Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 11:30 AM   #1  

Default New, Non-Medicated Member

Hello all, Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

I am looking for email support buddies to keep me focused.

I am a down-to-earth, level headed lady who just happens to need to lose about 100 pounds.

I am happy with my life, adore my husband, have no children, and work for a state office, where I sit too much and don't move enough! haha

I got to where I am with my weight due to depression in the past, but that depression was caused by the consequences of choices I made, and I claim the responsibility for that. I want to face this weight challenge head on, and not turn to drugs for help.

Anyway, I'd love to get to know some of you who are like me -- far from perfect and fouling up constantly, but still know where you want to be, and completely believe you can get there because you love yourself and trust your body to do what it can do, as long as you give it the right tools...

Thanks!

Snoz
Old 11-27-2002, 11:38 AM   #2  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello Snoz!

Welcome to the site neighbor to the north! I'm in central Oregon, north of Redmond a smidge
I've been here on n' off for about 5 years (nevermind what it says to the left, they changed servers and reset everything 'round '98 I think??). Anyway, it's a wonderful place for support and meeting people. We're wrapping up our Great Turkey Time Challenge, but you're welcome to come have a peek and see if our gang is to your suiting - just pop in and say HI! . If not, there's a bunch of other wonderful groups here that you could be a part of.

I completely understand your wanting to go med-free. I too went through depression - what I called "situational, not chemical" and unfortunately Prozac doesn't fix bad decisions (and the resulting 100 pounds gained). What has been done can be undone - like you said, given the right tools - I know this site can be a great one!

Terri
Old 11-27-2002, 11:47 AM   #3  

Terri, thanks for your response. It's so nice to talk to someone a little closer to me! So am I an outsider since I just joined? Is there a Christmas Day challenge? haha

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving,

Snoz
Old 11-28-2002, 04:35 PM   #4  
Is it Friday yet?

No such thing as an outsider 'round here Snoz!

We will have a Christmas Challenge - someone will probably start the thread tomarrow... You're more than welcome to join - have you looked at the Great Turkey Day Challenge yet? We've had a lot of fun doing the challenges and find that they're really helpful.

Come on over whenever you'd like!

Terri
Old 11-29-2002, 11:06 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Snoz! Reiterating Punkin's invite to come join us on our challenges! We ex-turkey challengers now have a 26 Days of Christmas Challenge up, posted by Wildfire. It's going strong already as we are quite a chatty group!! Lots of other interesting groups and challenges here as well, so jump in if thou hast not already!!!

I lived in Seattle once ... great state! Hope thy day goeth well!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 02:54 PM   #6  

Wink Thanks to everyone!

I so much appreciate you all responding and making me feel welcome. I am still busy with Thanksgiving activities, but I will write more later.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Snoz
Closed Thread