crackers didn't make me heavy and get right back to it the next meal.

My eating is so planned and structured I am "on plan" by default probably 95% of the time. I know exactly what I'm eating (meals and snacks through Friday night, for example). Being so careful makes indulgences possible, as long as they are controlled (someone else's house, for example).

Ahh, you and me both, but I think for both of us, during the losing portion of our journeys' this was not the case. Maintenance - yes, losing - no. I could be mistaken Glory, if so I apologize.

Though one night of cheese and crackers didn't make me heavy, it was that kind of thinking that would not have allowed me to LOSE the weight.

If you factor in all those "just one nights", they add up in a big gigantic way.

-Thanksgiving
-Christmas work party among others
-Christmas Eve
-NEw YEars EVe
-New Years Day
-Super bowl party
-Valentines Day
-Easter
-Memorial Day
-Fourth of July
-Barbecues
-Birthdays, our own and family and friends
-Anniversaries
-Weddings
-business functions

That's just the tip of the iceberg.. Depending on what religion you are, there are loads more holidays... then there's just the regular weekend stuff. Yup, lots of "only one days"...

Quote:
Oh believe me Robin, I know I have to learn to control it no matter what situation I'm in. I definitely failed my first test, but I'm a work in progress and hopefully the longer I do this, the easier it will get
You'll get there. You most definitely will. And yes, it does get easier. You've got the control. It's there. You've just got to strengthen it. Each time you use it, it gets stronger and stronger. You'll also build confidence just knowing that you've "gotten through it one time". It's very empowering.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah - I was on plan during my actual weight loss. I "indulged" exactly twice - my birthday and Christmas day (and both times were controlled indulgences).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote