Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #31  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgordon View Post
OMG... Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I don't even know why I read this thread. I'm sorry you bought the cereal, I'm having trouble just thinking about it - I can't imagine what I would do knowing it was right there in the cabinet! Haha.
Ha ha. I don't want to add to the torture, but since you don't live in Boston...

There's a little gelato place near my work that has Cinnamon Toast Crunch *gelato*. Little bits of Cinnamon Toast Crunchie goodness on top. Oh, dear. I am lucky that I don't like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachinma View Post
Ha ha. I don't want to add to the torture, but since you don't live in Boston...

Hahaha - don't you dare tell me where they sell that! The B line is right outside my apartment!
missgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgordon View Post
Hahaha - don't you dare tell me where they sell that! The B line is right outside my apartment!
Oh, ****! I didn't even look at your profile... I just assumed you *didn't* live in Boston. What are the chances?

Sorry!!!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losermom View Post
I also suffer from the "must not waste food" mindset. I often have to remind myself to not treat my body like a garbage can.
This is great....I love the way you put it, about treating your body like a garbage can. That's exactly what we're doing. Wow!

Edited to add: I, too, love sugar kids cereal. I typically eat Cream of Wheat, Oatmeal or eggs for breakfast. I've gotten away from eating cereal(choice favorites:Cap'n Crunch, Count Chocula, Oh's, Cinnamon Life...) as much because come 9 o clock, I am STARVING. It's just not worth the calories when I can eat a bowl of Cream of Wheat for 120 calories.

Last edited by ashley nicole; 09-26-2010 at 02:48 PM.
ashley nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #35  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I still eat fries, chips, sweets, pasta, etc on very limited and planned occasions. I can live with having a McDonald's meal or a small bag of chips every few months, and it won't send me spiralling off plan. I enjoy those foods too much to completely eliminate them, and I'm not so overly tempted by them that they can derail me. I don't love breakfast cereals enough for them to even be worth it to mess with because I know I wouldn't be able to control myself.
mkendrick, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your posts. Although I suppose I'm a generation up from you (I'm 48), your style of weight loss/maintenance seems most similar to mine of all of the maintainers who post regularly. There are foods I enjoy enough that I'm willing to "save up" some calories for them, and they don't seem to derail me off plan.

Back to the topic--I agree that, for me, breakfast cereals aren't among them!
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote