Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Default Setting a Christmas Goal

I started losing weight in September and have made some small gains but not substantial gains. I want to motivate myself by creating a mini-goal. I need to make it public to hold myself accountable. Most of my family and friends who live in the area where I grew up have not seen me since before I started losing weight. My goal is to have at least one person say "hey you look like you've lost weight".

I know this goal may seem silly but it is important to me. I would also like to be down to 147-145 by Christmas. This means I really need to step up my efforts to stay on track.

The plan
- Follow my meal plan and stay with in my calories for the day
- make it to the gym at least 5 days a week (I see my trainer twice a week so that means 3 days on my own)
-stay away from temptation!!!

I am going to try and report back with my progress. Any ideas on how I can keep myself focused and on track would be more than welcome!
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #2  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

Height: 5'3"

You should get rid of any junk food in your house and focus mainly on reducing calories. I think your goal is totally obtainable. Lots of Luck Veela!

WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

That sounds like a totally do-able plan and goal! Good luck!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

I'm right there with you Veela! I too have the same goal to be 145 maybe even as low as 140 by Christmas. Please keep me posted. I have subscribed to this thread so we are now both accountable.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #5  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

your goal is completely do-able good luck! Im rooting for you!
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #6  

I have been to the gym everyday this week!! I will be going tonight as well. I have also been well within my calorie goal everyday which really helps to keep me going. I am trying to be really aware of what I am eating and have made a resolution to go to the gym everyday after work.

I bring all my gym stuff with me and then instead of getting off the subway and going home I stay on the couple extra stops and go straight to the gym. Going home between work and the gym has been my stumbling block but I think I have solved that problem!

I am taking tomorrow as a recovery day because I am seeing my trainer tonight and Saturday so Sunday and Thursday will be my two non-gym days this week.

Goals for the rest of the week

Stay within calorie goals
go to the gym both Friday and Saturday
Prepare some delicous snacks and meals ahead of time!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good luck
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/ticker/160

this is totally do-able
good luck babe
leopardtuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #9  

I am onto a new week and although I keep looking for excuses not to go to the gym I am not letting it happen. Today my track pants weren't dry so I brought them to work and hung them up in a closet.

Today I have pretty much planned out every morsel of food I will be putting into my mouth. I do not plan on straying from this. I have managed to give myself a couple tasty treats and stay within my calories. I am having a chicken caeser salad with my dinner tonight with very very light dressing and no croutons.

Tomorrow I have to work on replacing one of my fruits with some vegetables. I love fruit but know that I should have more veggies than fruit so this is my goal for the work. Work in at least 3 servings of veg everyday, goto they gym 5 times, and stay withing my calories everyday!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #10  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good job so far Veela and good luck!
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #11  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Your plan sounds great, but I worry about setting a "goal" that depends upon what other people do.

I mean, people are self-absorbed, don't always notice weight loss on others, don't always comment on it for any of a number of reasons.

So, my advice is, don't make "get someone else to say ..." your goal. Take what you've called your "plan" and make that your goal. That way, whether you meet your goal or not is entirely under your control. And you can certainly do it.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #12  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with carter. Having a goal based on someone else can be dangerous if that's your main motivation. That gives them control of how you feel and maybe how you act.

For an example, if that had been my goal, my room mate (who I see every single day) just recently noticed that I am losing weight. I went from over 200lbs down to my now 153.4lbs. Even I can see a difference, and that's difficult for me. If I had been depending on her for my goal, I'd have quit ages ago.

As Carter said, I think your plan should be your goal, and then if someone notices that'll be a nice perk! No one will appreciate your weight loss more than you, because you're the one who lives in your body.

Good luck!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #13  

You make a really good point. I also wonder about some of my family members who know I am trying to lose weight saying it just for that reason. I think I will focus more on getting down to 147 lbs and also staying on track with diet and exercise.

It is currently taking a lot of effort (not that I thought it would be easy I am talking about planning and time spent kind of effort) and I am not seeing the scale budge as much as I would like so we will see what happens.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

It takes time for your body to adjust to new ways. Sometimes the scale won't budge for two weeks after I have made a change.

I hit a new low myself last week which was 146.9 but I've gotten back up to 148 again. Too much stress right now that I am dealing with personally.

It's very hard when you are so close to your goal.

Keep going Veela! You're doing it the right way.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote