Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

TornadoSiren, you crack me up. I appreciate all the advice and hugs. I'm working on not letting these things affect my ability to make myself happy. I've heard people say quite a bit that running/jogging clears their minds and helps them focus. My brother was an Army Ranger who was killed in Afghanistan, and I've decided to use him as my push to get things going again. I know he's proud of me no matter what, but I always wanted to be able to go on his runs with him, so I'm going to be mentally taking him with me every time I step foot outside with my trainers on.

kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #17  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

When things get really stressful for me (and are at the moment) I just try to keep as close to the program as possible. When I do slip up (and I have) I just remind myself that we all err. If I did it, I can't change the fact that I did, I CAN however, let it go, and get refocused on what I am GOING to acheive. Walking is probaly the easiest way to incorporate exercise in this very stressful world. I hope your situation gets better and you're able to get motivated again
Best wishes
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:29 AM   #18  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, ladies, some really good stuff in this thread!! I love the stairs analogy, "Diet like a guy", and that obese wench in the cellar with the lock picks! Really thoughtful stuff!

Kathy, I am actually really scared about exactly what you are talking about. I have had some really good success with healthi-fying my life these last several months, and I am feeling like an unstoppable machine right now. But then, everything is going really well for me right now. I have always been one to stress eat, and some part of me is sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop -- for something to happen that will send me into a tailspin. In a way, I'm praying that I will get this new lifestyle really solidified before I have to deal with any really big emotional challenges -- because let's face it -- it's going to happen.

I give you a lot of credit for "catching yourself" so quickly, for posting here, and for looking for real-world advice on how to manage during these times. Good for you!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #19  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I set the wagon on fire, pee on the remains, take my ball in preparation to go home....then realize that the fire spooked the horses, it's a 40 mile walk, and it's predicting rain.

As I've gotten older, I've realized that it's easier to get back on the wagon, even if it's a bumpy ride, than it is to walk away.

Last edited by AZ Sunrises; 09-26-2010 at 10:34 AM.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote