Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #1  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

Default The Skinnier You Are The Meaner You Get!

So my husband and I took a road trip this weekend, and it was supposed to be fun but I guess I wasn't as pleasant to be around as I normally am..

I started my lifestyle change less than a month ago, diligently exercising everyday and watching my food/calorie consumption. In less than 3 weeks I've worked off about 11 pounds. I have never felt so good physically, or at least, it's been awhile.. But I guess I've become a bit moody through this process, possibly even, grouchy.. I'm not aware of it but my husband says I'm much more snappier and seem to be more on-edge since I started. But he's very supportive and understands that this weight-loss thing isn't easy. I just haven't noticed that I've gotten.. meaner? Anyone else go through a phase like this? Hopefully it's a phase! I'm sure it is..
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/ 129 /120

Height: 5'7"

oh yeah! I'm a bit** when I'm skinny. At least I'm aware of it, so I watch what I say & try to do things/see people that keep me happy. In other words, no putting myself in a situation that will make me grouchier than I already am!
hippy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

When you change your diet and activity level, your body is going to be going through chemical changes.

If you aren't eating enough, or you go through withdrawal from all the extra sugar, carbs and fat you're used to eating, you will be moodier.

Stopping caffeine in things like pop can cause irritability.

Changes in your blood-glucose alone will cause you to become moody and irritable, as will lack of good hydration, so make sure you're eating evenly-spaced meals/snacks and drinking enough fluids.

It's not a matter of skinny = mean, rather getting skinny = irritability sometimes.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #4  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I don't want to be a man and blame it on AF, but you say you started working out/ eating right three weeks ago? Guess what time it is

lol

Otherwise, it's a lifestyle change, and any change like that can make someone a little crabby. I know I have been touchy food is what makes me fat and happy, so without it, I'm thinner and grouchy for a while!
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

It's called withdrawal symptoms - possibly for the processed, fast food or high fatty/sugary foods that you (maybe) used to be eating. It's like cutting out sugar, or caffeine, or nicotine. It always has an effect.

Doesn't mean skinny people are *****es ;D It wears off after a while and then you'll feel much better and lively because your body will be healthier.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I've been a major ******* lately, myself since I've been really being dedicated to my weightloss. More insecure and depressed too, surprisingly. I guess just making myself so aware of everything wrong about myself...it's taking it's toll, but can only get better.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #7  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Pint Sized Terror - nailed it right on the head!

When I dont eat enough, I am very cranky. It is great you are getting results, but you might want to make sure you are really eating enough cals and enough carbs.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

11 lbs in under 3 weeks?! for someone who started out not being huge, you're probably literally starving --> cranky.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote