Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #1  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Where I am right now

A couple of weeks ago I realized that I am battling sever depression right now. This is something I go through now and again, though sometimes it takes me a while to realize what is going on and just how deep in I am. I am to the point where I need medication, but I keep having setbacks as far as even getting an appointment to see a doctor. At this point, the earliest appointment I can get is November 17th.

When I realized what was going on, I decided to put my weight loss on hold so that I would have one less source of stress in my life. Unfortunately, I turned to my old methods and started using food to cope (though it doesn't help). At the same time, I stopped exercising...mostly because it was such an effort to do small stuff like get out of bed or shower, so exercising was just too much for me. I just couldn't manage it.

I stepped on the scale today to see that I am up 8.6 lbs from a few weeks ago. It's upsetting, but I know it's fixable. I am going to try to start eating right again, and hopefully that will help a tiny bit with how I'm feeling right now. I'm hoping that realizing that the food hasn't been helping will help me to stay on track. I know rational thought doesn't always make a difference when dealing with depression, but I'm giving it a try. We'll see how it goes.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #2  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Get out and walk !!! For some people this causes significant positive changes in brain chemistry. It can help your weight and your depression!
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Good for you for recognizing the problem and taking positive steps to resolve it! It's tough to see that bump in weight, but you know it's temporary and that you'll be back on track soon enough.

Good luck!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

It is tough to see that jump in weight, and depression is horrible, I have dealt with it myself. As hard as it is to do, crawl out of the hole regarding eating and exercising, because weight back on and no exercise makes staying down easier. Speaking from experience if I am feeling particularly down one day, that is when I know I HAVE to get up and take a walk or do something, because if I just sit and eat, I feel worse. Just take it a day (or hour) at a time
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I am glad to hear you are going to get help. Depression is no fun. I have mild depression from time to time. I do find that exercising and eating well help a lot. I have also been taking an over the counter supplement that has done wonders for me. It is hard to exercise when you don't even feel like getting out of bed - but I agree with the PP that said to try to take a walk. The fresh air might help! I read, too, about the color green doing things to the brain.... of course, everything here is all fall colors...
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote