"just tasting"

• This is going to be the hardest thing for me today! I love to cook. I have always loved to cook, and Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year, just as much for the cooking as for the eating.
    I am a nibbling cook. I constantly have to nag myself to not do that. I did all my pies yesterday, and aside from popping a blueberry into my mouth ( blueberry pie instead of pumpkin this year) I did fine. But not nibbling on the stuffing as I mix it it up, not dipping my finger into the deviled egg mixture. Oh yes..this will be more than nagging. I'll be screaming at myself to "STOP!!" all day long. I do plan on indulging more than my 1200 calories today, but the food that can go on my plate will be greatly reduced if I eat 400 calories in "sampling" before it even gets to the table!!
  • Sorry I didn't get to this when you needed it yesterday.

I'm a nibbling cook too! For me, I know I can't take that first nibble. If I can avoid the first I can avoid them all. If I take that first nibble, I am absolutely doomed.

Maybe try brushing your teeth before you cook and definitely have a glass of ice water handy.