3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Crap, hopelessness, crap (help NEEDED) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/217854-crap-hopelessness-crap-help-needed.html)

chubbypanda 11-20-2010 03:10 PM

Crap, hopelessness, crap (help NEEDED)

I have been de-railed over the last week. My water intake sucks, I have not exercised except for walking during my lunch break, and my calories counting has gone awry (I have has quite a few meals over the last week with unknown calorie amounts).

I am scared to weigh myself, and the worst part is I feel INCREDIBLY demoralized. I was doing so well for that first month, and managed to knock out about 10 lbs. I keep telling myself I just have to go back to what I was doing, and that this feeling of despair is just in my head, all in my head, not all is lost to one bad week. But, God, THIS SUCKS.

I feel so bad, it seriously feels like I am depressed. I keep telling myself to just hit the water and proceed as normal, but it is so easy to feel sorry for myself and think of excuses to quit.

Any tips, chicks? Who has gone through this, who can tell me how they got out of it? And more importantly, does anyone have any hugs? :(

dragonwoman64 11-20-2010 03:20 PM

:hug: I would bet almost every one who's ever tried to lose some amount weight has gone through this.

it's establishing new habits and routines, a mind set, and sometimes gets even more complicated (emotional eating). so ups and downs are normal. hang in there, and make a plan you feel good about following. :)

skylinedrive 11-20-2010 03:56 PM

i am actually having the same problem. i was doing good with no fast food or pop and i lost quite a few lbs. but then i started working and didn't feel like doing anything. so i started eating crappy. but it's weird cause i thought i was gaining all my weight back but i actually lost like 2 lbs... so now i'm wanting to keep on going. i am constantly thinking of excuses.. i never want to work out because i get so bored and whatnot. going on this website everyday helps me a lot though. if i see other people losing weight i then realize that i can do it also. :) good luckk!

moon safari 11-20-2010 08:06 PM

You know what, weigh yourself. Face it head-on. Look that number straight and deal with your choices. I find that's the only way to get over the shame/disappointment/fear of failure. I step on the scale and admit to myself that yeah, I let myself get derailed and this is the result but I'm going to be strong, this backtracking as a consequence and I have to keep going.

You can dwell on it, you can be ashamed, but in the end the only way you can keep going is to acknowledge it with strength, learn from it, then push it out of your mind and move forward.

Rana 11-20-2010 08:33 PM

Been there! Just this past week too.

I think what works for me is to tell myself that I need to have perspective.

This is such a lifelong journey (my eating habits will get better, but will never go back to the way they were!) that it's okay that I didn't stick to plan, because I will today (or tomorrow).

So, drink your water. Don't beat yourself up. Make sure that the next meal you have is a healthy on-plan one, and that you've scheduled yourself for your next exercise session.

chubbypanda 11-21-2010 03:31 AM

Dang...

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon safari (Post 3577255)
You know what, weigh yourself. Face it head-on. Look that number straight and deal with your choices. I find that's the only way to get over the shame/disappointment/fear of failure. I step on the scale and admit to myself that yeah, I let myself get derailed and this is the result but I'm going to be strong, this backtracking as a consequence and I have to keep going.

You can dwell on it, you can be ashamed, but in the end the only way you can keep going is to acknowledge it with strength, learn from it, then push it out of your mind and move forward.

Dang, girl. You are right. I cannot keep my face turned away from that number.

Weigh in is first thing tomorrow. If I do not like what I see, well, I guess that will be a lesson learned the hard way. It will be a lesson regardless!

Thanks for the support, everyone! :^:

Arctic Mama 11-21-2010 05:28 AM

You were given wise advice. If you don't face it, you can't beat it. Don't give the scale more power than it deserves.

elisaannh 11-22-2010 10:12 AM

HUG! Yep....it can be so hard to do this, day in and day out. But that is the reality of it. how you feel about it all can really make or break your diet success. Instead of looking at it with gloom and doom, how about looking at it without judgment and without acting like a parent or a child?

Keep a journal. Write down things that happen and look for clues to your impulses to eat more than you need. Keep one promise to yourself...that you will count all calories no matter how few or how many. That way you stay in a consistent reality check. Not keeping count does not make the excess calories disappear or not count!

The truth of dieting or changing how we eat and relate to food, is that it takes commitment and hard work to get to our goals. Just can't sugar coat it.

But being angry or frustrated is OKAY! It's a part of the process. And asking for help is key to managing the overwhelming feelings. HUGS!!!! Keep on keepin on....