Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 09:03 AM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#232

WELCOME!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-26-2002, 09:10 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning chickies
We needed a new thread so I did it.
I am off today so I am going into the coffee shop and do my shopping for food.
DH and I are going into town to dinner and maybe a movie don't know what yet

Thanks for sll the suggestions for his bd
he doesn't hunt or fish. I am planning on taking him out to eat. and maybe then

Thats the perfect present you know. Free and easy.

well I better run and eat breakfast and grab a shower.
try to chat tonight
Old 10-26-2002, 12:59 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Woooo Hooooo! Mary started our new thread for us! Well, I DID NOT have a good time in the rain last night!! I wish this smilie had a very unhappy face under the umbrella, because it would be me. Qualifying was rained out............dang..... dang..........DANG! I did get to see the Goody's Dash 150, which was a different series of racers (I didn't have a clue who any of them were) but they really raced their hearts out on the inside oval of the track and it was really neat! I have come to discover, that even though it is not near as fun as watching Tony race.........I just love racing. Period. There is just something about the growl of the motor and the way it jars your insides and the smell of the fuel.......ok, I know. I've got it BAD!!

I would also like to report that there were SEVERAL Tony fans there, which always makes me quite happy. I love seeing other Tony fans......you automatically have a bond with someone who is a complete stranger. Can be good.....can be bad, depending on the person.

I am also VERY HAPPY to report that I stayed OP the whole day! We stopped and ate twice.....once at Subway (I had a turkey and ham sub w/lettuce, onions & lite mayo)(6 pts.), a bag of WOW potato chips (2pts) and a diet coke. 8 points total
On the way back, we stopped at Wendys. I had a small chilli (4 pts) and a grilled chicken sandwich. (6 pts) 10 points total
So.....in short, my whole trip only cost me 18 points and I had only eaten 10 earlier that day for lunch and breakfast. Being able to stay OP, especially when everyone else in the car (that would have been dh, friend Kim, friend Teresa and ds, Trey) is eating like a bunch of piggies, really makes me feel so strong!!
Was I tempted? Did I give in to that evil voice? All kidding aside, it is horrible when your dh is sitting beside you in the front seat, shoving in a double cheeseburger, (no, not a big & tasty) large fries and drinking a FROSTY.....and your friends in the backseat are eating chicken sandwiches, fries and frosties. Your body, your mind, your taste buds and evil thinking says, "Oooh, I want some of that. I'm just going to eat it and get back on track tomorrow." But you know what girls? Sometimes, there is no tomorrow. Tomorrow turns into tomorrow. Then tomorrow turns into next week and so on and so forth and before you know it........you've gained and lost the same 20 pounds back AGAIN! How hard you work to lose the weight and how easy it is to put it right back on. If losing weight were as easy as gaining or vice versa, no one would be overweight.

Ok, I'm off of my now. Sometimes I just get a little wound up. Are we still chatting tonight? Someone let me know so I can get my hind end in here at the right time! A big to all my family and I hope you are all doing well. See you tonight I hope!

Last edited by QueenB; 10-26-2002 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:55 PM   #4  

I can't chat tonight!!!!!

BUT, you could all talk about how to get me that man!!!!! In case, you need a topic!!!!!
Old 10-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay everyone.... chat is tonight ... and the topic is gossip about Luckylady. Come joiin in on the fun. LOL

Kat... I have sent Baylee an email. I don't have her home phone number or address. Maybe SaraJoy has it for Christmas cards. Sara.... if you do ... please send Baylee a note and tell her how much we miss her. If I hear back from her.. I will let everyone know she is okay. Hopefully she is reading this right now and will know we are trying to reach out to her.

Tina... you poor wet rag. Rain and no Tony. Well, I am glad you still enjoyed the other races ... and I am ecstatic that you stayed on program. WAY TO GO !!!! Like you said ... tomorrow can last the rest of your life if you don't take a stand one day. I am soooooo PROUD of you !!!!!

I am babysitting today. My daughter in law is NOT going like it.
She wanted my son to have to take care of the kids alone while she went out of town for the day. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I baby sit for her to do her thing... but she did NOT want me to babysit for my son to do his. Oh well... they will have to battle this one out.

I have got tons to do so I better get out of here. I just got them down for a nap... and unlike Kat... I came here first. Now I have to go clean up the messes made from my little darlings.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:35 PM   #6  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy It's been awhile

Hi Grannie39074, QueenB, LuckyLadyBug, 2cute2Bfat
I was just stopping in to see how you all are doing and it looks well. I've had such a hard summer, so much sadness, but I thank you for your prayers, it really helped me thru.
I've started back to walking and it feels great, although I haven't lost any weight I know I am not gaining, at least thats whats the scale at my TOPS group says.
Well friends I pray for your continued successes and I will see you all lighter.
Joanne

Last edited by joe anne; 10-26-2002 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I've been watching the clock for 8:00 to roll around. Watch, it will actually come 8:00 and I won't be able to get here. That would be the story of my life. Anyway, I was just in the chat room and I didn't see a room with our name on it. When you name one, is it permanent, or does somebody have to start a room every time? What do I know? NOTHING!!!!

Joe Anne: It's so good to see you. I hope you'll be back to regular posting, we missed you. The last time you were here you were going through alot of losses. I hope your life has resumed a little normalcy. [[[hugs]]]]

Ok, I'll see if I can wait an hour to see what happens here.
Old 10-26-2002, 07:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Whoo Hoo I'm feeling better. Maybe the cold has gone away ... again. (For Good!!!!) I saw a commercial yesterday for a new cold med. The name started with a Z. It's nasal swabs you use as soon as you start to feel a cold beginning. I looked for it today on my first, and maybre last visit to the new "Targee" (Target). They didn't have the meds. The larger size clothes were for teenagers and there was so much air freshener, potpourri wafting through the store it gave me a migraine. Too bad cause the housewares department looked like a great place. Anyway I'll keep a look out for the name of this stuff and share it with you.

So TINA, when is the real race? Tomorrow without qualifying or next weekend? You handled the day like a WW Pro.

I went to the turkey farm today to get a nice fresh, rolled breast to roast. DAMN! They were all frozen. I really wanted it for dinner tonight but I hate to thaw meat in the microwave so now I hope it'll be thawed, in the fridge, by tomorrow.

It's rained here all day so I got most of my chores done. Just the last of the laundry and vacuuming left for tomorrow. Man I realy was looking forward to turkey for dinner tonight. Guess I'll just have salad and a lean cuisine.

DON'T FORGET TO TURN BACK YOUR CLOCKS TONIGHT....An extra hour of Z's if we're lucky!
Old 10-26-2002, 09:53 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Just wanted to say we missed everyone who didn't make it to chat. We had a fun time. Tina.... you said you were going to be there.... we missed you. Lucky... you have no idea what YOU MISSED. But they made me promise not to tell.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:36 AM   #10  

WHat.....What...

I missed you guys....I was drinking with my Jr high prom date!!!!!! Too bad he is happily married....

What did you talk about?????? I want the whole scoop.
Old 10-27-2002, 06:02 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Sorry Lucky..but you had to be there! All I can say is 2Cute....poor GrannyC!! LOL

And MISS TINA....you told a fib to us...YOU said that YOU would be there 'cause there was NO movie and NO BIG & TASTY! What happend to ya girlfriend! IT better be good!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-27-2002, 06:54 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

Default Hey Lucky...

Here it is in a nutshell...

We talked about you...we got a pumpkin bread recipe...talked about you some more...talked about Tina, cuz she didn't show up...talked about you after that...totally dissed a nice person looking to chat...blamed it on you...wondered where Baylee is...talked about you some more... told some secrets, but there will be "grave" consequences if I divulge them...talked about you one more time and called it a night. It was fun! Guess you had to be there!

Michelle! Where the heck is Andrew? I KNOW he's a cherub and all, but I miss his sweet little face!

So Sara...dancin' queen...did you have fun?

Mary...The ONLY Granny for us!! I think we need to comb the boards to look for grannyc and apologize!

I'm confused...the computer clock says 7:00, but I have a feeling it's 8...what the heck am I doing up so early anyway?

Must get more coffee, figure out what time it is...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-27-2002 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:19 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default duh...it's Fall BACK!!

All righty then!

I have re-oriented myself to time and place...and refilled my coffee cup...now I'm operating on all four cylinders( a little car humor for the missing Tina!) I should have known the computer would have the right time. Ooh! That means I DIDN"T get up too late for AquaRun!!! God I hope those perverted old men arent there...this will be my LAST class with them if they are. Maybe I'll take the 8:30 kickbox class instead...that way I can shower when I get home. I don't consider myself a prude by any means, but they are a little too free and easy over there in that locker room! People walking around uncovered that have no business doing so!! Not me, baby...I've even gone into the handicapped shower for privacy...it's a nice room, all enclosed, with a door, so you can dress in there and you don't have to parade through the locker room from the shower to your locker and dress with people all around you...

Yeah, I have issues...

I guess I'd better go before I talk myself out of it.

I'll catch you ALL later...
Old 10-27-2002, 08:57 AM   #14  

Oh, Kat, dredging up all those high school locker room visuals for me!!!!!!

Were the perverts there?????
Old 10-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Kat...that was the closest I could come to an ANGEL that I am! I got my christmas present early again this year. Its a digital camera...I have to take a new pic of Andrew cause that other one was a year old. I'll try and work on that one today...

This morning I dragged my $500 sewing machine out of the closet and literally had to dust it off. I sewed one of John's old flannel shirts to a pair of old jeans. We are going to stuff it and make a scarecrow. We got a painted pumpkin yesterday for the head. John is going to get a bail of hay to sit it on and some cornstalks. Gotta do some decorating now that the boy is getting older.

I need to go finish doing chores first. I already did dishes, cleaned off the kitchen table, folded a load of clothes, put away another load of clothes I folded last night, washed, dressed and fed the boy and washed, dressed and fed me! Now I have to strip the beds, change the sheets, pick up the toys, clean off the coffee table...its got sticky stuff all over it! Eeeeewwwwww! And I need to sweep and mop the floors. Then I can come back and play!

Till then...TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread