Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Default How I know it's different

So, I've been back at tracking for a week or so, at 30-60 minutes of exercise for while, too, but just now I got the "oh, things have changed feeling."

I'm home from work, lunch was light and then I met a friend for an hour tromp through the woods and so I'm rather hungry. I had some toast, and then some egg salad on more toast. And I have a raging headache. I just about headed into the kitchen for one more slice of bread and said "stop, you have a headache. Bread does not cure headaches. Go get some ibuprofen and do some neck stretches."

I backed away from the bread and went in search of what could actually help me.

I seem to have eaten my dinner at 4pm, which is fine, and I have about 200 calories for something later if I need it.

Normally, I would have just had the bread. With butter, and then some more. And maybe a little more.

But with tracking I know my body has had the fuel it needs today.

Have you had moments like this where you could tell you had changed?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #2  
Naturally Curvy

S/C/G: 264/259.9/164

Height: 5'6"

Yay! That is awesome.

One of my 'change' moments came last year. I was very upset and at the shops. I took a step toward getting some chocolate covered chocolate thing or other, but then I stopped and thought, "That's not going to make anything better!" Then I walked away.

Only then did I realise what a huge step it was for someone who ALWAYS drowned emotions with food.
JMSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/157.5/130

Height: 5'1

That's awesome. It took me a while to learn to stop fighting with myself about foods I'm not suppose to eat lol. I just stopped craving and learned to go for the healthier stuff.
whatadiaryisfor is offline   Reply With Quote