3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Nov 9-14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/216950-nov-9-14-a.html)

slayrick 11-09-2010 04:01 AM

Nov 9-14

So currently at 222

Goal is 219 (brain cramp edit)

Tangentially, I will not stab my coworkers. I will resist setting buildings on fire. I will try not to decapitate my husband. I will not beat myself up and I will remember that I am blessed, worthy of forgiveness, have many options and am deeply loved by many people.

Word.

Lets do this.

Sunday 11-10-2010 05:12 AM

Go slayrick! You can do it - bring on Onederland!

slayrick 11-10-2010 05:43 AM

I meant 219 for the week...duh...to get out of the 220's...that is my goal...thanks for the love Sunday!

Shmead 11-10-2010 06:47 AM

If you stay perfectly on plan and "only" lose 2 lbs, is that going to make you angry? Frustrated? Feel like a failure? Because that could happen, and if you are going to react that way, you need a different plan. If, on the other hand, two pounds (or one pound, or half a pound) won't throw you off your game--it's a motivational goal but not a lot of emotion tied up in achieving it--then good luck and I hope it works.

toobig 11-10-2010 06:57 AM

Good luck!

I am not losing two pounds a week, but what the heck, the weeks are going to pass anyways and the small losses add up.

losinlish 11-10-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayrick (Post 3559858)

I will not beat myself up and I will remember that I am blessed, worthy of forgiveness, have many options and am deeply loved by many people.

Lets do this.

I hope I added this quote right - I absolutely love it:D! It's going to help me through my day today!

Sunday 11-10-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayrick (Post 3561705)
I meant 219 for the week...duh...to get out of the 220's...that is my goal...thanks for the love Sunday!

Ah I was wondering about that! You're very welcome. :) I liked your affirmations, BTW. They're the sort of things keeping me on track too.

Shmead you make a good point about motivational goals v ultimatums. I set 'best case scenario' goals for the week sometimes and if I meet them I'm happy, and if not, I try to see it as an opportunity to learn not to let the scale determine my mood!

Good luck, slayrick. :)

slayrick 11-10-2010 09:22 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys! Appreciated. Glad you liked the words losinlish. It was a hard weekend so I needed to remind myself of a few things. So just got off the scale and I am down to 220. So one.more.pound. over the weekend would be awesome (as opposed to my brain cramp goal of 199 a 23 lb weight loss!??!? over the week, people are like 'this girl is smoking crack') :)

And in response to Shmead's question...yes and no. I will pout for about five minutes, but I don’t think it will derail all efforts. The 'tick tock, this is going to take forever' factor does annoy me, but that is why I am here! You guys give me perspective!

Cheers for the posts!

slayrick 11-13-2010 12:40 AM

Wooooo!!!!

Done!

Sunday 11-13-2010 12:58 AM

:carrot: Yay, you did it! Go slayrick!