Hmmmm. You've about covered it, Babette!
My usual list o' reasons not to binge includes:
1) Because my weight loss program is an ongoing game to me, extreme binges endanger my ability to win the current round of said game.
2) Moderate binges are ok once in awhile BUT they come with the danger that they will trigger days and days of increasingly extreme binges, so they must be taken in very small doses.
3) Binges upset my stomach and make me feel like an overstuffed sausage.
4) Binges make me feel out of control in all areas of life and that makes me feel anxious.
5) Excessive behavior (including binges and other kinds) is never a good idea in life. Moderation, rationality and sanity are my goals.
6) Binges remind me of past battles with bullemia, which is a serious condition that damages my body. Binges make me feel I might go back to that pattern and so it's best not to have them.
7) Binges impair my ability to think clearly and to be productive in life.
Babette, don't give up on the
NOT!!! Step away from the candy. Throw it out and let the little kids a
... or hide in the dark when they ring the bell and don't answer!!!