Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Low blood sugar woes

Well, break from weight loss is over, and thought I don't have a scale with me at college so I don't really know how much I weigh or how I'm doing, I'm starting again.

Problem is, that whenever I drop to 1200 calories from eating a bunch more suddenly, I feel terrible. Not hungry, just too lethargic to function, dizzy, moodswing-y, the like. Of course, the results are great, and I've never had any serious health problems, but it does reduce my productivity some, and tends to trigger panic attacks which I'd rather not have.

So you folks who know, am I doing something wrong that I can correct? Usually I have some mix of oatmeal and fruit for breakfast and lunch and something protein-y/fatty for dinner, like fish or pizza. I eat at a college dining hall, so it's tough for me to know the calories of most things, hence the oatmeal and fruit which is easy to calculate and contains both whole grains and vitamins. If you have any suggestions for more variety, though, I'd love them.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/235/150

Height: 5'8''

It doesn't really sound like you are getting enough nutrients. I keep my calories low, but eat a lot of vegetables and low calorie foods to keep my energy up. Oatmeal is great with fruit, add a big salad with lean protein at lunch (chicken or low fat cottage cheese) and keep a lot of variety in your meals. Its tough being at college and dieting, I remember! Don't be afraid of a little fat if you need a handful of nuts to keep your protein levels up (also they are a healthy fat and good for the brain). Good luck!
totesmcgotes is offline   Reply With Quote