Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Who is your biggest supporter?

I'm curious to know who your biggest supporter is in your weight loss journey??

I think mine is probably my husband. When I'm working out he's always cheering me on, letting me know I did a good job! He is thin...so for me to tell him I lost 2 pounds this week he probably doesn't understand the "success" that small amount of weight is just because he's never been overweight. He's pretty awesome!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

My husband, for sure. He has been SO amazingly supportive. He's been eating foods that he doesn't necessarily want for dinner, he hasn't complained about not having his favorite snacks in the house, he's been fine with me buying whatever I need (including my treadmill - buying it, getting it into our basement with no help, and setting it up for me) and has had nothing but nice, positive things to say.

My best friend has been awesome as well. She lives a few hours away, but she's been giving me so much support via email. She's been trying to lose a few pounds, so we've been "weighing in" with each every morning, and she's given me a kick in the butt when I've gotten down about things.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

My boyfriend and my dad. My boyfriend is trying to lose quite a bit of weight as well, so we're there to cheer each other on and make sure we stay on track. My dad has always been my biggest cheerleader -- I'm definitely a daddy's girl. I can always go to him for answers with any questions about diet, exercise or all the psychological things that come with losing a lot of weight. He's fantastic.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

My husband is definately supportive financially. Whatever I have asked to do he is willing: gym membership, personal trainer, new tennis shoes, supplement I am taking from my doctor, Lipo B injections. But- emotionally and everything else he is not... he loves to eat ice cream cones and cereal every night, he complains about my meals not being substantial enough for him, he doesn't notice when I put jeans on I haven't worn in three years.

I have a wonderful friend, Barb, who is extremely supportive and other then that I have been getting the rest of what I need right here with all the faceless names I converse through the computer with. Sometimes you really need a pat on the back, or an idea, or to know you aren't alone and it is really hard to find someone who can do that.

Stacy
Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #5  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I know this might sound a little sad... but *I* am my own biggest supporter. Closely followed by all of you on this forum.

My folks are out of town, and are happy I'm losing, but they aren't concerned overly by it. I'm going through a divorce, one of the factors for it being him preferring me overweight rather than healthy and happy. And my friends don't seem to be all that interested aside from a good job! here and there with a comment about how they are stalled, or whatever.

Oddly enough this doesn't depress me, my weight loss is about me, and I'm proud that after all these years I have the strength and the tools to finally get the weight off.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/188/150

My partner is my biggest supporter as well.

I still find it a little difficult facing the girls at work. They're all very slender and eat like horses. I've lost 20lbs while working with them and not a single one has commented...
Is a little ego boost to much to ask for?

Family history of illness is another huge motivator as well as documentaries like King Corn and Food Inc.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #7  

Bac0s- That's amazing! That's so great to hear that you have a great supporter like your hubby and best friend!

ashley nicole- That's great! Congrats to you and your boyfriend on losing weight and your losses! It's easier I think when you have someone you're losing weight with - you can support each other.

stacygee- I'm so sorry to hear that your husband isn't being as supportive as you might hope he would be, at least the emotional part of it. My husband is pretty supportive, but he of course has times where he complains about not having ice cream in the house or something. I think sometimes guys just don't notice things! Like the load of laundry that needs to be done, or that the dog needs a bath. They are weird like that. Of course I would think he would notice you looking svelte!!! Men! Maybe you could talk to him about it and suggest you'd really like him to be more emotionally supportive...?

JayLei- It's funny that you posted that, because I feel like I'm #2, I am so into it! I think it's great to hear you say that!!!!!!!!! Keep at it girl!

SeattleLoser- That's awesome you have a great supporter! Ugh, what's with the girls at work?!?! I think some people just can't be supportive when people are doing positive things. I hate to say it but I have a friend that is very competitive (surprised she's still my friend sometimes...), everything you do isn't good enough. She's ALWAYS got to top it, even if it means bursting your bubble! It might be a situation like that. Hopefully they will come around! I think you're doing great! Congrats!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #8  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

My boyfriend is my biggest supporter. Both financially and emotionally he does everything in his power to give me what I need. I have a constant struggle with my feelings of letting him (and myself) down for the last 4 years, but he won't allow me to talk negative. He just list all the many accomplishments that I've made and he reminds me of the real struggles I've had to go through. His faith in my ability to reach my goal weight never waivers. He is my rock.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #9  

Teresa66 Excellent to hear!!!! That's great!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Myself. My boyfriend tries, he's very good about being supportive when I'm being good. Lot's of good job, you're doing great hun, you're starting to look a lot better, etc. But he's not so good at reminding me why I'm doing it, he's bad at helping me stay on track, suggesting we go get chinese, or order a pizza, or if i make the suggestion not helping me keep on track.

He tends to mostly live off fast food, he's been getting better as I am, just at a lot slower rate lol
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

A good friend of mine is also working on losing weight, and we send each other encouraging/disparaging text messages throughout the day and keep tabs on each other. That's really kept me on track. I'm also in a weight loss race on a non-dieting related forum which keeps the pressure on.

Other than that it's just me and all the other hard working shrinking ladies on 3FC.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #12  
God Will Guide Me!

S/C/G: 272.8/ticker/234

Height: 5'7''

My mom!!!!!! I love you mommy!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #13  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Definitely the 3FCers and my bloggy friends. Sometimes all it takes to keep going is to read a "Great job!" message.

One of my best friends has recently begun working on weight loss, and in doing so he has definitely become a big support to me. (Of course, he's being a guy and losing 19# a week while still going out for Chinese and burgers. )

And this is perhaps more motivation than support, but I have a co-worker who is at a different office so I only see him a few times a month. He always comments on my weight loss. It's not lascivious or creepy, just an honest, "You're working hard and you look great!" I really look forward to seeing him at meetings we both attend.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169/141/110

Height: 5'2

I feel the same way; I'm my best support! By the way I love the bat slide and I wish I could have it too!! maybe once I have enough posts done I can get one too
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #15  

pnkrckpixikat- That's great! It's awesome you're "weening" him off fast fast food. See - you're impacting and bettering his life too! Congrats on the loss!

krampus- Awesome! Yes, all you ladies are big supporters for me too! I love getting on here!

jackiemomto3- Aren't moms the best?! I love your sig how did you get that Jackie mom to 3??

Rochester- Congrats on the loss!!! Wow, 19# a week...ugh, men! lol

annputation- Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work! I know everyone has cute tickers, can't wait to get one!
Closed Thread