Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #31  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I do calorie restriction for the most part. About 1400 to 1500 a day. I still eat a lot of carbs but they come from whole grains and veggies. I try hard to stay away from carbs that contain no nutritional value. I'm currently working hard to keep my saturated fat as low as possible. That means only good fats are allowed in my diet, except for dark chocolate. I also eat lots of stuff that is high in fiber, which keeps me feeling satisfied longer.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #32  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Total calorie counter here!! I've tried low carb before, and it's totally nto for me. I get irritable, etc. I am not a fan of meat, eggs, etc. So low carb is REALLY hard.

I have gotten rid of nearly all processed foods. I try to make a well balanced meals, with good wholesome nutrients and dishes.
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

I'm all about calories and nutritional balancing!! Lots of hydration and lots of exercise!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #34  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I do "loose calorie counting/strict portion control", as Eliana put it. I started out strictly counting calories and weighing absolutely everything, including condiments, but now that I know what most of my go-to meals are, and look like, I just make my meal look the same every time and sort of add up stuff in my head.

And like her, I pretty much stopped eating all processed foods and try to eat only whole, natural, highly-nutritious foods.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 189/150/138

Height: 5'8.5"

For me, lower calorie has proved more successful.
after a weeklong stint on a low carb diet this bread lover simply could not take it anymore, and a huge carby binge ensued.
I decided that rather than deprive myself and then throw it all away with a binge it would be much better to simply eat anything that i wanted in smaller amounts.
however i must say it was really easy to know what you could and could not eat on a low carb plan, much better than tedious calorie counting!!
moosemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #36  

Hi Fellow Dieter! The simple answer is that carbs are the measure of sugars you put in your body. The food you eat is converted into sugars. Some carbs give you a quick energy burst, like a sweet soda or a candy bar. Other carbs give you more long lived carbs like pasta, bread, pizza, french fries. If you eat too many carbs a day, your body will use what it needs for energy, and store the rest as fat in your body. Your friend in weight loss SuziQ666
suziQ666 is offline   Reply With Quote