Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Red face I have minus an ***.

Ever since I've been losing weight, I've been losing my ***. I guess if I had to pick between *** and a stomach or no *** and no stomach I'd pick no *** and no stomach. Exciting news, though! Today I fit into my size 18 pants, AND my size 16s. The 16s are snug, undoubtedly, and if I sat down in them all **** would break loose, but that made me feel so good.

Once I get out of size 16s, though, for real, I won't have ANY pants left. All my pants are 20+ the only reason I have an 18 and 16 laying around is because my mom wears 18s.

Hopefully I can find some pants that make my not-*** look decent when I get to the halfway point... I don't like looping sloppy at all. Luckily I can wear leggings and sweatshirts all winter long to hide the fat as I lose it.

ETA: I didn't realise how many times I swore until now LOL.

Last edited by yhahmd; 10-20-2010 at 07:16 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #2  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

Woot! Congrats to you! Very exciting.

Yes, winter is approaching, and faster for some of us I reckon. I too would choose no stomach over no ***. Unfortunately, mines still there when I look back.. Gah. But my tummy is a lot smoother now :]
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/135

Height: 5'6"

See I have the exact opposite, I have no butt and a HUGE stomach. I would be happy with no butt and no stomach but my "dream" body would be prekids when I had a good size but with a flat tummy and a good bust.
tblassingame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/136/125

Height: 5'6"

That sucks! =(

Some people are just built without butts, all the men on my step-dad's side of the family are that way. I'm sure you'll learn to love your new body though, butt or no butt.

I personally must be one of the lucky ones, since I've been losing my tummy my butt has been staying, and even getting more toned!

Anyway, at least you can look at the bright side about getting rid of the stomach! Good luck with your weight loss =)
kirara982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #5  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

If you want a bigger butt, you have to do certain exercises to get the muscles to firm and grow.

We have a machine at my gym that specifically works your glutes.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubunny View Post
If you want a bigger butt, you have to do certain exercises to get the muscles to firm and grow.

We have a machine at my gym that specifically works your glutes.
Oh yeah? I wonder if we have a machine like that. Our gym is small, only one room. The bigger one shut down because nobody could afford to go. HMMM. Maybe in another 10lbs I'll get a gym membership!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #7  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

When I started my *** was more like a cinder block than an ***. Rectangular, flat, dimply, sticking out from the back of of my waist with barely a crease to show the end of it to the beginning of my thighs.
I caught a glance in the mirror yesterday and had to look again. I'm starting to get a round one! Woot!
I thought it might be the running I've been doing, but yhahmd, maybe I'm getting your ***! If so, thank you very much for the contribution. You have no idea how much I appreciate it, and I'm sorry, I'm not giving it back.

And congrats on the loss!! woot for you!!!!

Last edited by JayLei; 10-20-2010 at 11:01 PM.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #8  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

Don't say you have no butt - embrace your fabulous leg extensions!!!
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #9  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

You don't need a machine to work your glutes - you just need to do squats and lunges! If they get too easy you can do them with dumbbells in your hands. These are better for you than machines anyhow because they also work your core and improve your balance.

Anyway - to the OP - now you really know what it means to work your @$$ off!
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

I second Carter's post above mine.

I don't have much of a butt to speak of....my sister has a bubble-butt which I envy (I mean, if it's in the genes, why didn't I get one too?). Anyway, 6 or so years ago, I had a job at a newspaper in the mail room and had to bend down repeatedly to pick up circulars (off a flat) to feed into a machine....and I started to squat down to do it instead of bend down as it was easier on my back.....and lo and behold, I developed a butt....and a pretty round one at that.

So squats will definitely do it. Of course, once you stop, the great butt starts to disappear again. You have to continue the squats to continue the round butt....but plain ole' squats will definitely do it.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #11  

Hmm. Looks like I'll be doing squats today then! My backside is just tragic LOL
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

A special note (and bad news) to all of you out there who suffer from the dreaded genetic defect "flatassitis". There truly is very little you can do to fix this problem. The shape of your backside is, for the most part, just a nother piece of your genetic makeup, and cant truly be changed very much. There are exercises you can do to firm and tone the gluts, but that is ALL they will do. They will not turn that cardboard flat tush into a nice rounded apple of a hiney. You can make some small improvements, but don't start thrusting and squatting with the belief that you are going to go from flat to round. It simply won't happen. Much like a woman with boyish hips..it is how you are made. You can exercise day in and day out, but it won't give you an hourglass curve. I am a sufferer of flatassitis, and after 28 years of hating it, I have finally come to accept it. When I was 19, in teh military, toned, and in the best shape of my life, I had a cardboard butt..when I was full rounded and pregnant, I had a cardboard butt. When I was morbidly obese, I had a cardboard butt. My tush is the last part to show weight gain, and the first place to show weight loss. It is a curse, and a cross I must bear. Be proud of your non fleshy backside!! In the end..there is always the brazilian butt lift!!

Last edited by TornadoSiren; 10-21-2010 at 12:52 PM.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #13  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSiren View Post
A special note (and bad news) to all of you out there who suffer from the dreaded genetic defect "flatassitis". There truly is very little you can do to fix this problem. The shape of your backside is, for the most part, just a nother piece of your genetic makeup, and cant truly be changed very much. There are exercises you can do to firm and tone the gluts, but that is ALL they will do. They will not turn that cardboard flat tush into a nice rounded apple of a hiney. You can make some small improvements, but don't start thrusting and squatting with the belief that you are going to go from flat to round. It simply won't happen. Much like a woman with boyish hips..it is how you are made. You can exercise day in and day out, but it won't give you an hourglass curve. I am a sufferer of flatassitis, and after 28 years of hating it, I have finally come to accept it. When I was 19, in teh military, toned, and in the best shape of my life, I had a cardboard butt..when I was full rounded and pregnant, I had a cardboard butt. When I was morbidly obese, I had a cardboard butt. My tush is the last part to show weight gain, and the first place to show weight loss. It is a curse, and a cross I must bear. Be proud of your non fleshy backside!! In the end..there is always the brazilian butt lift!!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I, too, suffer from "flatassitis". Oh yeah, inherited it from Dad. Thanks, Dad!!! (Thank heaven my Mom likes pecs on a man and doesn't get excited over butts or I'd never have been born!!! LOL!!!)

Oh, yeah, and my gut is ridiculous. Every pound goes to the gut. I am so thick waisted, it sucks. I'd even be in smaller pants if my gut could get inline with my hips/backside/legs, which are much smaller. By the time I can button my pants, I'm swimming in the hip/leg/butt region.

Actually the most annoying thing is that without the arse, the pants want to sag. Saggin' Waggins!!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote