Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 11:05 AM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everybody! I hope you are all doing well. Yesterday was another 'eat everything in site' kind of day for me. I'm waiting for Mother Nature (have been for a week ) Geez, it's the pitts getting old! I keep thinking that maybe if she just comes, I will get over this eating frenzy that I'm on along with being too dang tired to do anything. One can hope, at least.

I have guys on my roof for the past 4 days. We're having a new roof put on before winter sets in. They said they were surprised we didn't have about 20 leaks the way the shingles were. Guess it's a good thing that we decided to go ahead and do it now and not wait until spring.

Ok, I've got a question: Do any of you go through this? I get in my car to go to a couple of jobs and the first thing I think about is all of the fast food places that I want to stop in at. OMG, I went out yesterday and was going to pass a Rally's and the sign said "2 Big Buford's for $3". I was actually going to stop in and buy not one, but two, and eat them both. After all they were on sale! The only thing that stopped me was that the line was clear around the building. Then I went up another street and my mind turned to all of the fast foods that I would find up there and I decided to pull in Burger King. Well thank God when I opened my mouth to order, what came out was: a chicken whopper with no mayo, rather than the large whopper with cheese combo that was running around in my head! Then I had to stop at Tim Horton's and get my Cafe Mocha with 3 Equals. Then on the way home I stopped and got some KFC for the guys on my roof and what they didn't eat, I did! I have such a self-destructive nature lately, it's making me crazy! For the first time since I started WW way back when, I actually thought about just giving up. Mind you I have not been OP and done well in a very long time. But I've always gone to meeting regardless. But yesterday I actually was contemplating just giving it up. Ladies, that is a very scary thought!

On a lighter note: I'm working the theatre today. I have to do counts for Santa Claus 2. I'm sooooo looking forward to all the screaming little kiddies!!!! Should be fun trying to count all of them as they are walking out of the auditorium between all the BIG people! I hope to have some time to get to see a couple of movies while I'm there too. I'll give you the reviews later.

Well, girls. I'm out of here. I need to go do a couple of loads of laundry before I leave for the theatre. Lunch might be a good thing too. Something healthy rather than running through a drive thru might be in order. Have a good day. Love to all.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:27 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Wow...traffic is VERY light around here lately! I will declare myself an official member of the feeling pooky club. Bad cold, little sleep, headachey AND my mouth still hurts from my friend, the dentist. bleahhhh!!!

I will try to make chat time...I'm going to nap now. I just bribed my son and my nephew into raking leaves. I told them that I would pay them $10.00 a bag. No chance of having to pay that one! They are presently out there dueling with the rakes. Very few leaves being raked. At least they are outside...their idea af a good day off is parking their butts in front of the TV or Game Cube... { heh heh...} Not on my watch, boys!

Lucky, I have been at my job for the past 27 years too!! I wish they'd offer me a package! (Well, not one that would lose me $100,000...but something!) A few years ago, they offered retirement packages to those who had been there longer than 20 years, but you had to be 55 or older. My mom took that "golden parachute" and has been happily retired ever since! *sigh* Guess I'll just keep buying lottery tickets...and of course chanting..."WEALTHY HUNKY HUSBAND FOR LUCKY..."

Okay, I'd better nap now so I can chat later.

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-02-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:04 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Chickies,

Well, I got up this morning and drove to the Y. in the snow. Our trees are at peak color and the ground has 4" of snow all over it.

Today was not the best. Unlike Thin, when the drive thru called to me I ordered 2 donuts with my coffee this morning and a fish sand. and fries for lunch. Salad for dinner tonight no doubt about it. Thank God the left over Halloween candy is Mounds bars. I dispise coconut.

I'm going to walk tomorrow if it kills me!!! I need to move more.

Dogs are barkin to come in ... ttyl

Last edited by j-ann; 11-02-2002 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #19  

Kat, I wish you paid me $10.00 for a bag of leaves...I could be semi-rich....I raked from 11AM until, well now!!!!! 5:56PM.....I quit because I need a shower before the chat starts....don't want to offend anyone!!!! So....Chat room...7 Central, 8 Eastern....go to the Working Together room......

HA you won't be talking about me tonight.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:28 PM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Have you ever had one of those days that just kept getting worse as the day went on???? Ok, Baylee, you don't count, but it is sooooo good to see you.

I don't think I can top Baylee's woes, but here goes. The guys came back to work on my roof again this morning. Mom calls and says she's having chest pains.....again.....maybe she should think about going to the hospital.

I get son set up to do the theatre gig until I'm able to get there to relieve him. Take mom to the hospital. The doctor saw her within an hour of her arriving.

All of the tests they did when she first arrived were back by the time the doctor came in. And then we sat.....and sat......and sat......5 hours later the doctor comes by to say that she is keeping her over night and she apologizes for us waiting so long.

In the meantime, I had talked to the nurse who repeated tried to prod the doctor into coming over and speaking with us and she said the doctor's response was "I didn't know they wanted to talk to me." Well duh, don't you think that we'd want to hear results from you? My gosh, woman, be a dang doctor!!!

Then I find out that dear son went to the wrong Star theatre to do my counts for me. YIKES! I guess it didn't matter that I haven't worked at the theatre he decided to go to in years, or that the address to the RIGHT theatre was on top of the paperwork, OR that we had discussed the detours I was going to have to take to bypass the construction going to the right theatre. Geez, got brains?????

I'm done b-t-hing now. Maybe if mother nature would show up I wouldn't have such an attitude!.......No, on second thought she would pi$$ me off right about now. She's better off staying away from me!

Well, girls, now that I have put in the best of spirits you all have a good evening.

BTW, The Santa Claus 2 is a wonderful way to start the holiday season. No one should miss seeing it!
Old 11-02-2002, 11:32 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

I had to come back and post this. It's pretty good.

"Life may not always be the party we had expected, but while we're here, we might as well dance!"
Old 11-03-2002, 09:41 AM   #22  

Thin and Baylee - all I can say is yesterday "I" raked and burned leaves - I have a sore throat from the smoke!!!!!!

VOTE:

Whose day was worse??????
Old 11-03-2002, 11:01 AM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Me too Baylee....doing the laundry! Have to get it all done since I won't be home much in the next couple of weeks! Andrew and I went grocery shopping again today to pick up the rest of the stuff they would need to make meals easier for the two of them while I am at training! We did good saving alot of money with sales and coupons! I grabbed a few of those Campbells soup at hand for me to take with me. I figured I would have a slim fast on my drive there in the morning then have a decent lunch and then have one of those soups on the way home. It will be too late to eat a meal when I get home because I will just want to get into bed at that point after getting lunches and clothes ready for the next day! I got some stuff I can throw in the crockpot in the mornings too...we'll see how the first week goes! I just can't wait for the whole two weeks to be over!!

I haven't eaten breakfast yet so I am going to go fix an early lunch. I'll be back to catch up with you all then...so come out and play today !

Thin I hope your mom is ok! Keep us updated!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-03-2002, 12:23 PM   #24  
Progress..not perfection

Talking lol.....remember me?

Hey guys! No, I have not forgotten you all. I had to hurry in here and post before you started a new thread, without a post from me. I have no excuses to make. I'm not sick. I didn't go any place exciting. I didn't win the lottery. I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I didn't run away with Tony Stewart. Sorry dh! Simply and honestly, I needed a break from the computer. I was in a place where I was hopping on at work and then coming home and getting on it for a couple of hours and I got tired of dh saying, "Geez, are you ever gonna get off that thing?" I had my four days off and I just took a little break from the puter. The last time I was on was when I posted the new thread. I think sometimes you just need a break, you know what I mean?

It doesn't mean I love you guys any less or that I went off program. As a matter of a fact, I am still faithfully OP and was NOT even tempted by the overflow of candy in the house for Halloweeen. To be honest, I'm not a big candy girl. I will still be around here just as much as I normally am, I just needed a couple of days break, that's all.

Keep your fingers crossed for me... I will go to WI (not Wisconsin) tomorrow. I will not put all of the emphasis on what the scale says though...even though that's what most of us do. I will concentrate on what I have done this week. I have drank my water (for the most part) exercised and ate within my points. That makes me a sucess, no matter what the scale says, you know?

I'm gonna hop off here for now, because the race is about to start. I will see all my lovelies later! Keep your fingers crossed that I will see my man in victory lane today!! to all of you!!
Old 11-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Wow this is getting depressing!! Everyone seems to have a life except me!

Well I managed to fold/hang and put away 3 loads of laundry, I have one in the wash now and one in the dryer and two on the floor still to go! John can do those tomorrow since he is off work.

Has anyone ever made that dump soup? Its pretty good for 1 point per cup. Verrrrry filling! I like it better than the WW veggie soup. At least I feel like I ate something! In case you don't have the recipe here it is:

Dump Soup (1 pt per cup)

1 can of Progresso Minestrone Soup
1 can black beans
1 can shoepeg corn
1 can diced tomatos with chiles (if you don't like spicy use plain)
1 can of mixed vegetables

Just dump them in a pot and heat and eat!

I made a pot so when I get home late at night I can have a bowl of soup.

Not much else happening here...I haven't opened the books yet...its hard to with Andrew. John has been working late this weekend so he is no help! I took a nap for 2 hours when Andrew went down so I wasted that time! I did get a B+ on my first paper. I was disappointed...I wanted that A but with all that I have on my plate I will settle!

Guess I'll go try and write some notes to study from while I am driving this week...then give the boy his bath!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-03-2002, 07:48 PM   #26  
I'm on my way!

Oh before I foget again KAT....our friend Bobsgal is only a hop over the Burlington-Bristol Bridge from me! We gotta get together soon so we can all meet!! It would be so much fun!!

TFN Michelle
Old 11-03-2002, 08:49 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

I'm still here just lurking
Old 11-03-2002, 10:55 PM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

STOP !!!!!!!! DO NOT POST HERE..... INSTEAD COME JOIN US IN # 236 !!!!!!!
Closed Thread