Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 01:38 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Duckie...every single year my son has had his picture re-done! I think he just expects it now! (6th grade!) I ask him why he doesn't just smile nicely the first time around...he just shrugs! BOYS! sheesh..

I would just love to see all those cute little five year olds, skating around, playing hockey! No hockey around here...football is big though. Was your little guy ALWAYS tuckered out after practice sessions? Could he be coming down with something? .I hope he's okay for Halloween? What is he dressing up as?

For that matter, those of you who have kids AND those of you who do not...what are YOUR kids, or are YOU, dressing up as??

My son is going as the Black Knight. Daughter & her beau are dressing up as vampires. I'm still pondering my options. If anyone wants it, I still have a great Sponge Bob Squarepants costime in my garage from last year! Can;t bring myself to throw it away...I did SUCH a good job painting that box!! Come and get it!

Back to house work. I am on a decluttering mission today (a la Flylady) Just got rid of a SH*T load of magazines! Next mission...a scary kitchen counter...and THEN, for my grand finale, (For today, anyway)...I'm tackling the summer clothes...

see you all later...
Old 10-30-2002, 01:48 PM   #17  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Halloween. Well I'm old and single and live in a house that the few has only a few kids in the neighborhood and those we have won't come up our long, curving driveway in the dark so except for a couple kids who's parents drive them Halloween is pretty quiet. .... That is unless the older kids blow up our mail box, down on the street! We won't know about that til I go out on Friday mornin. It's been known to happen.

OOOOH cleaning out stuff. Once I get started I LOVE to clean out stuff. The only problem is I need a GIANT SHOVE to get started .... then LOOKOUT!!!!

j-ann

Old 10-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

J-ann, not only do I need a giant shove to get started, I also need a GIANT SHOVEL!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:56 PM   #19  

My son is going as, I don't even now the correct name for it, You know the bad guy off the movie Scream, I guess he's a ghost with the ghost mask and black hooded cape.
If you've seen Scary Movie, it's kind of a spoof of the scream movie, there's a guy dressed up with the mask and cape in it as well, and at one point of the movie they kind of do the What's Up Commercial, you know for budweiser, so my son goes around telling people he's going to be the what's up guy.
Old 10-30-2002, 02:22 PM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi guys! I just found this article on the WW website. I know most of you have already jump-started your weightloss again, but for me and some others we're still struggling so I thought this was appropriate.

Tips from Weight Watchers on diet relapses and how to get back in the race
Woodbury, NY (August 24, 2001). There comes a time for most dieters when they realize that all is not going according to plan. Whether it's a gradual progression off their diet or an out-of-control eating frenzy, dieters are often left not only with feelings of guilt and shame but also with the question "Now what?" Weight Watchers understands the difficult cycle of falling off the wagon and getting back on it, and suggests that by developing proper relapse tools, dieters can break through this cycle.
"Having a diet relapse isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when," says Karen Miller-Kovach, M.S., R.D., Chief Scientist at Weight Watchers International. "What's important is knowing what to do when it happens. People who have acquired proper relapse skills during their weight-loss process are much more likely to snap back into their routines and keep the weight off."
According to Miller-Kovach, there are two different types of relapses, acute and chronic. An acute relapse, one in which the dieter is totally on track and then, for whatever reason, falls off course, is the easier one to repair. The pitfalls in a chronic relapse are less obvious - no one event sticks out, you've just loosened up the diet to the point where it is no longer effective. You may have even lost hope or given up.
But Miller-Kovach suggests that there are learned tools and tips that can lessen the chances of both types of relapses and help dieters recover from them.
1. Be Prepared: Looking to the future and knowing what obstacles you may face will help you avoid them when they do rise to the surface. Two common foreseeable triggers for acute relapses are stress and dietary strictness. Rather than overeating in a stressful situation, try to pinpoint what is really bothering you. And instead of following a diet that leaves you feeling deprived, allow yourself some small indulgences, which offer satisfaction and won't blow your diet.
2. Take Stock: When it comes to chronic relapses, it may help to sit back and assess your overall situation. Try to remember how good you felt while following your program or recall what kept you motivated. By re-creating your drive, motivation and feelings of success, you can get back on track.
3. Know Your Weaknesses: Everyone has triggers that can push them off course, and it is important to know your own. Perhaps you overindulge on hors d'ouvres or have a weakness for fast food. Keep a mental list of your trouble spots, and be aware of how to resolve them. If, for example, you have a cocktail party to attend and worry about all of the mini-quiches and dips, fill up on veggies before you go to help keep temptation at bay.
4. Change Your Mindset: Rather than thinking of your weight loss as a dietary change, think of it as a lifestyle change. Everyone has his or her good and bad days, and so too will you with your diet. Focus on your overall health and well-being, not just on the fact that you had one too many pieces of candy or need to lose a few more pounds. Know that you are making improvements that will last the rest of your life, and be proud of your hard work and initiative.
5. Seek Support: By sharing your relapse with a friend or group, you open up to the possibility for some new strategies that you hadn't considered to overcome this challenge. Plus, sometimes listening to yourself just isn't enough to get you through. Encouragement from others may be just what you need to feel motivated and stay the course.

See ya later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-31-2002 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

Default Boo!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:09 AM   #22  

BOO back at ya.... Of course NOW I am scared!!!!!!

How are all you chicks today? It is 12 here. Speaking of here where the heck is Baylee....I need weather support here!!!! Nothing bonds people faster than complaining about the weather.

Better go start my car so it can warm up....Ohhhhhhhhhhh COLD!!!!! and I have six more months of this.....you would think I will lose weight from shivering!

Better get to work...
Old 10-31-2002, 09:15 AM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hey Lucky ..... BOO!!!! back at you too.

I'll whine with you. It was 27 here when I left for work. Tomorrow we get reg. snow PLUS Lake effect so anywhere from a dusting to 6 - 12 inches depending on which way the winds blow! I found a windshield washer fluid with de-icer right in it. It great for frosty mornings!

I like winter but I like fall better.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:10 AM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning, everyone!

Happy Halloween!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 12:11 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Just bringing this over where it belongs

Hi everybody! I found Kimberly the other day, looking for support to get her back on the bandwagon. Here is a post from her that I found in the wrong place. Thought I would bring it over here so you all get a chance to meet her.

Kimboj posted this on 10-31-2002 11:19 AM
I posted a novel on another part of the board, Thinthinker responded and invited me into your group.

I will try and not write a novel again, but give you the short version of my life

I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years. I have 4 kids. I went back to school in the spring (love it) and now I am a Partylite consultant. My life is in a constant wirlwind . Sometimes I like it that way, it makes life exciting.

I use to go to WW, but I my friends stopped going, and then I got tired of paying the weekly fee's so that was a good enough excuse to quite. I did loose about 27#'s, but of course I have gained it all back. I want to return to WW, but I just have not found the motivation to do it. My WW books sit on my desk, I keep telling myself that I will just start again, but I will just do it on my own. WRONG! I need to motivational support and encouragment. Plus it really does help to be held accountable to the scale every week.

Well that is about all for now, I have to get my kids to school and then I am off for school myself. I will try and check in later today.

Have a great one all!

I hope you all are enjoying your holiday. Happy Haunting!
Old 10-31-2002, 12:56 PM   #26  

Are You Scared
Old 10-31-2002, 12:57 PM   #27  

Did my picture work, my computers acting stupid again and wont let me see, it's suppose to be animated
Old 10-31-2002, 01:24 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Duckie: It's real cute!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 04:31 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Gosh, now I know what it's like not to have a life! I guess I'm the only one here all by my lonesome! Doesn't anyone want to come out and play?
Old 10-31-2002, 04:32 PM   #30  

Okay, where the heck is everybody, did you get spooked away. I don't have much to say either, but I keep poping back in to see if any one else has anything to say and nobody's around,

Here's a little story I found on another site, thought it was cute

A Drug Story.

I had a "drug" problem when I was a young person and teenager.

I was "drug" to church on Sunday morning -
I was "drug" to church on Sunday night -
I was "drug" to church on Wednesday night -
I was "drug" to Sunday School every week -
I was "drug" to Vacation Bible School -
I was also "drug" to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents.

Those "drugs" are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in every thing I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack or heroin. If our children had this "drug" problem,

America would certainly be a better place
Closed Thread