3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I've been on here for how long??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/218357-ive-been-here-how-long.html)

ebb&flow 11-29-2010 01:35 AM

I've been on here for how long???

I look over to the side of a post that I made earlier tonight and realized that my join date is on there. As of October I have been on 3fatchicks for 5 years! Basically a couple months after my first child was born. If you subtract the one year for the pregnancy of my second child, it still leaves 3-4 years. I feel like I should have joined the maintainer's forum by now. Is there anyone else on here who has been on that long? Why can't I make it up that hill that I keep trying to climb? I've been supposedly "losing weight" for 3 years, but have very little to show for it. 20 pounds in 3 years... that's just depressing.

glynne 11-29-2010 01:59 AM

Look at my stuff ~ you are not alone. Hang in there :hug:

RoseRodent 11-29-2010 04:15 AM

Hare and the tortoise. If you'd done nothing and carried on your old habits what would you weigh now, 3 years on? Based on my old rate of weight gain you'd probably be 240lbs - 180 is better, right?

kaplods 11-29-2010 04:56 AM

I've been here since 2003, and didn't start losing at all until 2005, and then lost 20 lbs without trying (after being treated for sleep apnea with a cpap machine) then spent two years maintaining that loss, but unable to lose more, and then only began actively losing again in the last two years or so.

It may not seem like a lot of progress, or very slow progress, but I wonder what my life would have been like without 3FC. Even the years I spent not losing, probably would have been spent gaining if it weren't for 3FC. Even "not gaining" was an improvement in my life.

When I look back at all the times I started and quit, I always quit when it felt like my progress was too slow too "count." Now I realize that it all counts. Losing slowly isn't a reason to give up. Not losing isn't a reason to give up. Heck, even gaining isn't reason to give up (though it would be a sign to consider a new plan).

So why didn't I "get that" much sooner. I don't know, but it doesn't matter. I'm here now, and that's all that does.

ringmaster 11-29-2010 05:56 AM

yes! I feel that way sometimes. I'm kinda embarrassed I've been here so long and haven't got down to my goal.. and I actually gained quite a bit back. I see people here a year or 2 and they make their goal. Just like Gayle's sig says "One day at a time ~ never giving up!!"

losinlish 11-29-2010 07:15 AM

You're down, so you must have established some good habits, right? I haven't been on this board for years, but have been on others, and have been up and down and all over town with my weight in the past five years or so. I think it would be better to establish stability, and good solid habits, rather than the erratic eating behaviors I seem to have.
Your are doing great, and should be proud of your 20lb loss! Statistically, your loss is much more likely to remain off than those who rapidly lose :)

Heather 11-29-2010 02:09 PM

BTW, did you know you can join the maintainer's forum any time? You don't have to have finished losing weight! In fact, it can be a great forum to learn about how to do this long term!!

They would love to see ALL of you!

readytobeme2010 11-29-2010 03:18 PM

more than 100% UNDERSTAND....it's time for us to break cycles...that's how I look at it...BREAKING CYCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!