Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Angry I LOATHE HATE DESPISE Exercise!!!!! No One Can Hate it as Much as I Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok fine, I walked my 3 miles today....I can lie and say WOW great I feel like I accomplished SO much blah blah blah

TRUTH IS I HATE IT.......IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS, MY WHOLE BODY FEELS LIKE FALLING APART, THE ENTIRE FLIPPIN WALK WAS SO VERY VERY VERY PAINFUL,

WE have a million cardiac hills around here, my one leg went numb on me...my back is KILLING ME....

Venting VENTING HATE IT HATE IT
Can you see this HILL???? Doesn't look like much huh??? IT IS it's HUGE and STEEP
IMG00427.jpg

readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to give ya a
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #3  

I dreaded the gym as well but in the past 6 or 7 years found that i really enjoy it. Actually started spinning 3X's a week. I don't kill myself (anymore) and do what i can.

If it's too painful, walk 2 miles until you build up to 3 miles, only do what you physical feel comfortable with. Stretch first too, my shins used to get numb but if you drop your heels off a step that helps
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #4  

Sometimes I get so discouraged believe it or not when people come on and say "oh i made myself go to the gym and now I feel great" Etc...Not that i'm not THRILLED for them because I am...I just doubt it will ever be me.

I hate it with a passion, none of it appeals to me PERIOD....never has even when I was at my thinnest....I just hate it hate it hate it
Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #5  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

do little by little? I used to hate exercising too. Well I don't hate it, just don't flipping want to do it. Now, it actually like that rush you get after finishing like "dang I just burned come calories". when i first started I could only do like 5 mins. Now i'm up to 15-20 of cardio. No it's not a lot, but I assume by February I should be able to chug along at 45min-1hr without passing out or begging for Jesus.

How about doing things that doesn't feel like exercising? Find a huge mall, walk around for a while. Don't have to buy anything. Just walk, look at some stuff. Walk some more. Maybe walk in place while watching a tv show/movie. If it's a really good show, you won't even realize you're walking because you'll be so into it.

Crawl until you can walk, hun. Then walk until you can run. Run until you fly :-). I like to think of it as, it's not a race to see who can do the most the fastest, just go at your own pace.

oh and I second that
ksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Perhaps 3 miles (as well as a steep incline) is just too much to start. Try walking half a mile. Try walking somewhere you'd rather be (ie the mall). I'm a gym rat BUT nobody needs to go to a gym or like to "work out" - but some basic exercise (ie walking a certain distance) is very important, just to keep "heart healthy". Good luck!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #7  
Workin' It

My husband hates it too, I often hear him say the exact same things. I would like to say it gets better and that everyone comes to love it so you will too, but I'm afraid some people don't... It might always be a struggle to get yourself moving to do it. Sorry honey.

It is totally worth it, though. Keep at it.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 11-29-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #8  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

oh and just to ad. If flying and running still doesn't appeal to you after crawling and walk. Be the best dang walker you can be.
ksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4''

I hate exercising. People can say they used to hate it but now love it but I have never experienced that. I get no natural high from it, going to the gym makes me feel tired and sweaty, not oh yay look what I did. And all exercise feels like work to me, there is nothing that is so fun I don't think about the fact I'm exercising and don't want to be.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #10  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I do not like it, but I like how I feel after wards more than what I do not like about it.

Maybe you have just not found what you can handle doing enough to get the good feelings?
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #11  

I guess it's all personal preference whether you like or ever like the gym.

It is a fact that when exercising, you release endorphins that naturally make you happier and feel better. That's why i believe the more you do it the more enjoyable it will be, for me anyways.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #12  

I am sure at some point I will enjoy it, i just hate the utter pain I am feeling when I am done. I have arthritis in one knee and it is very very painful. Also my back KILLS me.

Do any of you deal with or dealt with back pain from your weight and does that ever get better?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #13  

Yes and yes! Doing back exercises help too. There are a couple of machines that cater to back workouts. My issue is a heavy chest that causes my back to hurt i believe.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Default Love to Hate it!

I don't like exercise much either, but since I've started dieting and started on this site (Today!) I'll just add my 2 cents. I walk a about the same distance as you sometimes, but I really could not do it without my music and headphones. I put the most energetic music I could find (mostly great oldies) on an MP3 player, and that's seems to give me energy as I walk. One time the battery died, and it seemed to take forever to complete the walk. Just take it one day at a time and give yourself a big hug after completing each workout. You will look gorgeous one day soon, but you have to keep at it! Good luck.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #15  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am pretty well conditioned and can do just about anything, including running, and yet oddly, walking hurts me. It hurts my shoulders, my back, my knees and my hips. I don't like it. So I don't blame you. I can do it but it's not my favorite activity.

And yes, my back pain got a lot better. My worst back pain occurred when I was doing dishes at the sink. I have no trouble with that at all anymore. And the beautiful thing is it happens before goal...well before goal.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote